UKBouldering.com

Stolen Gear in Hull (Read 2355 times)

LiamDobson

Stolen Gear in Hull
November 06, 2009, 04:10:14 pm
A friend of mine had his car broken into the night before we planned to go climbing, the only things of value stolen were all his climbing gear and some of mine. We were told by the police to try and get word out as far as we could to try and make it as hard as possible for the theif to sell such specific gear. So i'm going to post a copy of my friends thread on UKC here.

Thanks

A group of us from Hull were set to head to the peak this morning. Got to the car and someone had broken in and stole my Berghaus Arête 45 Litre Rucksack, Full of all my (& the people I was with) gear...

I haven't a clue what they intend to do with it all. As it's so specific to Rock Climbing, I know all the climber's in Hull if they tried to flog it. But if anyone comes across anything 'funny' or see's anything on eBay, Please, please get in touch (I will soon post a list of the exact gear stolen for reference)

The insurance company won't pay for personal belongings stolen. So now there are 3 of us unable of getting out on routes and I am now completely incapable of climbing! Please if you notice anything from the below list anywhere. Please let me know.

Greatly appreciated,
Oliver

Berghaus Arete 45 Litre Black Rucksack
Petzl Adjama Harness
Five-Ten Anasazi Verde (Size 10)
Wild Country VC Pro Belay Device + HMS Synergy Krab
Prana Mens Chalk Bag (Green)
Prana Womens chalk Bag (Blue)
Slings (grey10, white60, red120, orange240)
Prowire Quickdraws (6x10cm, 2x25cm, 3x18cm)
1-10 DMM Wires
1-4/5-8 Metolius Ultralight Cams
2 Clog Screwgates
2 DMM Truescrew Screwgates
1 DMM Eclipse Screwgate
5 DMM Phantom Krabs
4 DMM Prowire Krabs
Lapis Brush
Wild Country Nut Key

(All the Rack is marked with electrical tape: Green&Black)
[ http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/Gulius/Rack_Mark.jpg?t=1257522911 ]

The only thing I can imagine is any use to them... the ropes, they left the boot of the car.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: Stolen Gear in Hull
November 06, 2009, 04:36:58 pm
The insurance company won't pay for personal belongings stolen.
Your car insurance won't cover it? Have you got any sort of home/contents insurance? They will often cover such items.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Stolen Gear in Hull
November 06, 2009, 05:48:45 pm
Sorry to hear about that :-( Will keep my eyes and ears open.. re-posted your picture so it comes out..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal