UKBouldering.com

Boring a2 post (Read 2261 times)

Three Nine

• forum hero
Boring a2 post
July 02, 2009, 08:42:25 am
hi all,

i've been doing a bit on a board recently and have noticed a soreness i certain fingers if I press on the A2 area (along with a bit of stiffness first thing). It doesn't really hurt when climbing (even on a board). Is the pain on pressure diagnostic of minor a2 trauma or something else? Should I fret?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Boring a2 post
July 02, 2009, 09:01:14 am
Should I fret?

Yes, start fretting very hard, search through the forums for every single thread on A2 (and other) finger injuries, read them all in excruciating details and then start an ice routine, take it easy on the crimping and see a physio if it persists and you are still worried :P

erm, sam

• forum hero
#2 Re: Boring a2 post
July 02, 2009, 01:49:47 pm
The annoying thing about injuries in my experience is knowing that if only one had started taking it a bit easyer a bit sooner THERE WOULD BE NO INJURY. I think if you have any soreness that lasts more than a couple of session, or is becoming worse over a few sessions, then its time to think about what you are doing and how you can change it to give the injured area a bit of a change or a rest. Just a couple of weeks doing something different and it will prob go away and bingo, you can carry on.
Pretending it will go away by itself usually leads to INJURY.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal