UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358247 times)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#4875 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 01, 2013, 04:38:33 pm
I appreciate you lumping in Rogers name FD, but I'll be amazed if Liverpool are vying for 4th!

I think after today, you might change your mind.  I think Reina going is going to make a big difference.  I had the match on the radio today and Liverpool really defended well in the second half.

Utd are turning into Everton Mk2.  They keep talking about signing a creative midfielder but I don't think they know how to play with one, leaving Kagawa on the bench today is a good example.  It's all cross the ball and rush the box. Fellaini will be brilliant for them (ha ha ha!).

City are playing crap at the moment, I keep coming on here moaning about tipp-tappy football and trying to walk the ball into the goal and it doesn't look like its changed yet under Pelligrini.  Our defence is woeful without Kompany, especially with Joe Hart not playing well at all.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#4876 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 01, 2013, 04:51:07 pm
It has been a great start to the season in terms of how our defence has looked well drilled and not likely to give away too many gifts.

I'll be a lot happier when we can look a bit more threatening going forwards through our own creative play as opposed to counter attacks after being under the cosh for the 3rd game in a row in the 2nd half!

Hopefully Spurs will need a bit more time to gel with all of the new players and Moyes can help create a dour new era at Utd! I haven't been massively impressed with any teams so far, so it could be quite an open season. I think the stability Wenger has at Arsenal could be in their favour this season.

Dr T

• forum hero
#4877 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 01, 2013, 05:58:31 pm
We're in fourth
one nil to the Arsenal
 :2thumbsup: :clap2: :2thumbsup:

tomtom

• forum hero
#4878 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 01, 2013, 06:09:45 pm
City are playing crap at the moment, I keep coming on here moaning about tipp-tappy football and trying to walk the ball into the goal and it doesn't look like its changed yet under Pelligrini.  Our defence is woeful without Kompany, especially with Joe Hart not playing well at all.

Was at the game yesterday and we (Hull City) were unlucky to lose 2:0.. it could easily have been 0:2 after 20 min... We actually got a fair showing on MOTD too... I think we have and will surprise a few people this season.

Good to see Sunderland self destructing, we need another team in the relegation pot... (sorry Graham..)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#4879 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 02, 2013, 01:34:40 pm
Fellaini will be brilliant for them (ha ha ha!).

:lol: Utd get Fellaini and Ozil goes to the gunners - brilliant!

Dr T

• forum hero
#4880 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 02, 2013, 05:05:36 pm
and Ozil goes to the gunners
Waiting with baited breath - will we catch Nemo??
only time will tell

tomtom

• forum hero
#4881 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 02, 2013, 07:45:53 pm
I'm glued to the telly, with twitter constantly uploading... I've become a transferdeadline junkie...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'm glued to the telly, with twitter constantly uploading... I've become a transferdeadline junkie...

JIM FUCKING WHITE!

What a load of wank. But it's great fun.

Ozil is a truly great signing for the arse but they still need a striker.....

tomtom

• forum hero
#4883 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 02, 2013, 08:31:04 pm
Watching the Shane Long situation unfold/implode (depending on what happens). No SSN here, 5live on the telly... quite good, pundits in the studio...

Dr T

• forum hero
#4884 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 02, 2013, 10:10:00 pm
10:09 and still trying to find Nemo.....
51 minutes to go
:please: :please: :please:

tomtom

• forum hero
#4885 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 02, 2013, 10:40:04 pm
He's yours... official.

Long saga carries on...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4886 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 03, 2013, 08:47:29 am
The Scum made a right balls up of deadline day. What a great week for them:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/03/manchester-united-marouane-fellaini-everton

:lol: :shit:

Snoops

• obsessive maniac
#4887 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 03, 2013, 10:24:36 am
I'm creaming myself about this season for the first time in years! Still would of liked a striker even a 10 pound bargain buy.
The Scum -  instead of investing some cash in a stadium  have gone gone all out - 110 million on a load of players nobody knows much about. If it doesn't  work that be the end of them for another 10 years :-)

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#4888 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 03, 2013, 07:30:15 pm
I'm creaming myself about this season for the first time in years! Still would of liked a striker even a 10 pound bargain buy.
The Scum -  instead of investing some cash in a stadium  have gone gone all out - 110 million on a load of players nobody knows much about. If it doesn't work that be the end of them for another 10 years :-)

I'm so with you.  If we can get a few back from injury, we have a hell of a squad.  A bit thin, but not terribly so.  Just quite a few out currently out with injuries.....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4889 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 03, 2013, 08:04:09 pm
Imagine the side Arsenal would have now if they'd not let Fabregas and RVP go.

Having said that, Ozil is one of the biggest coups ever by an English side imo. He's fucking class and only 24. Have noticed a lot of anger on various sites from Real fans who would have preferred to keep him rather than signing Bale. Understandable and says a lot.

Loan window open now and I'm hoping Brighton manage to pick up a surplus to requirements Premiership striker as cover til CMS is back. We successfully told Palace et al to fuck off re Bridcutt and Ulloa which is great but we're still woefully thin up front due to injuries....

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#4890 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 03, 2013, 08:22:01 pm
I'm impressed with the manner in which Wenger has behaved over the last three weeks after the grief he got from the press and Arsenal fans on opening day.  It's clear that he had this planned for some time and played it beautifully, gambling on a Champo's League place before going public.  Better than the laughing stock at Manure....  I went on Red Cafe last night and the place was in Meltdown.

This season's going to be a belter  :popcorn:  :bounce:

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#4891 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 04, 2013, 12:25:20 pm
Really pleased with EFC's dealings in the transfer window. First time in years when a) we've actually bought anyone of note and b) deadline day has been in any way interesting for us blue noses...

Glad to be rid of Fellaini (he was good but the Mancs are welcome to him, also, it means I can keep him in my FF team but now include Ross Barkley :)) delighted to have kept hold of Baines and very pleased with Lukaku AND McCarthy.

Just need a win in the Prem now to get our so far lacklustre season under way!

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#4892 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 05, 2013, 04:17:33 pm
It feels like EFC's flown under the radar a bit for the top clubs, but I see them being a very tough proposition.  It could take a bit for martinez to gel with the players though.....

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#4893 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 05, 2013, 05:22:19 pm
Glad I held off making any early transfers this week coming due to all the last minute spending. Ozil and lukaku are tempters but I already have 3 blue nose twats in the team and took lukaku out only last week  :slap:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4894 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 05, 2013, 08:11:32 pm
Due to being on holiday and then being stupidly busy because of being on holiday I completely forgot to enter a FF team.

So I'm now in, already 168 points down and still sticking to my "no players from The Scum" rule.

Not much hope for Man U Imposters FC and I just picked my team in about a minute. But I bet I still finish above tomtom.....

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#4895 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 05, 2013, 09:44:22 pm
Good to see another fellow no scum devotee!

tomtom

• forum hero
#4896 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 05, 2013, 10:33:00 pm
:p

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4897 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 12, 2013, 10:56:14 pm
Presume the lack of posts on here during the international break reflect a similar indifference amongst ukb football people to the way I feel about England these days.

Depressing really when I think about the total obsession I used to have with the national team. Some amazing nights, can't see them being replicated. Ever.

When the players seem to care more about $ than playing for England and the clubs control if they play or not it becomes a bit of a joke.

Just glad I'll always have Brighton to support. Thanks Tony Bloom I love you.

Snoops

• obsessive maniac
#4898 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 13, 2013, 10:54:27 am
Presume the lack of posts on here during the international break reflect a similar indifference amongst ukb football people to the way I feel about England these days.

Depressing really when I think about the total obsession I used to have with the national team. Some amazing nights, can't see them being replicated. Ever.

When the players seem to care more about $ than playing for England and the clubs control if they play or not it becomes a bit of a joke.

Couldn't agree more. Grew up with Internationals being or seeming amazing, butcher, gazza, lineker, adams. Its been getting slowly shitter and shitter. Started with Sven's 15 substitutions and went rapidly downhill.
Especially hard to get excited when the quality of football in the CL is so high. I would take a knockout CL match over any international these days. Its not England being crap that bothers me - its the games being dross.
Chuck a bit of Blatter/Corruption and Qatar in and I'm done with it.
Bring on CL.

rich d

• forum hero
#4899 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 13, 2013, 11:00:59 am

I used to go to loads of England games, couldn't even be bothered to watch them on tv the other night. My problem is the lack of interest and general fedupness with the national team has spread and now I can't be bothered with the premiership or even my own club. Be careful Jasper - it's infectious.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal