UKBouldering.com

Font Film to End all Font Films - "Between The Trees" (Read 82225 times)

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
Mine hasn't turned up yet  :(. But then I'm not surprised as I'm probably the furthest away.

Hope Keith didn't put a sweetie in or it'll get confiscated by Customs........

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
Mine hasn't turned up yet  :(. But then I'm not surprised as I'm probably the furthest away.

Hope Keith didn't put a sweetie in or it'll get confiscated by Customs........

me neither - guess those planes aren't flying so quickly these days...

220bpm

• player
  • In my lungs, and sometimes up my nose...
    • My pictures
Ker-schwing  :bounce:
It arrived yesterday morning, watched most of it last night.

....and crush mode was engaged, lol.

Bon stuff squire, well impressed.

ps - that Tyler chappie seems quite good  ;)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
most of us would be quite good if we all weighed the same as my leg

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
I dunno, I bet I'm a similar weight (to Ty, not to Jim's leg) and I've yet to dispatch many of the harder classics. ;)

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
I dunno, I bet I'm a similar weight (to Ty, not to Jim's leg) and I've yet to dispatch many of the harder classics. ;)

Has anyone told Magpie that her leg warmers are lead-lined?  ;)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
(to Ty, not to Jim's leg)
according to the mathmatic equation;
jims leg(kg) = tyler(kg)

northerngreg

• player
  • slayer
I had the pleasure of meeting Unc tonight down at Bristol bouldering wall. You can all rest assured that your £££'s have gone to a thoroughly down to earth and lovely bloke. The sort of guy you could chat about nothing to all night.

Nice one Unc. Good luck on Gecko Assis next week!

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com

me neither - guess those planes aren't flying so quickly these days...

i knew this would work - post the 'mines not bloody arrived yet' message then lo and behold guess what arrives in the post the next day...

a dense loner

• forum hero
I had the pleasure of meeting Unc tonight down at Bristol bouldering wall. You can all rest assured that your £££'s have gone to a thoroughly down to earth and lovely bloke. The sort of guy you could chat about nothing to all night.

are you insane? keith's a fuckin cock, but i lv him. him, not his cock

account_inactive

• forum hero

Are you sure that was Keith?

saltbeef

• forum hero

think you've pulled keith.

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
In reply to Dylan: It could well have been.

You can't fucking leave the house in Bristol at the moment without running into Keith. If he's not clogging up the dance floors swinging his t-shirt round his head to the latest psychedelic trance, he's holding up the queue at the wall trying to bribe the attendant (don't they know who he is?) with some DVD or other.

Doylo

• forum hero
what a git.

Huffy

• obsessive maniac
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/forceit
This one time...in the school room...me and keith were alone together and you couldnt IMAGINE what he managed to do with one hand! :jaw:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
most of us would be quite good if we all weighed the same as my leg

You just have big legs though  :P

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
This one time...in the school room...me and keith were alone together and you couldnt IMAGINE what he managed to do with one hand! :jaw:

This one time...in band camp.... one hand, a trumpet, you guess the rest

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
You can't fucking leave the house in Bristol at the moment without running into Keith. 

:agree:

Spotted him at TCA the other day. He looks slimmer when not in widescreen format. ;)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Just noticed this over on Bleau.info:

Quote from: http://bleau.info/forum/20095.html
Hello to Tyler and Keith ; and everyone concerned.

I've been amazed and exited to have opportunity to see your climbs, but was finally shocked and feeling depressed about the way all the problems are done with "bad" starts. When it's not from a pad it's from many, and same for the seat-starts who are definitely not seated in the movie.

It will be so easy for such strong climbers like you, or anyone, to be more concerned by the "proper" way to start a problem. It's not a trouble of ethic at all, if you consider the start by the same point of view as the end of a boulder... To do a problem, you have to exit well, so why not starting well?

Starting a problem will be always better not using pad(s) and all kind of artificial elevation when possible, simply. Considering the pads just for falling could be the next goal of future generations! The thinner layer you put under your feet to start, the cleaner and harder is your climb. And finally, what counts more than the "way" you do things?...

Maybe there's a "start-carpet" to be done by all the pads manufacturers! I do not like too the "paillasson" (house-entrance thing) usually used by many bleausards, as i find it too heavy and slippering a lot on forest ground. I prefer using a simple rag (legs cut from dead pants...) in dry conditions - couldn't find thinner layer and very usefull for cleaning holds too -, and the thinner carpet as you can found in cars if ground is too wet.

Notice also, i don't care starting on a pad or a stone when it's really the last and only solution for me to start a boulder. And i'm really not that psyched about people starting on the pad doing jogg-style-circuit, or one problem for his own deep in the woods, as long as they never manage to appear on a media scene and giving this for example.

Also please, Tyler and Keith, don't take that request specially for you! Even if your movie goes too far on this aspect for me, i can see that at differents levels (of elevation!) everywhere in the bouldering activity now.

Where are we going with bouldering if we never consider clearly and properly the best way to start a boulder? Where are the limits? Are you starting on a stiff new SNAP pad, or do you prefer a mega huge Black Diamond? Ah OK, maybe the best is even a very old BBZ folded in 3?

Well, I'm felling sad about making such a long text for this, and maybe it's just cause i'm an old school guy, who has climbed too much when the pads where not in the activity at all...

I just hope it could be time for everyone to pay a bit more attention on the closest way to start from natural ground where all boulders stands, so maybe higher will be the achievement of bouldering.

Stephan Denys.

Interesting, especially from the land of French Starts.
Certinly pretty Old Skool though :lol:

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
I saw it (for free 'natch) and thought it was excellently put together, and should be a big hit on the gay fetish scene.

My one moan was that it was really hard to understand just how hard the climbing is, I've felt some of the (non) holds on kheops and to see it put away like an easy pink was simply not on.

Likewise Duel.

9.5/10.

Paul B

• forum hero
I saw it (for free 'natch) and thought it was excellently put together, and should be a big hit on the gay fetish scene.

My one moan was that it was really hard to understand just how hard the climbing is, I've felt some of the (non) holds on kheops and to see it put away like an easy pink was simply not on.

Likewise Duel.

9.5/10.

I watched it over Xmas and whilst I enjoyed it I have similar criticisms.

If the numbers weren't there you'd be forgiven for thinking dual was indeed science friction. For people who aren't as clued up on names etc.  (Nat thought it looked piss) its not as easy to identify just how well tyler was performing and I think thats a shame.
Some people I've talked to on this matter have said "but its not the style", the simple fact of the matter is that one glimpse at the foot holds and that crimp gets rid of any doubt about how hard the problem actually is.

I hated the explosion bit at the start but thats just me.

The chalkbag on the other hand was incredibly well done.

I think all of the complaints or comments re: the text in L'etranger has been addressed.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Yeah the explosion thing was poor, very (p)out of character, but on a more construtive note seeing people do some say good 7's before being fucking shut down on what Landman cruises with some close ups would give a true impression as to just how hard these problems are.

For example have you looked down on the rop of karma when it isn't marked like a landing strip?

Rocksteady

• forum abuser
  • Crank
  • Hotter than the sun!
I saw it over Christmas too and would echo the above. Really enjoyed the film, totally psyched to go to Font and get schooled on the apparently infinite variety of goodness, but would have liked to have seen close ups of the holds to see how ridiculously hard Tyler was crushing.

That said, I imagine a large part of that is Keith just being Keith and not a whole film crew with a load of equipment and rigs so he can hang halfway down boulders etc. (As an aside I felt that the same problem occurred on Echo Wall (which I didn't enjoy half as much as Between the Trees but) I would have liked close ups of the holds to see that it was E12 F8c+ ridiculous; clearly the McLeods didn't have the equipment/technology for these kind of shots). Hopefully if enough people invest in this film Unc will make some moolah to make more films with better equipment, because actually he's damn good at it.

Loved that chalk bag chucking sequence, and outtakes too. My trips abroad tend to be more like the 'Frustration' sequence on the extras rather than Ty's beastly crushing.

Ackbar

• player
I noticed the pseudo sit starts as well but I guess they don't make that much difference.  I was more concerned at Tyler not wearing his seat belt  :lol:

joeb

• addict
got the dvd just before my christmas trip to font. It is a testament to the crushing powers of one very understated Mr Landman. As the weather was so utterly shit during our trip i think we managed to visit a lot of the problems shown and can say without doubt that it makes your visit more entertaining when you actually see these things in the flesh. I say good on you keith for keeping some of the magic and intrigue in it for the rest of us by not covering every mm of rock.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal