UKBouldering.com

another pad thread (Read 4339 times)

Munkii

• stalker
another pad thread
August 07, 2009, 09:28:52 am
i know you get these threads a lot but i need some advice and reccomendations.

what is the cheapest website to buy the pod crash pad?

i have a budget of £100 or less and i need it to be a decent size and be in two sections as it is going to spend a lot of time folded up underneath my bed.

is the pod crash pad the best bet or is there another pad you would reccomend?

thanks

Scraggadoo

• addict
#1 Re: another pad thread
August 07, 2009, 09:53:53 am
i know you get these threads a lot but i need some advice and reccomendations.

People will be happy to help in this respect.

No offence, but damn, you lazy man!  Why expect us to do the legwork for you...?  Look at the usual shops, needlesport, outside, lakesclimber, the climber shop, there's loads more out there.

i have a budget of £100 or less and i need it to be a decent size and be in two sections as it is going to spend a lot of time folded up underneath my bed.

is the pod crash pad the best bet or is there another pad you would reccomend?

thanks

Others better to help in this respect because I have a DMM taco style pad and while it would fit under your bed, it wouldn't do the foam much good so opt for a foldable one.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2 Re: another pad thread
August 07, 2009, 10:07:10 am
http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16152&category_id=252

Even though they've increased the price by a tenner you still get £20 change from your £100.

tomtom

• forum hero
#3 Re: another pad thread
August 07, 2009, 12:45:17 pm
http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16152&category_id=252

Even though they've increased the price by a tenner you still get £20 change from your £100.

My aplkit Phud cover fell apart after 9-10 months (it was bought 2 years ago). However, I bought a replacement cover (£35) and the newer covers seem to be faring much better. Foam has gone a bit soft mind.

I also have a SNAP Calzone - and its a wee bit smaller than the Phud, but much better built, and has harder foam that seems to be lasting well... and has a grey camouflage pattern which cunningly makes it invisible from above at Cae Du...!

Thats just my experience..

You pays your money.....

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#4 Re: another pad thread
August 07, 2009, 01:00:20 pm

My aplkit Phud cover fell apart after 9-10 months (it was bought 2 years ago).  Foam has gone a bit soft mind.

You pays your money.....

Mine too.  Still usable as a second mat but did less than 12 months service as a first choice.  The rucsac style carriage loops also came adrift after about six months.

Paid double for a DMM Highball but it’s still going strong with no visible signs of wear.

To the OP, I noticed the small pod at £95 from Rockandrun but not sure whether there’s postage on top of that.

Munkii

• stalker
#5 Re: another pad thread
August 08, 2009, 09:21:08 am

No offence, but damn, you lazy man!  Why expect us to do the legwork for you...?  Look at the usual shops, needlesport, outside, lakesclimber, the climber shop, there's loads more out there.

i did a few googles but as you guys have probably had more experience buying things online (i'm too young for a credit card), i thought you would know cheaper/better sites.

in this link when it says phud + woomf £110, is it worth takig that offer? for an extra £30 getting another small pad?

thanks for the help guys, it's much appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 09:28:15 am by Munkii »

Plattsy

• forum hero
#6 Re: another pad thread
August 08, 2009, 09:27:10 am
in this link when it says phud + woomf £110, what does that mean?

Phud pad and Woomf pad for £110. Saving you £20 (Phud pad £80 + Woomf pad £50 = £130)

Munkii

• stalker
#7 Re: another pad thread
August 08, 2009, 09:29:23 am
^^ too quick for my edit. thanks anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal