UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358146 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
What ignorant rubbish Adge. Like it or not, football is integral to the social and economic fabric of this and many other countries, and on so many levels.

Just because you are not interested in something it doesn't mean that it isn't news when it's something which affects the lives of hundreds of millions of people.

If you want something to rail against in this respect, how about newspapers reporting soap opera and "reality tv" as news? At least football actually exists.

And yes, I realise your post was deliberately inflammatory..... ;)

tomtom

• forum hero
I suppose I should be interested in old red faces departure now HCAFC will be playing them next year ;)

*gloats*

** for one year only ;)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
My point exactly. The game was meaningless to them.

Maybe I should have read your post in full  ;D

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Sounds like it is Moyes. Not convinced he's the right man for the job at all.

*crosses fingers*

crimp

What ignorant rubbish Adge. Like it or not, football is integral to the social and economic fabric of this and many other countries, and on so many levels.

Just because you are not interested in something it doesn't mean that it isn't news when it's something which affects the lives of hundreds of millions of people.

If you want something to rail against in this respect, how about newspapers reporting soap opera and "reality tv" as news? At least football actually exists.

And yes, I realise your post was deliberately inflammatory..... ;)

:sorry:

was jokey rather than inflammatory

:devangel:

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Good riddance!

Really hope Shebby Singh is given the nod to rebuild the club!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
With Peter Ridsdale as chief consultant and 'onest 'arry as manager.

tomtom

• forum hero
Moyes to United and Marinez to Everton after Wigwam are relegated...

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Big Sam to United and Jose to West Ham!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Sounds as if Shrek has spat his dummy again and will probably follow old redface out of Old Trafford. Amusing that he moaned that United lacked ambition in the transfer market when he threatened to leave last time (translation, pay me more money) and is presumably now moaning cos he can't get in the team half the time......... after they signed RVP.

What a prick.

tomtom

• forum hero
Sounds as if Shrek has spat his dummy again and will probably follow old redface out of Old Trafford. Amusing that he moaned that United lacked ambition in the transfer market when he threatened to leave last time (translation, pay me more money) and is presumably now moaning cos he can't get in the team half the time......... after they signed RVP.

What a prick.

But a prick that you or I would have in our sides gladly... he is a prick though. Theres some top class granny totty over here in East Yorkshire that might lure him over.. a quite spin around Brid on a wednesday afternoon and he'd be signed up.

rich d

• forum hero
So Man Utd lose (well he moves upstairs) one cunt of the year contender, and they may lose 2 if shrek's allowed to leave. However it looks like they may be right back up to their quota again with ronaldo show pony rumoured to return.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
sorry fatneck officially david moyes the replacement.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22453802

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
DT nails it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/08/david-moyes-manchester-united-jose-mourinho

Moyes net spend at Everton £800,000 per season  :o Remarkable

Shame he's going to Utd, I'd really like him to succeed

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Just the small matter of our biggest game for thirty years (first of three hopefully) in a few hours. I'm slightly excited.....

Dolly

• forum hero
Hope you win tonight - I haven't got much time for Palace really

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Cheers. Would take losing by a goal tonight especially if we score. We'll do them at home on Monday I'm sure.

Lots of neutrals seem to be supporting us in this, which is nice.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Good luck Jasper. Definitely keen to see Brighton in the prem instead of the other 3 candidates!  :thumbsup:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
5-Live on.  C'mon Brighton...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Thanks lads. More than happy with that result. Bring on Monday!

https://twitter.com/Franklyn_McCabe/status/333166706287599617

Good luck with that little game you're off to today FD.  ;)

Dr T

• forum hero
 :dance1:  :w00t: nice one Wigan...

Now come on the Seagulls - if they win on Monday I'll have to try and take my old man to Wembley
(might see you there Jasper)

kelvin

• forum hero
:dance1:  :w00t: nice one Wigan...

Now come on the Seagulls - if they win on Monday I'll have to try and take my old man to Wembley

I just bought tickets for myself and the daughter to the Cobblers play-off - was meant to be away climbing BUT I can do that most weekends, a day at the footy with the daughter is a rare thing anyway, let alone Wembley.

:beer2:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Should we get there I think getting tickets will be nigh on impossible. With 22000 season ticket holders getting priority they'll go in minutes. Anyway, let's get Monday sorted before worrying about such things!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Allocation is about 35,000 per club for the playoffs so there's maybe a chance, probably mean queuing overnight like in the old days or something.

Plus there's the club wembley/corporate sell offs at inflated prices if you're really keen to be there.  Again, very disappointing to see almost 4,000 unused seats today.  For the FA Cup Final. FFS.  Always used to be 100,000 sell out without fail.  Still tickets online this morning asking for £500.  Madness.

But as you say you're not there yet, really hope you end up having the dilemma of ticket aquisition.

tomtom

• forum hero

Should we get there I think getting tickets will be nigh on impossible. With 22000 season ticket holders getting priority they'll go in minutes. Anyway, let's get Monday sorted before worrying about such things!

We got ours for the Hull playoff final reasonably easily... they sold out but it took a day or two...
Different from club to club, but for Hull you just needed a membership number and then they'd let you buy them. (up to 4 per person). Obviously the cheap seats went first (£30) and we ended up getting the £90 ones - the burger between the two buns as it were of the seating (in between the top and bottom teirs - behind goal).. there were more of these left than the others so better choice. And for the occasion, the extra was worth it..

Driving down from Hull that day was amazing... people stood on the motorway bridges with banners waving people off! Limo's with fans hanging out the windows...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal