UKBouldering.com

Fingerboard! (Read 1962 times)

adam_NE5

• regular
Fingerboard!
July 29, 2009, 06:00:46 pm
Hi people,

I'm thinking about putting up a fingerboard above my door but the wall above the door seems to be completely made of plasterboard!
I was wondering if any of you hardcore training fanatics/joinery experts could give me some advice on how best to get one up there in such a way that I don't just pull the wall down?

cheers
Adam

andybfreeman

• menacing presence
#1 Re: Fingerboard!
July 29, 2009, 06:22:45 pm
there will be some studs holding the plasterboard up and you'll need to screw a 3/4" ply board onto these and then mountthe fingerboard onto that. the training guide that came with my old metolius board included some more detailed instructions. I'm sure these are available on line somewhere and so :google: should help!

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Fingerboard!
July 29, 2009, 06:59:49 pm
there will be some studs holding the plasterboard up and you'll need to screw a 3/4" ply board onto these and then mountthe fingerboard onto that. the training guide that came with my old metolius board included some more detailed instructions. I'm sure these are available on line somewhere and so :google: should help!

Theres also some posts here on UKB for some cunning ways of getting a fingerboard to hang over a door frame - so it pulls sideways not down if that makes any sense. Anyway, have a good search and you should find some pictures/instructions... Even a portable one that can be positioned over any door IIRC.
T

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal