UKBouldering.com

Cortisone Injections, what to expect? (Read 2399 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Cortisone Injections, what to expect?
November 09, 2009, 07:25:48 pm
Obviously a doctor and a needle, but other than that any pointers from the front line of shoulder damage land?

Dr reckons a physio may help and has referred me for tomorrow but thinks that they may wave it off so he'll be going down a more interventionist line, with the first option being the jab.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: Cortisone Injections, what to expect?
November 09, 2009, 07:28:35 pm
Hurt a fair bit for the first couple of days then gradually get better over a few weeks (assuming it works).  It depends exactly what's being injected, and why.
Small risk of infection, small risk of local effects (skin thinning/colour change).
Because it's a variant on a female steroid, you may find your moobs get a bit bigger, but it's usually a small price to pay.

Sloper

• forum hero
#2 Re: Cortisone Injections, what to expect?
November 09, 2009, 07:44:33 pm
Hurt a fair bit for the first couple of days then gradually get better over a few weeks (assuming it works).  It depends exactly what's being injected, and why.
Small risk of infection, small risk of local effects (skin thinning/colour change).
Because it's a variant on a female steroid, you may find your moobs get a bit bigger, but it's usually a small price to pay.

Who dare you insinuate that I am less than utterly ripped and butch?  Anyway should I have a good  :shag: :shag: :shag:  :wank::shag: :shag: :shag: :shag: before hand in case it impairs performance?

Anyway apparently cortisone for a sub acrominial bursitis and something, something to do with fluid and a potential rupture?  I'm not sure the fella seemed more concerned with discussing who's hooking for Ireland at the weekend and that was a much more interesting subject.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#3 Re: Cortisone Injections, what to expect?
November 09, 2009, 08:15:00 pm
If it's just a subacromial injection, see above.  Although, you'll have no trouble with moobs but your cock will shrivel up.

Sloper

• forum hero
#4 Re: Cortisone Injections, what to expect?
November 09, 2009, 08:17:08 pm
If it's just a subacromial injection, see above.  Although, you'll have no trouble with moobs but your cock will shrivel up.

Cheers, are you coming down for the beano on the 28th? 

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#5 Re: Cortisone Injections, what to expect?
November 09, 2009, 08:29:07 pm
Eh?  Dennis the Dodger, Rodger the Menace and that shit?

Sloper

• forum hero
#6 Re: Cortisone Injections, what to expect?
November 09, 2009, 08:42:43 pm
Eh?  Dennis the Dodger, Rodger the Menace and that shit?

Roger the meanace will be toilet trading, Dennis thinks that he may have to stand a round of drinks, Nik will be coming to give us all the latest low down on the fashion scene, Styler will be coming to see how to turn a tup and I will be offering the latest in the people's battle against the capitalist syetms, get yer Morning Star 'ere only £1000 signed by Scargill 'imself.

beer, drugs and foie gras may be consumed

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal