UKBouldering.com

Finger niggles (not an injury - I think..?) (Read 1631 times)

Scraggadoo

• addict
Finger niggles (not an injury - I think..?)
October 06, 2009, 10:47:05 pm
After a period of climbing regularly I find that I get stronger with certain grip types (i.e. crimp, half crimp, open handed etc no surprise there really) but I also notice that when I apply force to the side of my fingers, they're sometimes a bit too weak (weaker than normal) and hurts if I lift something too heavy.

It's rather difficult to explain but put it this way - give someone the thumbs up.  Now grab something horizontal with your hand in the same position (fingers slightly extended, not fully closed) and thumb presses down on top to grip the item.  Lift and sometimes my finger hurts.  Obviously in normal direction (face on to palm) there isn't any pain.

I'm just wondering what your experiences are, it would be good to know if I'm pushing things a little far or if this is par for the course?

Ta

PS climb up to 6c sport (have got on one or two 7as) and boulder font 6b approx

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Not quite sure about your description, but is this a collateral problem?

Scraggadoo

• addict
Not quite sure about your description, but is this a collateral problem?

Sorry to be dumb here but what do you mean?  I realise it is quite difficult to explain - fingers feel tweaky when pushed side to side?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Yeah, may be a collateral ligament strain.

Scraggadoo

• addict
Ta, I'll just google that now or rummage through the threads to find out what that is!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal