UKBouldering.com

SPA..... (Read 1893 times)

chriss

• obsessive maniac
SPA.....
July 14, 2009, 10:02:31 am
Ok not really a UKB question granted, but I'm not turning to the darkside of UKC!
Did the OLD SPSA training years ago, but never finished it off, following redundancy thought I would do finish it off, question is is it worth re doing the training or just hit the assessment? If so anyone know a good trainer/ assessor?
Apologies for this being a non UKB question..

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives
#1 Re: SPA.....
July 14, 2009, 10:09:19 am
maybe do a refresher with some1 who's quite experienced with groups.
if i remember rightly you have to have led over 40-50 routes severe or above and have led/assisted in groups climbing sessions.
if you have and confident, go for the assessment but spend a solid week practicing ropework etc with a mate who's experienced at checking for any mistakes

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#2 Re: SPA.....
July 16, 2009, 11:46:55 pm
anyone know a good trainer/ assessor?

Bryn Williams is a nice guy, as is Phill George. Both North Wales-centric I believe

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#3 Re: SPA.....
July 17, 2009, 01:36:34 am
I think its more like 15 leads. I think if you've been leading trad at that sort of standard and above then you should be fine. Probs best to do a quick refresher so you can see what an assessor wants to see.

I'll see your Bryn and Phill and raise you a Dave Hooper although I think he's on expedition in Ghana at the mo.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal