UKBouldering.com

Google Wave Sandbox (Read 1287 times)

Control freak

• forum abuser
    • nick fletcher photography
Google Wave Sandbox
July 27, 2009, 07:20:00 am
Has anyone else subscribed to the Google wave Sandbox? if you havent and you want a look then you can get access to a dev preview here

So whats it like - erm to be honest Im not sure... Ive been playing around with it for a couple of hours and it looks to me like a media rich msrg client where you can have lots of conversations going at once (tho I havent actually watched the google video from when they demoed it)

Yes its a unique colaboration tool in terms of presentation but then again theres lots of collaboration tools already out there. MSM, Groove, SharedView and no doubt a few others. Im not quite sure where this will fit into enterprise use tho Im sure it will get its followings in terms of the facebook etc faithful

What do you think?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Google Wave Sandbox
July 27, 2009, 10:09:00 am
Clocked this a while ago but as I've no inclination to develop anything didn't bother signing up.

Whilst there are indeed already lots of other things out there already, I think the point of Google Wave is that it pulls everything together (presumably easily?) into one place.

Will be keeping an eye on things though (maybe I should develop some sort of app and make my fortune, retire and climb full-time  :lol: :lol: :lol:).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal