UKBouldering.com

holds for board (Read 2045 times)

sonja

holds for board
October 07, 2009, 02:54:42 pm
hi guys going to be equiping a 45 degree board  any ideas on the best holds going to be working on a budjet thanks sonja

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing
#1 Re: holds for board
October 07, 2009, 03:00:55 pm
You can make your own out of bits of rock/slate/wood if you are really strapped for cash.

I bought holds for my board from this guy (http://www.climbholdfast.co.uk/). Price was really good and you can specify any colour you want. My board is on the side of my house so I ask for red brick colour holds...

sonja

#2 Re: holds for board
October 07, 2009, 03:07:36 pm
thanks will check them out going to be making a few holds myself a friends board had a lot of bleaustone holds which seem good

nodder

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: holds for board
October 09, 2009, 11:39:52 am
Go to a wood yard and ask them about offcuts, for 2 quid me and Leroy got a big bag of nice mixed sizes, some hardwood.  They did seem to think we were rumaging through the massive bin to choose our own kindling, this confused the Llangefni locals a bit.  A belt sander is ideal to make them, about 12 pounds for the shitest one we could find in Stermat.  If they exist outside north Wales.

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing
#4 Re: holds for board
October 09, 2009, 01:24:50 pm
A belt sander is ideal to make them, about 12 pounds for the shitest one we could find in Stermat.  If they exist outside north Wales.

Stermat in Valley is an amazing shop - it's mega cheap!!!

tobym

• menacing presence
#5 Re: holds for board
October 09, 2009, 08:39:45 pm
  They did seem to think we were rumaging through the massive bin to choose our own kindling, this confused the Llangefni locals a bit.

Maybe they thought you were Meibion Glyndwr ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal