UKBouldering.com

TV/iplayer must watches (Read 428782 times)

UnkArl

• player
#925 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
January 16, 2020, 08:31:23 pm
“Don’t F*ck With Cats” - Netflix. Binged all three episodes, found it gripping.

tomtom

• forum hero
#926 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
January 16, 2020, 09:06:52 pm

I got as far as 1/3 way through episode 2 and gave up... I found everyone on there scary. The good and bad people! :D

Maybe that was the point!

tomtom

• forum hero
#927 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
January 23, 2020, 09:28:47 pm
Mr Robot is back. S4.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#928 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
January 24, 2020, 08:54:30 am
Just started Season 1, intriguing so far.

Just finished Carnival Row, enjoyably weird, gory and some characters. On Prime. Also finished Season 1 of The Preacher, really liked it, but not rushing into Series 2 just yet.

The Boys on Prime was really good too, a great twist on the usual superhero plotlines

tomtom

• forum hero
#929 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
January 24, 2020, 09:01:49 am
S1 is good. S2 gets really dark. S3 is less dark and a bit more Hollywood. S4 seems halfway between 2 and 3 so far.

(I like them all btw)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#930 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
January 24, 2020, 10:11:31 pm
Been enjoying Messiah on Netflix, worth watching

SamT

• forum hero
#931 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
January 26, 2020, 10:06:24 pm

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#932 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
February 07, 2020, 03:46:28 pm
Anyone seen “Pandemic” on Netflix?

Because, I wonder if anyone else ends up with the impression that Christians (of a certain stripe, at least) are the biggest threat to humanity today? Possibly greater than the diseases themselves...?

(Not an entirely serious comment.
Not entirely).

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#933 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
February 07, 2020, 04:06:09 pm
Except Mitt.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#934 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
February 07, 2020, 04:27:26 pm
Very good Storyville on iPlayer about the trial of Ratko Mladic. Fine even if you know very little about Srebenica. The insight into the loony Serbian nationalist mindset was the most disturbing takeaway. The whole series looks excellent; episodes on Tiananmen, Shah of Iran and a few others.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#935 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
February 07, 2020, 08:23:22 pm
Anyone seen “Pandemic” on Netflix?

Because, I wonder if anyone else ends up with the impression that Christians (of a certain stripe, at least) are the biggest threat to humanity today? Possibly greater than the diseases themselves...?

(Not an entirely serious comment.
Not entirely).

I should have mentioned, it’s not a drama.
It’s a six part documentary, which shows various Doctors/researchers actually engaged in Pandemic control, research or vaccine development. Worldwide.
It also looks at healthcare challenges in the rural USA and profiles some Anti-vax activists (in their own words andthey still look bad).

Surprisingly moving at times. The Swine Flu cases in India, the beleaguered teams working to deliver care to a violently opposed population, even as Ebola ravaged their communities.

First time I’ve ever bothered with a Netflix docu, since I expected it to pin all blame on ancient aliens or ghosts et al.

TobyD

• forum hero
#936 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
February 21, 2020, 12:28:33 pm
The David Baddiel documentary on the BBC about anti-Semitism is well worth watching. Pretty raw and honest, yet almost funny in places.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#937 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
February 21, 2020, 12:54:04 pm
Just finished "The Stranger" on Netflix - I was initially resistant, mainly my gut reaction to anything that is massively hyped (hence why I still haven't seen Breaking Bad).

However, it is decent - it's not Sopranos, but it's an engaging watch in a twisty / turny plot, well acted kind of way. There was also zero effort to keep things open at the end for a season 2, which is a huge bonus for me.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#938 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
February 28, 2020, 09:27:41 am

Finished this last night, brilliant stuff.

Also, goes without saying but the current series of Inside No.9 is on imperious form as usual. The contrast between the last 3 episodes couldn't be greater, all of them stellar in their way.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#939 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
March 23, 2020, 07:59:43 pm
Succession

Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned before.

I think this is the one of the best box set / US TV series ever made. I’d put it in my top 3 alongside The Wire and Deadwood.

Amazing cast, inc a magnificent Brian Cox, Jeremy Strong, Matthew Macfadyen (in a totally unexpected supporting role that he totally owns), Kieran Culkin (where has he been hiding all these years?), and Alan Ruck (who I’ve not seen since Ferris Bueller).

Unbelievably tight script by Jesse Armstrong (I know he has form (Peep Show, Fresh Meat, 4 Lions) but this is on another level) that has the most amazing density of soundbite genius:

“You don’t hear much about syphillis these days. Very much the MySpace of STDs.”

“This was supposed to be choreographed. That’s about as choreographed as a dog getting fucked on roller skates.”

“It smells like the cheesemonger died and left his dick in the brie.“

I’ve just watched season 1 again and if anything it gets better on a second viewing.

crzylgs

• stalker
#940 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
March 23, 2020, 09:07:19 pm
Succession

I’d put it in my top 3 alongside The Wire and Deadwood.

As a fan of both of those shows that is high praise - FWIW I'd place them both very highly in my all time list, but nothing tops The Sopranons. You have my interest!

Yossarian

• forum hero
#941 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
March 23, 2020, 09:17:04 pm
I have never seen The Sopranos - well, the odd episode but never started at the beginning so I never knew what was going on. I should give it a proper run...

Succession, for me, succeeds because it combines a devastating satire of media owners (the Murdochs if you like) with a script that’s just leagues above the competition...

crzylgs

• stalker
#942 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
March 23, 2020, 09:22:45 pm
I'd never heard of it but from your description it sounds like something I'd enjoy, so will hunt it down  :2thumbsup:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#943 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
March 23, 2020, 10:35:58 pm
BBC 4 are screening the four part documentary series on OJ Simpson again starting tonight.  Absolutely brilliant & one of the best documentaries I’ve ever watched. It’s about OJ of course, but also a history of modern America using him as a prism.  I can’t recommend it highly enough.

TobyD

• forum hero
#944 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
April 20, 2020, 08:43:52 am
Latest season of better call Saul is excellent, if you don't watch it yet, it's a good time to start!

Has anyone watched Ozark? Did you think it was any good?

andy popp

• forum hero
#945 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 06, 2020, 09:12:35 am

I watched about one and a half seasons. It's fun but it gets increasingly implausible (which it makes no bones about). If you can live with how ridiculous it is then it could be worth watching. Good cast.

TobyD

• forum hero
#946 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 06, 2020, 09:29:12 am

I watched about one and a half seasons. It's fun but it gets increasingly implausible (which it makes no bones about). If you can live with how ridiculous it is then it could be worth watching. Good cast.

Thanks Andy yes, I've watched a couple of episodes so far and it seems pretty good. 

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#947 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 06, 2020, 11:54:54 am
Mystery Road is a good Aussie detective series currently on iplayer. If you have seen Goldstone its the same detective as is in that.

As mentioned on other threads there is a good collection of Shakespeare on iplayer too currently.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#948 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 10, 2020, 12:46:46 pm
From Scotland With Love - Scottish film archive with words and music by King Creosote.  It's really good.

Plus a great documentary on the making of it Dreaming without Sleeping.

This was disturbing and riveting. Jonestown, Terror in the Jungle.  The story of Jim Jones in two parts.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#949 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 10, 2020, 04:46:35 pm
The Last Dance on Netflix. Tells the story of Michael Jordan’s last season for the Chicago Bulls and in the process the story of the Bulls in the 90s and in the process of that the story of pro basketball in the 90s, its most important decade.

One of the best sport documentaries I’ve seen.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal