UKBouldering.com

AutoCad punter needing advice (Read 1177 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
AutoCad punter needing advice
June 10, 2009, 07:18:25 pm
I've decided to get to grips with a few software packages I'll need to know and have just taken my first steps with AutoCad. I've found a few links to sites offering tutorials but as with every graphic software package it seems a bit of a minefield in ascertaining the best way to learn and through which source. I'm aware there's a good few people using it on here and wondered if you might be able to impart some advice in learning it for architectural drawing purposes. I've obtained a copy of the 2010 version which is free to students should this be of particular relevance. Any advice is much appreciated.

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...
#1 Re: AutoCad punter needing advice
June 20, 2009, 09:40:46 am
Some advice thats a more 'drawing style' would be to learn the key stroke commands as that can be faster than having every tab menu running down the screen.

Also lisp's are life savers and if you go on some autocad forums you'll probably find some really good ones probably for architectural use.

I use it for land/measured building surveying so could send you a floor plan to 'play' about with?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal