UKBouldering.com

Balls to the Aussies the cricket thread (Read 362690 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/england-slightly-less-appalling-than-australia-200908242003/

Gor bless the daily mash  :lol: Right at the end this made me LOL.. "England's Ashes victory also topped-off an appalling week for Scotland, coming just 48 hours after the country was dubbed 'Colonel Gadaffi's rent boy'."

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Tim de Lisle posts yet another quality article.

Let's hope that no Aussie whingers read it because they will accuse us of having 14 men on the filed  ;)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
No directly related to the Ashes, but certainly about cricket.

Streaker gets taken out  :lol:

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Hope they take Rashid to SA. Boy in form.

Australia's great leg spinner thinks Rashid should go. Wish he had opined a bit more on this as it strikes me that this would not be a conventional bowling attack for the SA wickets which tend to encourage a more "English" bowling attack of four quicks and a spinner to support them.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
I have 2 spare tickets for Sunday's T20 v The Aussies, anyone interested

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
 :furious:

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
Well Jasper, are you still angry. Got to see 22 overs out of 40 played. No refunds and we got wet. And I am off there again tomorrow, I am a glutton for punishment.

Was quite good fun though, the crowd had obviously spent their Sunday lunchtime doing what Sunday lunchtimes are meant for ie drinking. I had a very loud pissed Geordie sat behind me, I enjoyed that banter. There was a big bunch of Aussies sat a few feet away and someone spotted a Merv Hughes lookalike "Fuck me it's Merv Hughes" went up. Only it was him. Pissed Geordies starts singing "Who's shagging yer missus" as this is what Merv used to sledge the batsmen on tour. Only problem was Merv's wife apparently died fairly recently. Whoops, big clanger. Geordie goes to apologise, Merv tells him to fuck off. Great fun

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#432 Re: Balls to the Aussies the cricket thread
September 19, 2009, 12:55:16 pm
anyone think you'll avoid 7-0 whitewash?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#434 Re: Balls to the Aussies the cricket thread
September 24, 2009, 10:58:17 am
How long before you are spotting JS Jnr and giving him bad beta, hoping he won't burn you off?

Great stuff.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#435 Re: Balls to the Aussies the cricket thread
September 24, 2009, 11:12:42 am
By about age 10 if he carries on being interested in it I reckon.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
Aussies look a bit panicky in the ODI  ;)

Bobling

• menacing presence
This bleeding country needs to grow a sense of humour:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11650729

:wank:

All together now!

Oh I’d rather be an Aussie than a Pom,
I’d rather be an Aussie than a Pom,
Oh I’d rather be an Aussie,
I’d rather be an Aussie,
I’d rather be an Aussie than a Pom!

*ducks in expectation of fierce puntering*

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Is oldfella still about? Usually appears out the woodwork at this time.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
This bleeding country Westminster Council needs to grow a sense of humour:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11650729

They don't represent the view of the nation I'm afraid.  In fact there's quite a proportion of the UK who couldn't give a shit about cricket.

Quite a funny stunt really, given the Ashes themselves never actually leave the MCC museum.  ::)

Bobling

• menacing presence
Watching the warm up match at Hobart vs Australia A.  The burning question before the off at the Gabba for the England selectors has got to be Pietersen.  Surely you can't pick him?

Bobling

• menacing presence
No comment, surely this must be a send up?

robertostallioni

• forum hero
You've got your own...
Australian Pride! :)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
In fact there's quite a proportion of the UK who couldn't give a shit about cricket.

You are correct but not many of them post on a thread about cricket :-)

I for one give a massive shit about cricket and in particular the Ashes and am expecting lots of stupidly late nights/early mornings over the next few months listening/watching the Ashes.

Anyway less of the sensible discussion and back to the ridiculously OTT Convict-baiting  ;) Looking forward to Punter being the first ever Convict captain to losing 3 out of 4 Ashes.

I reckon KP is worth keeping in as he is a wild card and the Convicts are genuinely scared of him. Remember the Oval in 2005.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I for one give a massive shit about cricket and in particular the Ashes and am expecting lots of stupidly late nights/early mornings over the next few months listening/watching the Ashes.
Me too I love cricket well test/county cricket not so much a fan of the one day or twenty/20.
I can't wait for the ashes to start. I will be spending most of my mornings at work watching the ball by ball updates from the BBC.

Its about time we did one over the convicts down there.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
ITV 4 have highlights every night at 10pm

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
In fact there's quite a proportion of the UK who couldn't give a shit about cricket.

You are correct but not many of them post on a thread about cricket :-)

I didn't give any indication as to whether I was or wasn't interested in cricket.  I like climbing but recognise that there is quite a proportion of the UK who couldn't give a shit about it.

I was correcting Boblings assertion that the whole country needs to get a sense of humour about the stunt by some Australians of projecting onto the houses of parliament.  Whilst it may have riled some ardent fans, it was Westminster Council who made an issue of it.  Regardless, non-cricket fans would have been indifferent and those fans who weren't riled by it likely found it amusing.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
ITV 4 have highlights every night at 10pm
I got sky sports :)
I get to enjoy Botham calling them convicts during the commentary. Warne complaining how shit the Aussies are and Nassar Hussain gettting the piss taken out of him constantly.

Bobling

• menacing presence
I do remember the Oval 2005, but reckon Eoin Morgan is the man to play that part this time round.  Keppers just looks completely out of form. 

Slackers - I realise it was just Westminster City Council, but was anticipating how the news would be received down under where they would not make such distinctions.  I was also a bit grumpy about being back in England (still am in fact).

On a side note what has happened to Mark Nicholas, has he gone native?   He does comentary on all Aussie matches it seems but only the England matches where we are playing Aussie.

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
Nicholas emigrated out here about the same time I moved back 5 years ago. He's got Benaud's old job heading up Channel 9's local coverage.

As far as this series goes, we're in fairly crappy shape now with pretty ordinary leadership, friction amongst some senior players (seems to be some opposition to the idea of Michael Clarke being the next captain - he's not all that popular by some accounts!) and not a lot of good form around - although Mitchell Johnson has 121 and 5-35 in his current Shield match and Hussey just notched up a century in the same game.

Your lot could help us out with a little Harmison-style homesickness and Pieterson could be the arrogant twat and get himself out a few times and we might just scrape a drawn series!

Pessimistic? Moi? :whistle:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal