UKBouldering.com

Second Hand Price Advice? Selling MTB (Read 4669 times)

Nigel

• forum hero
Second Hand Price Advice? Selling MTB
July 22, 2009, 07:36:59 pm
Hey MTB experts, I’m after some advice to do with second hand prices. I’ve got a 2nd hand Cannondale F2000 bike from about 2001-ish that I want to sell. I know very little about bikes, I only came into it as a friend gave it to me (ages ago) in lieu of a debt. I was going to eBay it, I just wondered if anyone could tell me roughly what its worth so I kno hat to expect? Its got XT running gear and V brakes, CODA hubs and headset, a Headshox thingy, Sachs gripshift gears. It has seen very very little use, its barely been ridden since new although it will need a bit of sprucing up since its been in storage for years - i.e. new tyres and a bit of a lube up. I'll try and get a picture up if I can.

On the other hand if one of you guys wants to make me an offer it might make a bargain 2nd bike? Based in Nether Edge, Sheffield.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
There is a search function on fleabay where you can see history of how much similar things have sold for isn't there? Otherwise I have no idea other than that you will get less than you expect.

webbo

• forum hero
i was going to tell you the same as chris i.e. it will be worth a lot more than you will get for it.there comes a point with bikes when they are a certain age depite what condition they are in.you just don't get much for them.i'm sure i heard once that as soon as a bike has left the shop it loses a third of its value.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
i'm sure i heard once that as soon as a bike has left the shop it loses a third of its value.

This is also true of new cars.

SA Chris

• forum hero
and ones that have been rolled down hills!

Nigel

• forum hero
Cheers for that Chris, I’ll have a look at that feature on eBay. Thinking about it in view of what you've all said, I’m not really that desperate to sell it in a hurry so I might as well sell it privately in order to get better dollar for it. Is there a decent classifieds anywhere for bikes (like autotrader for cars?). Feel free to punter me if there is and its called biketrader (!), unfortunately I’m at work so can’t really surf for info. Cheers.

webbo

• forum hero
some of the bike mags have a classified section.

SA Chris

• forum hero

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
What colour is it Nige? Sorry to say sounds like its more like 1997/8 rather than 2001. F2000's from 1999 onwards had disc brakes.

fatkid2000

• junky
I've got some MTB bits for sale at the moment.

They are listed on the For Sale pages but for those that have not read those - I list them here. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

2009 model, Magura Thor 140 mm All Mountain Forks. Had around 6 months riding - I think they cost around £550 new - I'd take £250 ono.

Spesh Rockhopper frame - it was my Dad's I think its roughly from around 1987/88. The frame is in good condition - I just can't be bothered and don't have the time to renovate it. Make me an offer - I just want it out of the garage.
GT Avalanche - circa: 1992/92 - the bike is complete in reasonable nick - needs some work doing: again make me an offer.

clm

• forum hero
Go on retrobike - loads of peeps on there like old shit

Nigel

• forum hero
What colour is it Nige? Sorry to say sounds like its more like 1997/8 rather than 2001. F2000's from 1999 onwards had disc brakes.

Its red. Yeah maybe it is from then, I haven't a clue and the guy who gave it me was full of shit so you're prob right. A quick google now I'm not in work seems to confirm this. Cheers for that. Think I'll rattle up an ad and put in on here and in Sheffield walls at first, its the easiest way to begin with.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero

This one?

If so it might be old enough to get a decent price for it's retro-ness! It does look rather cool.

Nigel

• forum hero

This one?

If so it might be old enough to get a decent price for it's retro-ness! It does look rather cool.

That's the fella! Maybe I'll have a look at this retor bike thing too then. Thanks for the help chaps.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal