UKBouldering.com

Balls to the Aussies the cricket thread (Read 361865 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Bugger, woke up to watch bell and 3 tail enders to disappear for 5 or 6 runs............

Still its game on from the Aussies point of view...

Bobling

• menacing presence
Good to see Mitchell back in the team and having a bit of fun.
I didn't mean that much fun Mitchell  :-\

Sad to see Bell out like that...he must be kicking himself. 

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".

:whistle:

Bobling

• menacing presence
C'mon England to retain the Ashes!

Bobling

• menacing presence
Cook and Strauss gone - KP walks to the crease on a pair...Mitchell get's stuck into the Barmy Army...it's all happening!

rich d

• forum hero
KP off the mark at least - a 200 partnership would be nice.

Dolly

• forum hero
WE could do with these two just staying there really

robertostallioni

• forum hero
KP off the mark at least - a 200 partnership would be nice.

Bobling

• menacing presence
 :'(

rich d

• forum hero

DaveC

• junky
Sat down to have a look at the cricket this afternoon having missed the first hour and there's some Attenborough thing on! Found myself having a flashback to the 90s when this sort of thing happened all the time. Anyway, I still reckon the poms will retain the Ashes and quite possibly win the series - IMHO they still have the better and more consistent team, it's as much about having less weak links than the Australians as anything, but I'll still allow myself a minor celebration just this once...

PS Is it me or have Australia v England test series become just the most superb contests in recent years (2006-07 excepted.)

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Capitulation springs to mind as the word to describe the performance in this test - a truly awful show from England but it was lost as much as anything on the first day when we allowed the Aussies back in after having them at 69\5.

Having said that England have become a bad team overnight and overall they are the better team of the two from 1-11 as Dave points out. Also got to agree with Agger's assessment that Collingwood should be dropped for Bresnan - OK Collie took a blinder of a catch but looking back over the test as a whole I would rather have had a gritty fifty plus out of him.

PS Is it me or have Australia v England test series become just the most superb contests in recent years (2006-07 excepted.)

The Ashes have been rather good over the last few years (with the obvious exception as noted) and although it pains me slightly to admit it, it will probably be a better series overall with the win for the Aussies today.

DaveC

• junky
Well after Perth I thought maybe I was wrong about our cricket team over here but ....!
98 All Out and England 138-0, Adelaide service resumed...

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Been watching bits all night. The England seamers bowled fantastic.
Strays and cook are looking confident but the bowls are not threatening them. Saying that the spinner just bowled a couple of dangerous balls.

Come on England bring the ashes home

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
A good positive reaction after the last debacle, hopefully we can put a monsterous lead on the board and avoid having to bat again till the last test  :thumbsup:

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
 :dance1:   :dance1:  :dance1:  :dance1:  :dance1:

ksjs

• menacing presence
the only thing that will stop England retaining the Ashes now is a huge second innings effort from Aus where Ponting and Clarke score well overdue double centuries and then England get skittled out for a sub 100 score. or of course theres always the weather.

i just cant see it though: this series has had a ring of the end of an era for the Australians about it. bar Mitchell J's efforts last outing, Mike Hussey's spectacular form and not forgetting Siddle's hat-trick and of course Shane Watson's general solidity Australia have been dire. in fact not dissimilar to Pakistan's inability to find some discipline and consistency in their batting despite giftedness.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
I swear I woke up this morning and a cat was chasing a dog. What the heck is going on??

They've just replied a bit of Boyc's commentary after the end of the Aussie innings:

"...ohhh 98 all out, I feel so sorry for Australia - I'm wiping away the tears as I speak..."

Someone give that man a medal!

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
A good positive reaction after the last debacle, hopefully we can put a monsterous lead on the board and avoid having to bat again till the last test  :thumbsup:

444-5 ....... Looks like it's on the cards .....

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
ING GERLAND ING GERLAND ING GERLAND NAAAA NAAAA   

andy_e

• forum hero
Declare with a lead of 350 and embarrass them at the crease again, with the chance of maybe having to score a few ourselves? Or get a few more runs and finish them off?

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
declare as soon as its safe cause they will defo be playing for a draw

DaveC

• junky
Here's a tip: England will add a few quick runs to get 400 ahead his morning (it's Tuesday here) then go for the innings win inside three days - and I suspect they'll get it too! It would be well-deserved, particularly after Ponting's latest display of petulance. I almost get a perverse pleasure out of watching him getting his arse kicked these days.

Dolly

• forum hero
Atherton reckon we'll bat until nearly tea so we can to get a lead of 500 plus so we've got a good 2 and a Bit days to get em out

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal