UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1360542 times)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I still think his interview when he took on the newcastle job was brilliant. Barely spoke about the team just kep calling out the reporters that have slagged him off in the papers and calling them twats.

;D :blink: :-\ ;D

tomtom

• forum hero
oooh... Chelski away as our first game....

Its going to be a tough August for Hull - Chelsea (A), Norwich (H), ManCity(A)....

reality strikes... theres going to be no easy games in this league..

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
what a great first month:
Nottm Forest V Huddersfield
League Cup - First Round - Huddersfield V Bradford
Huddersfield V QPR
Millwall V Huddersfield
Huddersfield V Bournemouth
Barnsley V Huddersfield

Only match I am not bothered about seeing is millwall away

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak

tomtom

• forum hero
:lol:£15m :lol:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22974376
 :shit:

and the cost over the duration of the contract with his wages is £55 million. A joke. Hammers had better hope they fill that Olympic stadium if they ever get in there...

Anyway - who apart from us - is likely to get relegated this year? Toon, Stoke, Villa.. got to be in the mix...? Implosion at Sunderland?

philo

• forum hero
Sunderland is a rock.....

Are you for or against kinnear?

tomtom

• forum hero

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Bloody scumbag modern-day footballers, spending all their money on Hummers, crap tattoos..... and fish:

Last year Everton's Tony Hibbert realised a life-long dream to buy his own carp fishery
http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Angling-Times/Section/Videos/All-Coarse-Videos/Videos-Search-Results/Angling-Times-Interviews/Tony-Hibberts-Life-in-Angling/

... still, I bet he wears a pair of "Beats" headphones whilst standing there in his blinged-up waders.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Ok Ok, I know it's Tennis season and nobody's thinking about football right now, but there's some proper bangers in here, mostly from pre 1980s:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gallery-50-stunning-football-images-4713528

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Less than a month until the saeson starts. Really looking forward to this season even if our signing have been average (other than vaughan that was a good one). Official team photo is out apperently this is a new kit looks exactly the same as last years but with puma not Umbro on it

Huddersfield have also taken up a new green policy as shown in this poster below:

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Hey guys. As a good time filler before Ashes round 2 kicks off... I have created the UKB fantasy league for the coming season:

Code: 167257-46611

It seems to me, to be a somewhat uninspiring list of strikers this year other than rvp! It'll be interesting to see what the imported signings are like too  :popcorn:

Dr T

• forum hero
Thanks Richie

Can't wait for the transfer merry-go-round to kick off - seems like a cold war of words and rumours at the moment...

37.5 million for Higuian now apparently, seems like rather a lot for a bit part striker, but who else can we afford that's going to make a difference, really can't see Rooney or Suaez at the Emirates  - I suspect the latter would be just as badly behaved in London as he has been on Mersey-side

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
As much as he carried the team for most of last season, I think a lot of fans would like to see the back of Suarez after his lack of gratitude for the club backing him up when he was being a horrible racist/violent bell end.

I'm not sure the trio of Sturridge, Borini, Aspas could get us the goals required, so the majority of the money from any Sale would have to be reinvested. Shame we are an upper mid table club with no European footy to offer!  I Can picture us being a shit version of Arsenal with several mediocre to above average 5-8 goals a season strikers (bar sturridge) and some goal scoring midfielders. Might be enough to sneak into the top 6 :/

Would love to see Rooney at Chelski doing a Torres.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Would love to see Rooney at Chelski doing a Torres.

And going off the rails with the fags, booze and hookers in London.  :popcorn:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
will some one please bring back ballotelli, the premier league is a duller place with out him.

Dr T

• forum hero
will some one please bring back ballotelli, the premier league is a duller place with out him.
agreed - if I could pick one striker for Wenger to sign it would be (slightly less) mad (than he was, but still bat crap crazy) Mario - He lit up the confederations cup before he went home injured...

Interesting, if a little fanciful and probably without any basis in truth, little transfer domino tumble on caughtoffside this morning
in essence for those who can't be bothered to read it...

Erikson Ajax to Liverpool
Suaez Liverpool to Real
Higuian Real to Arsenal
Gervinhio Arsenal to Galatasaria (no great loss)
Drogba Galatasaria to Chelski
Torres Chelski to Barca
Frabragas Barca to Man Utd (hopefully not as Arsenal have a first refusal buy back & if he wants to move...)
Rooney Man Utd to PSG
Ibrahimavic PSG to Man City
Dzeko City to Napoli

(excuse the awful spelling)

I Can picture us being a shit version of Arsenal
You mean like Swansea?? oh, wait a minute  ;D

Dr T

• forum hero
Looks like that taxi has finally arrived for Maicon, it's going to be a big fare going all the way to Rome.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
So a  good day for BBC after getting the FA cup back (starting 2014) yesterday
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23339424

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'd be happier if ITV were banned from ever showing football again.

Or any sport for that matter.

Dr T

• forum hero
I will be sooooo happy if this happens
I doubt it will though....

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I'd be happier if ITV were banned from ever showing football again.

Or any sport for that matter.

Plus one

Dr T

• forum hero
Hey guys. As a good time filler before Ashes round 2 kicks off... I have created the UKB fantasy league for the coming season:

Code: 167257-46611

It seems to me, to be a somewhat uninspiring list of strikers this year other than rvp! It'll be interesting to see what the imported signings are like too  :popcorn:

It's a two way fight as of now  ;D
I suspect my team will be altered massively once the transfer merry-go-round starts to wind up.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Hoping to make it 3 years in a row which would definitely surpass any climbing feats I have achieved in the same time period!  :-[

Dr T

• forum hero
Hoping to make it 3 years in a row which would definitely surpass any climbing feats I have achieved in the same time period!  :-[

A top four finish is as good as a trophy for me...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal