UKBouldering.com

Balls to the Aussies the cricket thread (Read 362677 times)

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
Atherton reckon we'll bat until nearly tea so we can to get a lead of 500 plus so we've got a good 2 and a Bit days to get em out...

...of which they'll need less than three sessions if recent form is any indication! ::)

Hang on, just realized that England are all out for 513 so it's 8 sessions to save the game and/or 400+ just to make England bat again ......my above statement still stands then.

rich d

• forum hero
Aus 169 for 6, punter only made 20. Absolute class

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
Australia only need 246 to catch us up ..... Be nice to see them do it ........

Bobling

• menacing presence
They're coming home, they're coming home, they're coming, Ashes coming home!  :great:  What I would give to get to the G and hear the Barmy Army roaring away, it was loud enough in 2005/6 when we were there and getting hammered, I imagine there's going to be a lot of Poms making their way from the furthest corners of Victoria.

Shame to see Punter having such a hard time, he's been such a brilliant cricketer over the years.

Dolly

• forum hero
They're coming home, they're coming home, they're coming, Ashes coming home!  :great:  What I would give to get to the G and hear the Barmy Army roaring away, it was loud enough in 2005/6 when we were there and getting hammered, I imagine there's going to be a lot of Poms making their way from the furthest corners of Victoria.

Shame to see Punter having such a hard time, he's been such a brilliant cricketer over the years.

He is undoubtedly a great cricketer but he's not exactly gracious in defeat or competition is he ? In sharp contrast to Haddin who made a point of shaking Trotts hand at the close of play yesterday.
Live by the sword ...
Bottle of The Wine Society Old Vine Zinfandel open, duvet on the settee, I'm really looking forward to the next couple of hours  :)

rich d

• forum hero
First wicket of the day down in only the second over. Can of lager in hand, day off work tomorrow, tms on radio and the ashes retained.

andy_e

• forum hero
Similar, quality!

DaveC

• junky
OK, for what it's worth I do hope our lot don't manage to draw the series in Sydney, there is no way that England don't deserve an outright win on the back of their preparation and general approach to this series. There have been two occasions when any of the last 5 sides to visit here would have mentally collapsed and given Australia a decisive edge - after their first innings batting in Brisbane and then after the Perth test - but instead they raised their game and shrugged off the home side with considerable aplomb! Strauss and Flower stand comparison with the Border/Simpson combination that led Australia out of the mid-80s depression IMO.  :bow:

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Punter is out for the last test, will he play again?

Bobling

• menacing presence
What a difference a series makes!  Doesn't this seem like an age ago "dont forget to pack the urn" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11650729?  I'm suprised that Clarke has got the captaincy. He has seemed as lacklustre as Ricky for most of the series, though maybe Cricket Australia are puntering Punter for his hissy fit in the last test.   Whatever Punter's departure must mark the end of an era for the Aussies, time for them to rebuild. And who on earth is his replacement?  I would have expected Phil Jacques or someone.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:31:18 am by Bobling »

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Punter is out for the last test, will he play again?

Is this the same finger injury he had before the previous test?  Or is it too bad to play all of a sudden?

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Class little thought from the Mash "Meanwhile Australians are today facing up to the harsh reality that if they are no longer any good at sport they may be forced to develop some sort of culture."

DaveC

• junky
 :lol:
Just showed that to the mrs (English, public school educated, graduate of St Martins College of the Arts) and her response was "FAT FUCKING CHANCE!!!"

I tell you, she may be a bit posh but she can hurl abuse with the best of them!

Bobling

• menacing presence
Watching the highlights of the first day of the SCG.  Seems we have good Mitchell this test  :devangel:.  Michael Clarke comes out to bat to boos - can an Aussie tell us what he did wrong apart from forget how to score runs?

Strange to think if the Aussies win this test the series will be 2-2 even though England have retained the Ashes and, according to popular opinion, have dominated the whole series.

Bobling

• menacing presence
*Posting error passing mod feel free to delete*

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Well I reckon that barring some kind of Bothamesque miracle the series win is in the bag.

Wow, who'd have thought 2 innings victories Down Under with the possibility of a third.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer
...and is there no end to Bell's brilliance......  :whistle:

DaveC

• junky
Well I reckon that barring some kind of Bothamesque miracle the series win is in the bag.

...and let's be frank, it's been well-deserved. I'll even throw in another  :bow: to emphasise the point.

Wow, who'd have thought 2 innings victories Down Under with the possibility of a third.

Enjoy it now because it get's boring after the first 15 years or so...... :P

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
...and is there no end to Bell's brilliance luck ......  :whistle:

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer
...and is there no end to Bell's brilliance luck ......  :whistle:

Indeed.  To coin a phrase, it was nearly Bell's end.......  ::)

I'm here all week....

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Fantastic once again!

Just a shame Cook didn't quite make it to a 2nd double hundred in the series, to be one of only 2 Englishmen to achieve the feat!

I think they need to let Prior/Bresnan/Swann smack it about and get them in after the morning session with a nice 250+ lead on the board!

rich d

• forum hero
I think we should make as many runs now as possible, supposed to be a sod to bat on, on the final day.

Control freak

• forum abuser
    • nick fletcher photography
Off to the SCG now to watch our boys crush  :thumbsup: - day 4 has started well

DaveC

• junky
... day 4 has started well

...and continued well right to the end from the look of it!!

Here's a good early piece on the truly dire condition of the national team:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2010-11/content/current/story/495622.html

Plattsy

• forum hero
Nervously watched the last few overs back 'home' after leaving the SGC early to get a ticket for tomorrow. What a fuck up that would've been if they'd finished it tonight. Can't wait for tomorrow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal