UKBouldering.com

F.S metolius safe tech harness and holdz finger board. (Read 16476 times)

PaulyDB

• player
metolius safe tech harness. this harness has been hardly used, it has been very well looked after and cared for and is in excellent condition, comes with a mesh case for keeping the harness and a few other items of kit in.

holdz fingerboard, as seen here.
http://www.holdz.co.uk/products_sub_cat.php?maincatId=5&subcatId=5
has hardly used and is in very good condition, there wasn't a lot of chalk or dust on the board as I have hardly used it and I also jet washed it last week so it is just like new.

I am selling the harness for £30 with postage included and the finger board for £35 plus postage (which I will check later if you wish me to post it) I can post either item or I can arrange to meet or have any item picked up. please feel free to ask me if you would like any photos of the items or any more information.

thanks for looking.

PaulyDB

• player
I am prepared to sell both items for less if anyone wants to make me an offer.
any takers?

PaulyDB

• player
the harness is now £20 with postage included.
the fingerboard is now £25 including postage.

I really need to sell these items, any one interested?

MikeNolan

You have a PM about fingerboard :)

PaulyDB

• player
thanks, just mailed you back  :)

PaulyDB

• player
the fingerboard is now sold.
the harness is still available.

buttmunch

interested in harness but skint till end of september can u wait?

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Ohhh dear

Paul, if you're going to have conversations with yourself do make it interesting, why not pretend that you haven't be paid for the thing that you hadn't sold and didn't post?

But please don't stop posting you'd be such a loss, don't ditch us for Cocktalk

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Ohhh dear

Paul, if you're going to have conversations with yourself do make it interesting, why not pretend that you haven't be paid for the thing that you hadn't sold and didn't post?

But please don't stop posting you'd be such a loss, don't ditch us for Cocktalk

You know Sloper the easiest way to get something that irritates you to go away is to ignore it.  When you're browsing the forums it shows you clearly who started a thread (and indeed the sub-forum within which it started).  No one forces you to click on and read a thread.  None of what your posting is constructive either.

Trolling, as you are clearly doing repeatedly to PaulyDB, is not an endearing attribute.

philo

• forum hero
chalk OR dust? fuck off

PaulyDB

• player
why don't you fuck off too you prick.

Sloper

• forum hero
Let me guess, Paul do you work in customer service?

account_inactive

• forum hero
He could at least offer you a 5 fingered discount

PaulyDB

• player
no I do not work in customer services. I just wish that all the twats on here who have called me a thief, you included would fuck right off. it is not true as I have already said, all the items I am selling have been bought legally by me, I have no further need for them and I wish to sell them. I shouldn't even have to justify that to anyone for a start, do all you twats question where all the items posted on here for sale come from? I very much doubt it, so why don't you fuck off and leave me alone. either buy what I am selling or fuck off and stop posting stupid comments on my threads.
what I choose to sell and where I sell it has got fuck all to do with you or any other twat who has had something to say about the items I have listed for sale.
I know the truth and the reason I am selling them, so you can either choose to believe me or you can go and get fucked, I don't really care what you do.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
A remarkable piece of marketing.

either buy what I am selling or fuck off and stop posting stupid comments on my threads

Tough choice, but I think I will choose to ignore your ultimatum.

PaulyDB

• player
well fuck off then.
you wouldn't walk in to a shop and pester the staff and then leave without buying anything so don't do it here.

Sloper

• forum hero
I don't want to fuck off and leave you alone, you're far too much fun.

As for going and getting fucked, I'll ask Mrs Sloper nicely and you never know :shag:

Anyway I'm after another bouldering mat, have you got one going spare?

PaulyDB

• player
sadly not you have already missed it.
I sold my alpkit phud only last week.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
no I do not work in customer services. I just wish that all the twats on here who have called me a thief, you included would fuck right off. it is not true as I have already said, all the items I am selling have been bought legally by me, I have no further need for them and I wish to sell them. I shouldn't even have to justify that to anyone for a start, do all you twats question where all the items posted on here for sale come from? I very much doubt it, so why don't you fuck off and leave me alone. either buy what I am selling or fuck off and stop posting stupid comments on my threads.
what I choose to sell and where I sell it has got fuck all to do with you or any other twat who has had something to say about the items I have listed for sale.
I know the truth and the reason I am selling them, so you can either choose to believe me or you can go and get fucked, I don't really care what you do.

Part of the difference PaulyDB is that with a lot of the other buying/selling that you see in the archives is done by people who are regular posters to the forum.

This has the distinct advantage of engendering familiarity between both parties.

I'd suggest that some of the hostility stems from the fact that you are only posting here to sell the items you have purchased but no longer require.  This also may be why some suspect the items you are selling to be of dubious background as you've not made it clear that you are a regular climber/boulderer through a history of talking about what you've been up to, like/dislike, know/don't know.

Forums are really much the same as real life, if you wandered into a pub you've never been in before and said "'Ere anyone want to buy an unused rope/finger board/harness/etc. for a bargain" then most denizens of that pub would quite rightly view you with some suspicion.  Contrast that with doing the same in your local and you wouldn't be viewed with anywhere near as much suspicion.

Just my perspective on why you might be receiving a bit of a ribbing (bar the poor choice in DVDs  :) ).

PaulyDB

• player
well not that it makes any difference but I have been a regular climber/boulderer for the last 4 years.
as most of the people who post on here and ukc too for that matter no longer climb anyway or climb very little and yet still class them selves as climbers/boulderers I do understand why you are asking how much I climb.
and to answer that I climb several times a week every week, and I have done for the last 4 years.
is that enough for you?

Sloper

• forum hero
Yeah  .. . . . ... most of us haven't been climbing in well, days.

Part of the reason why people think you're flogging stolen goods is that, well if I have to explain it I'd be wasting my breath.

Ohhh and just because you're a climber doesn't mean that your reputation must be pristine.

Now then who wants to buy some 25 year old hex's, still on the original cord.  I don't have a receipt but I can say that they've held some lobs in the past so probably might keep you from hitting the ground.  Will swap for 50m of static rope.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
You may do better advertising on a caving site, especially for the rope- I'm not sure how many people here use statics that often.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:48:25 pm by GCW »

PaulyDB

• player
where did you steal them from you low life no good scumbag thief.
you must have stole them right?

Sloper

• forum hero
Of course I stole them, the bloke initially put up some resitance but after I pushed him over the edge nicking them was a doddle, there's still the odd stain from the blood.

I was mightly annoyed though as the impact ripped his gore tex which back in the day was well worth killing a random punter for.

If you doubt my story do some research for climbing related deaths in the mid 80's.  I stopped after a while but now my rack is getting a little sparse . . . .well just be careful out there.

PaulyDB

• player
is that a threat old man?

Sloper

• forum hero
No, of course it's not a threat I would never threaten anyone, I much prefer the .50 cal and then boiling them down in acid to add to my collection.

You have seen my photo on here haven't you, well that's what happen if you downgrade one of my routes right!

PaulyDB

• player
there isn't really much you can do to downgrade a mod or a diff is there.

Sloper

• forum hero
I downgraded a mod to a two tone and he was fucking furious dear boy, fucking furious.

PaulyDB

• player
your line of, it was HVS in my day says it all. it probably was HVS back before the earths crust cooled.

Sloper

• forum hero
Harsh, in fact I'm destroyed, in tears, how much do you want for the gear again?

Anyway, what the fuck are you doing here on a saturday night? 

I'm drinking a 1er cru chablis waiting for my young attractive wife to settle our son before having a good mean and a grand cru class claret.

How's the cheap cider going with the chips?

PaulyDB

• player
that's got fuck all to do with you. but why the fuck are you sat on a computer leaving your wife to deal with your son? shouldn't a father do that too?

I don't drink cider.
or anything alcoholic for that matter.

Sloper

• forum hero
Are you a Jaffa?  Settling children is women's work. Sloper Jnr wants mummy and who am I to argue, after all he's a far better debater than you are.

PaulyDB

• player
no I am not.
lets just hope he is more like his mummy than you. if he isn't then god help him.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Sorry PaulyDB but your attitude sucks. You haven't contributed to this forum in any way other than to use it as your personal shop. When people "dare" to question some of the items you have for sale you completely over-react and start ranting at them.

Personal abuse isn't tolerated on this forum - please see the registration agreement that you accepted when you signed up and also the acceptable use policy.

Oh and yeah, anyone who likes Roy "Chubby" Brown has to be a bit of a plonker.

Consider this a warning, any further tantrums or abuse will get you banned. Thanks.

PaulyDB

• player
hmm over reacting after being called a thief and having people saying that I am selling stolen items?
I do class that as personal abuse which you say isn't tolerated in this forum, so others are allowed to direct their abuse at me, that is just fine and no one bats an eye lid, but any abuse coming from me isn't tolerated?
the same rules should apply to all not just me.
I have had personal abuse thrown at me so I saw no harm in throwing the same abuse back.

has everyone who has hurled personal abuse at me been sent a warning too and told they will be banned if their abuse continues? I certainly hope so.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
well not that it makes any difference but I have been a regular climber/boulderer for the last 4 years.
as most of the people who post on here and ukc too for that matter no longer climb anyway or climb very little and yet still class them selves as climbers/boulderers I do understand why you are asking how much I climb.
and to answer that I climb several times a week every week, and I have done for the last 4 years.
is that enough for you?

You've missed the point, its not about how much you climb, its about engendering friendship/familiarity with others in this forum.  This isn't ebay where people just pop in to see what is being sold/sell stuff it primarily about talking bullshit, discussing climbing or bouldering, eruopean trips  and most importantly posting links of DFBWGC.

Yes there is a for sale/wanted sub-section, but you'd have more success if you were more familiar with regulars here, hence the suspicion. 

This isn't fleabay.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:10:07 pm by slack---line »

PaulyDB

• player
it still doesn't excuse the way people have spoken to me and the things they have said about the items I have for sale. there certainly isn't any friendship is there.

your very right, this isn't ebay.
if I listed my items for sale on ebay I wouldn't get the abuse I have on here and comments from sloper and others saying that I am just using the site to sell items I have stolen.

hence the reason I reacted the way I did.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
hmm over reacting after being called a thief and having people saying that I am selling stolen items?
Has anyone called you a thief? I didn't see it if they did.

You do seem to have a never ending array of items for sale. The comments on being a fence started off as a gentle pisstake. If you participated in the forums other than just using it as an ebay alternative then you'd realise that. You're the one who decided to spit out your dummy.

Personally I do find it hard to believe one person has such a vast quantity of "only used once", etc gear tbh but I'm not sure what your real situation is. I'm certain that it's not all your kit though as you've tried to sell clothing in sizes small, medium, large and XXL - all yours? Please!

I do class that as personal abuse which you say isn't tolerated in this forum, so others are allowed to direct their abuse at me, that is just fine and no one bats an eye lid, but any abuse coming from me isn't tolerated?
Sorry that's not how it works here - what's considered personal abuse is swearing/name calling/threats/etc...so in answer to your question, no, nobody else has been warned.

PaulyDB

• player
I have been accused of selling stolen items, I would only have stolen items if I was a thief and I had actually stolen the items I am selling.
people calling me fence wasn't just a gentle piss take, I don't class people calling me a thief and accusing me of selling stolen items as being gentle banter.
the reason the shirts I was selling were in different sizes was because I have grown out of certain things, the small shirt I bought was only worn once, by the time I came to wear it again it was to small for me, the same goes for the medium shirts, no XXL there I'm afraid, so yes all the kit I am selling is mine.

I'm not the only one who has been swearing, check out philo's post on this thread, he was the first to swear not me. read back and check if you don't believe me. others have been swearing and calling me names which is why I replied to them in the same way so they should be warned too, I didn't start the swearing or the name calling, I am not a thief I have not stolen any of the items I have listed for sale and I am not going to just sit back and let people accuse me of the things they have speak to me the way they have without saying something in return. I very much doubt it if any of the spineless scum would give out the same abuse and say the same things to me were we having a conversation face to face, but that's just the way of the Internet I guess.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
I believe that I was the first person to use the F word in relation to PaulyDB.

I did intend this as a gentle piss take - what with all his posts being about selling a variety of barely used items. I was just after a cheap laugh as usual and had assumed that plenty of others had noticed that PDB's posts all seemed to be about selling stuff and not about bouldering or beer (understand that you don't drink and that's fine) or food or training or whatever else people use this forum for. I didn't phrase it in an offensive way.

I don't think PaulyDB is a thief/fence, but I'd be more than happy to continue to joke about this in a face to face meeting. Chances are that we will meet at the crag at some point and I'm easy to spot identify (fat, bald, looks like the bloke off youtube with the same username)

I do think that Pauly has reacted badly, but I also think that he has been given more abuse than he deserves (I await my puntering).

Give the man a break, he's done a reasonable job of sticking up for himself and Sloper has been a right front bottom (as he is wont to be)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
I have been accused of selling stolen items, I would only have stolen items if I was a thief and I had actually stolen the items I am selling.
Maybe look up the meaning of "fence".

the reason the shirts I was selling were in different sizes was because I have grown out of certain things, the small shirt I bought was only worn once, by the time I came to wear it again it was to small for me, the same goes for the medium shirts, no XXL there I'm afraid, so yes all the kit I am selling is mine.
Ummm, ok. You must grow very fast.

1x black long sleeve north face t shirt size small with large north face logo, hardly worn. £5 plus postage.

1x dark red prana t shirt size medium with large prana logo on back, used but in very good condition, £5 plus postage.

3x onsite t shirts in large size, they have never been worn. £5 each plus postage.
3x moon t shirts in large size, one with crimper logo, one with hard grit logo and one with 8b logo, all hardly worn. £5 each plus postage.

Yamaha R1 leather motorbike jacket: the jacket is size XXL and is red black and white in colour and was originally bought for £150.

Anyway, bottom line is, please go and sell on ukclimbing.com / ebay / somewhere else.

PaulyDB

• player
thankyou
I never said that everyone had been abusive or offensive, only some have but even that is bad enough.
it doesn't really matter that I don't interact with people in other forums on this site, I did nothing to deserve the abuse I have received recently and I see no reason for people to direct all their anger and abuse at me in the way they have.
I had hoped over the course of time that I might get a chance to meet some of the members of ukc and ukb but after seeing the way most people react to new or different people or people that have different views than they do I think it would make for a very awkward and nasty situation.
the people on here might be really nice if you get them away from the forums but if I was to meet any of them I wouldn't be able to forget all the abuse I had taken from them.

to bubba: the bike jacket is that size for a reason, so it actually offers some comfort as well as protection while riding.

the only reason me selling things on here has become an issue is because so many people have said the things they have to me and I refuse to be spoken to in that way as would a lot of people.
people list things for sale on here all the time and they don't have the doubts from others as to if the items are actually theirs to sell in the first place, neither do they get all the abuse and name calling I have.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
You can't argue with
     a. facts
     b. the administrator

:lol:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
If you don't like a bad review of something you like then really it's just tough - welcome to the internet where people tend to disagree with each other.

As per above, why not try walking into a pub in a city you don't know/where you aren't known and try selling your stuff there.  See what sort of response you get and the opinion people form of the origin of your goods.

PaulyDB

• player
ok so what do I have to do to prove to people that I am a genuine honest person and I am selling items that have been purchased legally by me and not items that have been stolen as some people have accused me of doing?

nik at work

• forum hero
Essentially you can't prove these goods are legally purchased by you. Equally Sloper (or anybody else) can't prove that they are not. That's not really the issue. The fact is you have started posting on this site just to sell items, which is not the point of the forum (just a little side feature for regular users really). If you had a history of posting valid opinion and comment on the forum, whilst presenting an appropriately light-hearted and amusing style then you're attempts to sell items would have a more reasonable provenance. I imagine you'd still have faced the good humoured comments (Paul the fence etc) but as a regular user of the site you would have realised that these comments were meant in jest. As such you would have responded in an appropriate fashion and that would have been that. Instead, as you are not au fait with the posting "style" of the forum, your response was aggressive and inappropriate. Another benefit of establishing yourself as a forum user before selling items is that you would have rapidly realised that trying to sell Roy Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson DVD's here would be unlikely to yield anything but piss-taking. You might find them funny, but most (all?) people here don't appreciate that "humour".
At the end of the day you want to sell the items, you're not doing us all a favour you're trying to get some money. There is no reason for anybody here to trust you, I'm not accusing you of dishonesty or stealing or being a fence or anything else, it's just you are a complete unknown.
Try ebay?

tomtom

• forum hero
Essentially you can't prove these goods are legally purchased by you. Equally Sloper (or anybody else) can't prove that they are not. That's not really the issue. The fact is you have started posting on this site just to sell items, which is not the point of the forum (just a little side feature for regular users really). If you had a history of posting valid opinion and comment on the forum, whilst presenting an appropriately light-hearted and amusing style then you're attempts to sell items would have a more reasonable provenance. I imagine you'd still have faced the good humoured comments (Paul the fence etc) but as a regular user of the site you would have realised that these comments were meant in jest. As such you would have responded in an appropriate fashion and that would have been that. Instead, as you are not au fait with the posting "style" of the forum, your response was aggressive and inappropriate. Another benefit of establishing yourself as a forum user before selling items is that you would have rapidly realised that trying to sell Roy Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson DVD's here would be unlikely to yield anything but piss-taking. You might find them funny, but most (all?) people here don't appreciate that "humour".
At the end of the day you want to sell the items, you're not doing us all a favour you're trying to get some money. There is no reason for anybody here to trust you, I'm not accusing you of dishonesty or stealing or being a fence or anything else, it's just you are a complete unknown.
Try ebay?

Spot on Nik.
 :agree:
Just put them on ebay... like Nik said, the sales part of this website is just a convenient extra rather than its purpose. and Mod, can we get this thread moved to the shit heap??

PaulyDB

• player
the only reason my response was aggressive and inappropriate was because of the way I was spoken to and the abuse that had been thrown my way when I had done nothing to deserve it. there is no way I am going to sit back and allow myself to be spoken to in that way when I have done nothing wrong.
I said nothing nasty or horrible or abusive when I listed my items for sale, after I managed to sell a couple of items I was met by a wave of abusive and hurtful comments which I really feel I didn't deserve.
after the abuse I have received just in this one forum alone, I can't imagine that the other forums on this site would be any different.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
the only reason my response was aggressive and inappropriate was because of the way I was spoken to and the abuse that had been thrown my way when I had done nothing to deserve it. there is no way I am going to sit back and allow myself to be spoken to in that way when I have done nothing wrong.
I said nothing nasty or horrible or abusive when I listed my items for sale, after I managed to sell a couple of items I was met by a wave of abusive and hurtful comments which I really feel I didn't deserve.

What you have or haven't said is completely irrelevant as I've been trying to point out through my poor pub analogy, but nik his summarised with far greater clarity than I've been able to.

PaulyDB

• player
someone has already contacted me asking to buy the harness anyway so this thread is of no further use to me.
you can all continue to talk among yourselves though if you like.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Inadvertently, you've probably given birth to a sticky.

Sloper

• forum hero
Good because I do think you're a thief / handler of stolen goods.

The reasons are,

1. you have been unable to offer any explanation as to why you bought the stuff you're flogging

2. you've tried to flog a lot in a short space of time without explanation

3. you've tried flogging clothes from small to XL

4. it appers that you created two new characters to make enquiries about the gear to add a veil of respectability (of course two new people might have registered and made their first posts on your threads)

5. your response to the mild banter (if you think I was being abusive you should try me in the flesh) suggested a guilty attitude.

For many years I was responsible for conducting investigations, often involving fraud and you me duck, stink.

Climbers have always been trustful types as we don't want to have to carry everything when we're on the lead, redpoint attempt etc which is one of the reasons that thieves are so despised: they breach the common bond of trust.

So in short, go away and die quietly.

PaulyDB

• player
all joking aside I have never stolen a single thing in my life.

1. I bought the items I am selling over a period of time, some of which I haven't used for a while so I may as well sell them.

2. I have recently been put out of work and in my spare time while looking for work I decided to have a clear out.

3. I forgot to mention that the small shirt was quite a big shirt even though it was labeled as small, some clothing sizes vary depending on the make, a small prana shirt would be smaller than a small TNF shirt.

4. I haven't created any new characters.

5. I responded with abuse after I received abuse from others such as yourself. I was as polite as I could be when I started my posts and then people started throwing abuse at me so I hit back in the same way.

I am trustful and I am not a thief.
think what you like old man.
so in short, you go away and die quietly.

I wouldn't want to meet you in the flesh thankyou very much.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Ok, enough of this - locked.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal