UKBouldering.com

Balls to the Aussies the cricket thread (Read 361901 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
The Aussie coaches/media/fans plan to wind Broad up so that he bowls more aggressively is paying off nicely so far.

Oh and how many times does he have to get Clarke before we start mentioning the word bunny?

tomtom

• forum hero
#976 Balls to the Aussies the cricket thread
November 21, 2013, 08:36:40 pm
Broad called him bunny in the post match press conf ;)

rich d

• forum hero
And turned up to the press conference carrying a copy of the brisbane courier mail.

Dolly

• forum hero
Is anyone watching it now ?
Chris Tremlett is absolutely fucking massive -  like a proper giant with massive hands talking to tiny dwarf presenters with their little tiny pretend mics. Nasser Hussain is 5 11 same size as me and looks like Gimli next to him

rich d

• forum hero
 :oops: Aussies all out now, talking the talk without walking the walk. Hopefully when I wake up for work, we'll still be batting with only a couple of wickets down

tomtom

• forum hero
#980 Balls to the Aussies the cricket thread
November 22, 2013, 05:36:50 am
Different type of oops now... I assume most folk will have got up and switched on the radio before UKB - but in case you havnt.. go and switch on the radio :(

andybfreeman

• menacing presence
Having had an amazing day at the test yesterday I was feeling quite smug in my dealings with my covict colleagues...

But then, I boarded a plane with the score at 60 odd for 2 and arrived back in Brisbane with us 9 down  :o :'(

I have tickets for Sunday but at this rate, unless the weather intervenes, there won't be any cricket

rich d

• forum hero
It's like waking up in the 90s or 80s. Went to bed feeling confident, woke up confused and then depressed and fed up. Going to need a miracle to avoid a defeat.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Raf put the tv on this morning, came into the kitchen and told me Australia were batting. I thought he was joking.  :o

What is it about the Gabba?

rich d

• forum hero
Raf put the tv on this morning, came into the kitchen and told me Australia were batting. I thought he was joking.  :o

What is it about England in the first innings in the first test of a series?

there you go Jasper corrected that for you.
I'm off to pray at the shrine of close scrapes (Trent Bridge) on the way home tonight.

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
 :tumble:

:jab:

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
short of build a five foot high wall in front of each set of stumps I'm not sure what the game plan could be now

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Well and truly getting  :spank:. The way trott has been getting out in a flurry of calamitous batting is a bit worrying (much like the last series).

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
:tumble:

:jab:

Wondered where you were...  ;)

Michael Vaughan made a good point towards the end of the TMS broadcast this morning - all of these technical flaws etc. were present during the Ashes earlier this year and even before then but the fact that we won 3-0 papered over an awful lot of cracks at the time. Pretty sure that Trott has been receiving extensive coaching to try and correct the flaws that he has against proper quick bowling since the Ashes as well not that it seems to have done an awful lot... 

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
 :o ....... Johnson's on fire ........ I thought that England might get beaten at the Gabba, but this is a massacre ........

rich d

• forum hero
Got proper done over. Interesting to see if England can even make a contest of it? On this test's performance we will get absolutely spanked. On paper we should still be the better side, unfortunately cricket's played on grass.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
The pitch in Adelaide is a drop in pitch and usually slow according to what I have read so at least we have a half chance of getting a draw there. Then it is off to Perth where it really is quick and bouncy so Trott and a few others will be hoping that Mitch's radar has recalibrated itself by then...

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
Got proper done over. Interesting to see if England can even make a contest of it? On this test's performance we will get absolutely spanked. On paper we should still be the better side, unfortunately cricket's played on grass.

They just need to man up a bit ....... Sounded like they were scared of Johnstone's  ...... And once a fast bowler gets even a whiff of fear .........

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Then it is off to Perth where it really is quick and bouncy so Trott and a few others will be hoping that Mitch's radar has recalibrated itself by then...

Well Trott won't care - he's buggered off, suffering from a stress related somethingorother

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
The day ended reasonable in the end. It could of been a lot worse.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Or a lot better had Monty and particularly Carbs held onto those catches.  :wall: (Not mentioning the Root one as that was a really difficult chance).

I'm now fucking knackered after Sharpe jnr woke me up at quarter to six to watch the final session. My fault entirely for getting him into it......  :yawn:

rich d

• forum hero
Honours even. If we'd have hung onto two of those chances. Clarke worries me, as does our potential first innings score. We could lose the ashes tomorrow in a session. 

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
I'm not too confident in our batting depth. Hopefully we won't rue carberry dropping haddin too much!

JackAus

• junky
We could lose the ashes tomorrow in a session.

Fingers crossed! :2thumbsup:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'm not too confident in our batting depth. Hopefully we won't rue carberry dropping haddin too much!

I bloody knew he was going to get a big score.

Here we go again......

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal