UKBouldering.com

Anasazi's (Read 7684 times)

clgladiator

• menacing presence
  • a deceptively
    • Climbing Photography
Anasazi's
July 11, 2009, 11:43:21 pm
Do anyones anasazi's actually fit them properly? I'm going to need a new pair of shoes soon and have been really impressed with my current pair of anasazi's apart from the terribly fitting heel, it almost came off my foot the other day in the middle of a heel hook due to the amount of empty space in the heel. Am i just wearing them too big? (they are 1.5 sizes smaller than my regular shoe size). Or are they just shit for heel fitting?

Duma

• forum hero
#1 Re: Anasazi's
July 12, 2009, 12:28:40 am
Or are they just shit for heel fitting?

etjoset

• addict
  • Twiddle that knob
#2 Re: Anasazi's
July 12, 2009, 01:03:05 am
I had about ten pairs of Pinks and the heels were always poor but I put up with it because the rest of the shoe was so good. More recently I've had three pairs of Greens and although these fitted me better around the heel, they were still not great. However, for me, the heel on the Whites is really good and has no dead space at all - better than any other climbing shoe I've ever worn including Dragons, which others seem to rave about for heels. This is just what I find; I know that many others still find the heel on the Whites mediocre at best for them. I guess it depends a lot on foot shape. My shoe size is 8; I was 7 in the Pinks, 6.5 in the Greens and I've moved to 6 in the Whites. The heel only really starts to work properly when they are tight. 5.10 sizings are all over the place.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#3 Re: Anasazi's
July 12, 2009, 01:18:35 am
I had about ten pairs of Pinks and the heels were always poor but I put up with it because the rest of the shoe was so good....5.10 sizings are all over the place.

I think those two statements could well go down as UKB understatement of the week!

psychomansam

• forum hero
#4 Re: Anasazi's
July 12, 2009, 03:46:02 pm
just bought a pair of whites sz 10, was expecting them to be too small, as i usually go for 45/10.5 (i'm a sz 12 shoe), but they seem to fit really nice, and while the heel isn't the best fit, it's tight enough that it fits pretty well, and better than my stix. Mind you I've only tried them on, not on rock, but seem v comfortable all round

Think i'm gonna sell them tho as lacking money and own 6 pairs or rock shoes currently... evil ebay/ukc!
 :oops:

PaulyDB

• player
#5 Re: Anasazi's
September 21, 2009, 02:21:43 am
I changed to the verdes from the old 5.10 Velcros last year and I will never climb in anything else.
I liked the verdes so much that when I heard a rumour that 5.10 were going to stop making them I went out and bought a second pair that as of yet I haven't touched. my current pair have lasted very well, even though the edges are now slightly rounded they still perform better than anything I wore before.

as for the fit they fit me like a glove. I went down from a size 10.5 in the old Velcros to a 8.5 in the verdes.
there is no dead space anywhere even in the heel, in fact if I don't cut my toenails often enough then they are painful to wear. I did try a few pairs of dragons on a few months ago and they feel terrible, how on earth anyone can wear them for any length of time is beyond me, you would be to concerned with the pain in your feet while climbing to think about anything else. they certainly aren't comfortable and I don't think it's something I would get used to. I had to go up to a size 11 in the dragons before I could even get my toes in them let alone the rest of my foot.
so for me it's the verdes all the way and they fit me perfectly.

Wipey Why

• forum hero
#6 Re: Anasazi's
September 30, 2009, 01:33:42 pm
I had a pair of pinks originally, then moved onto the V2 (Whites) and currently own a pair of the Verdes (Greens). The heel is better on the Whites simply because the band around it is stiffer then the Greens and consequently less slip in the heel.  The Whites are also stiffer than the Greens. I would say that the Greens stretch a little more than the Whites and are marginally more comfortable, but then that depends on how small you buy them.

tallsop

• addict
#7 Re: Anasazi's
October 19, 2009, 10:17:06 pm
had the same heel problem with my anasazi velcros, never had that problem with the verdes. i fit mine 2 sizes down from my street shoe. velcros are proper shit for heel hooking, id go wi the lace ups everyday.

psychomansam

• forum hero
#8 Re: Anasazi's
October 20, 2009, 06:38:24 pm
sad but true. my velcros have now stretched so much i can't even perform the few measly heel-hooks i used to be able to!

cofe

• forum hero
#9 Re: Anasazi's
October 20, 2009, 06:46:35 pm
heels are pretty shoddy on my whites. i'd wager the pinks were better.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#10 Re: Anasazi's
October 21, 2009, 05:21:34 pm
I love the greens, despite being lace up. heels only slight improvement on velcros

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#11 Re: Anasazi's
October 21, 2009, 08:02:13 pm
I found the heels on the greens shite compared to the pinks. If you're careful when breaking them in you can avoid the big lump forming at the back, and I have found the small air gap useful on many smeary heel holds. The only hold that I've found the green heels useful on was the starting flake on Octopussy (when doing it the non spanny way).

tallsop

• addict
#12 Re: Anasazi's
October 22, 2009, 03:43:49 pm
Ive only been usin the verdes for a couple of years basically cos i didnt  realise  i could fit into 5.10 UK 12's (Im size 14 in regular shoes!) an ive  been puttinn up with shite  big shoes for ages, so im not really aware of other shoes with better heels than anasazis. but i reckon the  heels on my greens are shit hot. whilst boulderin in my velcro's, the heel actually came off!! (of course i paused mid-crux an pulled it back on  :dance1:) So, what is the best heel on a shoe???? :off:

BTW - ''SIZE 14!???'' i hear you say???..........yes, my socks are massive..........

Wipey Why

• forum hero
#13 Re: Anasazi's
November 22, 2009, 10:54:51 pm
I have just retired a pair of greens. I found the heel was great if you were actually hooking it around a decent sized hold, the shoe would deform around it and keep you on. However, when you are trying to hook on small or smoother holds (like most heel hooks outside) the dead space really doesn't help in the slightest.

clgladiator

• menacing presence
  • a deceptively
    • Climbing Photography
#14 Re: Anasazi's
November 23, 2009, 09:14:49 am
I have since got some greens, and after trying on almost every shoe in the shop found that they fitted me best (apparently i have a very shallow heel). The heel I think is pretty awesome, though I am wearing them 2 sizes smaller than my street shoe size  :boohoo:

benj_d

• menacing presence
#15 Re: Anasazi's
November 29, 2009, 10:39:28 pm
I have 2 pairs of pinks. One size 9 and the other 8.5, the heel is very weird on the 9's and is really baggy yet the front part of each pair fit just the same, the 8.5's still have a slightly funny heel but still a great pair of shoes. so the 9's get used indoor and the 8.5's get used out.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal