UKBouldering.com

Spotify mobile arrives (Read 1062 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Spotify mobile arrives
September 07, 2009, 02:47:55 pm
Hello,
The spotify mobile app for Android or Iphones was released this morning and I've been having a play. In short - its f*cking excellent. Synced immediately with my spotify playlists on the PC. Streaming on 3g & wireless is excellent (heard it works fine on edge too) and the interface is great - for me much better than on the PC! Easy to find artists and copy albums tracks etc.. into a playlist. The killer part of the app is that you can 'download' up to 3gb of tunes (3000 tracks IIRC) in playlists onto the phone - so you can use it where no network coverage etc..

:thumbsup:

Downsides are £9.95 a month... its only there for premium subscribers. Theres no-freebie with adverts option which you get on the PC (I think this is a mistake - they could have disabled the download to the phone capability to non-subscribers)  But theres not contract so not tied in - and I'll pay more than £10 on music a month in general and now I dont have to (of course I wont have a hard copy/file though)...

Other minor -ve's are you can only download tunes to be stored on the phone over wifi (its bloody quick though - album in 10-20 secs) and on the iphone it cannot run in the background (which no non apple apps can... >:( )

T

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal