UKBouldering.com

paiiiin (Read 2146 times)

Twiglett

• regular
    • Vid's
paiiiin
October 15, 2009, 07:26:50 pm
a quick annoying finger question for everyone. Anything which might help would be great.

has anyone ever had pain in a finger when making a fist? like a sharp pain for a split second which passes quite quickly. I'm obviously off the climbing for now, doing the usual injury stuff - ice baths, masturbating with the other hand and such like. But I dont know what I've done - has anyone else had a similar problem? Is it best to rest for a bit, then buddy tape it? or would regular taping be OK?

As I said any i would be greatly appriciated. Cheers guys.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 07:42:03 pm by Twiglett »

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1 Re: paiiiin
October 15, 2009, 07:51:56 pm
I've had pain in a finger when trying to curl it towards the palm (not limited to fist making). It really really hurt when pushed by another hand further than it wanted to curl. Turned out to be collateral ligament damage (the sides of a joint) of the middle joint.

The Sausage

• forum abuser
#2 Re: paiiiin
October 16, 2009, 06:38:02 pm
when did you first notice it? did it come on suddenly or gradually? if suddenly, can you say what caused it? Where exactly is the pain? is it, or has it been, swollen? Doeas it hurt to hang off it in crimp or open handed position? is there any tenderness when you press it?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#3 Re: paiiiin
October 16, 2009, 08:32:45 pm
I'm afraid I must defer to my previous finger injury diagnosis replies.

Twiglett

• regular
    • Vid's
#4 Re: paiiiin
October 17, 2009, 10:42:36 am
when did you first notice it? did it come on suddenly or gradually? if suddenly, can you say what caused it? Where exactly is the pain? is it, or has it been, swollen? Doeas it hurt to hang off it in crimp or open handed position? is there any tenderness when you press it?

It came on during a session, the only thing I can think of is possible crimping too hard with a poor warm up. its my rh ring finger, and as you look at it palm upward its on the rh side of the second (middle) finger joint. I first noticed it on sunday, climbed at the indoor wall Monday and I managed OK mostly open handing or half crimping at worst, though Tuesday I noticed it felt slightly more pronounced at work. its not swollen nor has it been!! :shrug:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal