UKBouldering.com

Home and away fixtures for the winter season (Read 25208 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Nooooo!!! Don't mention it there -  the last thing we want is a "Cocktalk Picnic" - I meant that it was an open invitation to people we know, not a load of w*nkers, not that everyone over there is of course, but those "picnics" make me want to puke.

If you know some sound people then fair do's - to tell u the truth I think the weather will be too poo anway.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Quote from: "dave"
Quote from: "Bubba"
what's the situation with Roche? I thought climbing was discouraged there these days?

Its is "officially" ...

Dave, is there a topo anywhere? Used to go a fair bit but not been for donkeys - might take another look.

dave

For all your Roche Abbey needs, check out my main man DangerousD - he is da fresh prince of Roche Abbey.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Yeah! That's spot on!

Needs some V Grades though  :wink:

Wow, I'm impressed that he's paid someone to design his site for him. That's keen.

james

• obsessive maniac
:!: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO :!:  
  I didnt mean the bumbling,wannabe hords of JCT and friends.  I meant Adam L, Mark S, Richard S etc.  A select few of the more talented gritstone explorers - to put it politely :D .  
  Have you called John and Ben?
Cheers

James

dave

Quote from: "Bubba"

Needs some V Grades though  :wink:

Not much point, best thing is to make up your own. The big 5c dyno is about V2/3, Crystal is about V4, and Borg is about V5/6. I could show you some right bobby dazzlers.

Wow, I'm impressed that he's paid someone to design his site for him. That's keen.

I think in reality it was some GCSE student doing it as a project, probably earned ten bob and a bag o' conkers.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Sorry boys, but the forecast for Thursday is utter shite.
Maybe we should try again next week (Tues or Thurs)?

Cheers, Simon.

underground

• forum hero
I'm afraid I'll be going to Geneva on Thursday boys, shame. I was looking forward to a day out bouldering again. Still, there can always be another fixture at Simon's home ground. What's Porth Ysgo like in the winter?  :roll:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Ok, the weather has been a pisser this week, but we'll see what it's all like next week - if we aim for Thursday / Friday is best by me. Friday is good really as it means we can have a few beers afterwards.

james

• obsessive maniac
Thursday is best for me.  I have definatly got the afternoon off and I may be able to get 10:40 onwards off.  All we need now is some decent weather.
Cheers

James

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
This weather is screwed - it's sunny here in Notts at the moment! Forcast for tomorrow is now saying sunny in the morning  :?

Pantontino

• forum hero
I've just checked the weather again and now it says it will be dry with rain coming in after dusk!
Maybe we should just come over anyway?
What do you think?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Wish it'd make it's mind up! Here it's alternately sunny and pissing down.

I don't know really, it's tricky to say - the forcasts keep on changing and it depends on which one you believe! Beeb one says showers, meto one says sunny early, rain later....aaaahh!

I suppose it's a longer journey for you - if you lot can be arsed then I  can get the day off. I know Luce / James are interested. Who's thinking of coming over?

james

• obsessive maniac
Go for it Simon,

I just watched the weather on tv and it says rain in the evening with a dry day.

I thought about going out this morning and the rock sempt to be dry, It then started pissing it down so I just went on the woodie.  Point being, I recon it will have dried out and be climbable tomorow.  It is supost to be cold as well!  :D

Cheers

James

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
if dah weathers good ill be out to morrow defo!Will be a bit weak from lugging spanners but what the heck!

Pantontino

• forum hero
Sometimes you've just got to take a risk and hope...
So I'll be in the Longlands cafe above the Outside shop in Hathersage for 11.00 o'clock. I've just rung Ben Pritchard. He says he's going to sort a lift out, perhaps with Al Williams.
Mark Katz is in Leeds and he might come down as well.
Try and be there if you can.
I'll be wearing my usual pinstripe suit and purple whinckle picker boots. I'll be smoking a cigar and sipping sherry from a flask.
Mr Davies will be sporting a rough hessian sack (covered in logos of course).
I though Id mention that just so as there's no confusion.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Sheeeiiitttt - just got back after a nightmare commute up a crash infested M1 - 3 hours to get from Nottingham to Sheffield  :cry:

So, FUCK IT !  I deserve a day off...

See you out there - anyone else coming??

james

• obsessive maniac
Mike.  
I am definatly coming but not sure how I will get there :D .  If I get into Bakewell can I grab?
Cheers

James

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Yeah, sure we can collect you from Bakewell - probably 'bout 10.30 to get there for 11 - give me a bell in the morning to confirm.

james

• obsessive maniac
Thanks Mike.  Talk to you in the morning.  Its gonna be a good day, praise the Lord :lol:
Cheers

James

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Satan  :evil:  will take thy soul, blasphemer!!!

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
I can't believe how good the weather has been for you guys - you lucky bastards. I just spent all day bolting plastic holds to a bit of plywood, whilst gazing out the window at a PGD (perfect grit day)!  :cry: Not best pleased! Hope you all had a good one though......

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
what a day, stanage where ive bouldered since 1986 and i do two new lowish grade probs that were brill.Ang did the green for the first time after much trying in an inspired effort, and a top crew were out for a laugh and some cranking!! dont get much better :D

Pantontino

• forum hero
All I ever really wanted was a good time...

What a great day. A bit damp to start, but perfect blue skies and sunshine.
Lots of old faces (and a few new ones).
Al's new problem (called The Deep End, I think) is an excellent addition to the Plantation circuit (can't believe I never spotted it before) and I too did a few things I've never done before.
Chris repeated The Joker even though it was pretty hot by then (he thinks V10) and right at the end it got quite cold and I finally managed to do Help The Aged after about 20 attempts. I left the crag a very happy man.

Rhys and Chris slammed 3 or 4 pints in the pub, then continued to drink bottles of Indian beer (purchased from some discount off licence in Glossop) all the way back to Llanberis, demanding that I stop the car whilst they releaved themselves at several locations along the A55.
I dropped them off at the pub to continue the session.

I guess we should do something like this again.

james

• obsessive maniac
We have got to do it again.

It was great,  Such a good laugh.  Geting close to two new problems, thanks for the cunning beta Adam.  General good fun all day, what more can you want.

Cheers

James

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal