UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357820 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#4400 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 14, 2012, 01:20:05 pm
I went to the St George's Hall vigil and have never been so proud standing next to fellow Liverpudilans. The city really is home to the most loyal, patient and devoted individuals you could ever care to meet.

Initially I felt absolutely incensed by Boris Johnson's comments and thought he should revisit the city to offer a much more tangible and formal apology to the people in light of the truth substantiated by the reports. I then realised that this actually doesn't matter. These people are far more hardy and dignified than that putrid strand of rancid public school ejaculate could ever be.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4401 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 14, 2012, 01:29:22 pm
 :agree:

Yes. Better that the comments he made are simply publicised as much as possible rather than allowing him yet another self promotion platform.

After the totally depressing outpouring of love for the prick shown during / after the Olympics / Paralympics (which for some reason he seemed to get massive credit for despite having pretty much fuck all to do with it) this needs to be seen by as many people as possible. This is what this man is really like. He's not a loveable buffoon who bumbles through politics trying to "do the right thing".

He's a nasty, horrible Tory cunt.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4402 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 14, 2012, 02:07:30 pm
:agree:

Yes. Better that the comments he made are simply publicised as much as possible rather than allowing him yet another self promotion platform.

After the totally depressing outpouring of love for the prick shown during / after the Olympics / Paralympics (which for some reason he seemed to get massive credit for despite having pretty much fuck all to do with it) this needs to be seen by as many people as possible. This is what this man is really like. He's not a loveable buffoon who bumbles through politics trying to "do the right thing".

He's a nasty, horrible Tory cunt.

On the same subject:

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2012-09-14/ex-mp-sir-irvine-patnick-apologises-over-hillsborough-smears/

[Was my MP at the time]

Sir Irvine Patnick said he had been given "wholly inaccurate" information by some members of the police and was "appalled" at the extent of the cover-up surrounding the disaster.

But the former Tory MP for Sheffield Hallam said he "totally" accepted responsibility for repeating the information, which led to the tabloid newspaper's notorious front page story headlined The Truth.

This "responsible" behaviour consisted of immediately appearing on television and repeating this gross defamation of the supporters, in advance of any evidence or other information as to the causes of the disaster.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4403 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 14, 2012, 09:52:38 pm

Beggars belief!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/wintour-and-watt/2012/sep/14/boris-davidcameron

London mayor grows in gravitas as new poll shows he is UK's most respected politician, even beating the Iron Lady

tomtom

• forum hero

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4405 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 16, 2012, 02:47:34 pm
Nice copy. A bit over the place but powerful.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/sep/15/hillsborough-bradford-daniel-taylor

In today's Observer.

Best coverage of the Sunday paper's is the Indy's treatment - front page, and lead editorial.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4406 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 24, 2012, 01:32:59 pm
Anyone noticed how the "Premier League" and "The Championship" tables appear to be broken?

Brighton top, West Brom in a Euro Champions League spot.

[Mind you. Normal service resumed in Scotland with Stirling bottom of the Third…]

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4407 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 24, 2012, 02:35:09 pm
I'm not rising to that.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#4408 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 24, 2012, 02:36:16 pm
you think thats bad if a miracle happens in blackpool tonight HTAFC could be second in the championship behind birghton  :blink: :blink: :blink:

tomtom

• forum hero
#4409 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 24, 2012, 03:11:24 pm
Are Motherwell top in the SPL?

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#4410 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 24, 2012, 03:23:46 pm
No one commented on John "that wanker" Terry announcing his retirement from international football

All I can say is congratulations for all you have ...
Nah cant finish it  :icon_321:

:great:

Quote from: that wanker
"I am making this statement today in advance of the hearing of the FA disciplinary charge because I feel the FA, in pursuing charges against me where I have already been cleared in a court of law, have made my position with the national team untenable.
:boohoo:
When there is video evidence that you said it on the internet and has been for almost 12 months. Your lawyer can make any shit up to win a court case but its harder when the FA just have to make a decision based on the evidence provided.

rich d

• forum hero
#4411 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 24, 2012, 03:33:57 pm
I agree Grubes, I really didn't think JT could make himself look anymore of a twat and then he retires due to the FA making his position untenable. What an absolute tool. I'm finding it hard to even care about football anymore - may just have to stick to the rugby league.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4412 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 24, 2012, 04:30:25 pm
I'm not rising to that.

Spoilsport!

[Seems to have gone over everyone elses' heads, though]

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4413 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 26, 2012, 12:31:56 pm
Shamelessly stolen from NSC, everyone likes a laugh at Palace's expense right?

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/9947010.London_2012_has_inspired_Crystal_Palace_FC_to_recruit_its_own_games_makers/

What a bunch of gimps.

tomtom

• forum hero
#4414 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 30, 2012, 03:25:38 pm
Ahhh... Pot Kettle Black Boil. Please re-arrange Sir Ferguson...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19774393

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4415 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 30, 2012, 03:31:11 pm
“Please re-arrange Sir Ferguson…”

Lumme!

metal arms

• menacing presence
Please re-arrange Sir Ferguson...

Souring Refs?

Sour Ref Sign?

Oh wait, where's the crossword thread...

galpinos

• forum hero
Brilliant.

We’re in the play-off spots, 1 point off the top and the f****** Venkys have forced the manager out after 8 games. In who’s world is it a good idea to ditch a manager at this point in the season. If they wanted a change, why not start the season with a new manager who can buy the players and form the team he wants, not give him the team someone else wanted.

It’s not as if they even have a replacement lined up.

Snoops

• obsessive maniac
Brilliant.

We’re in the play-off spots, 1 point off the top and the f****** Venkys have forced the manager out after 8 games. In who’s world is it a good idea to ditch a manager at this point in the season. If they wanted a change, why not start the season with a new manager who can buy the players and form the team he wants, not give him the team someone else wanted.

It’s not as if they even have a replacement lined up.

I feel for you, there is no better current example of an English club being owned and ruined by clueless dickheads

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It is a mess however plenty of the fans were still chanting for him to go in his last games in charge so at least they've finally got what they wanted. The timing is very odd though and the role of Shebby Singh very "interesting":

http://soccerlens.com/blackburn-shebby-singh/96500/

This guy was previously most famous for being a cricket pundit on ESPN Asia.  :shrug:

galpinos

• forum hero
I know it’s what the “fans” want but it seems a poor timing to me.

Personally, I think Kean is quite a good manager. He needs a defensive coach to help him out but since he took over, Blackburn have played pretty good football going forward, creating chances and scoring lots. Defensively, leak goals like it’s going out of fashion hence he could’ve done with a hand. Bearing in mind the restrictions on players and ridiculous politics Kean had to deal with, I don’t think he’s done too bad, even if we did get relegated.

Don’t get me started on Shebby Singh........

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Skills....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
What's that you say? Emile Heskey as a child on Rod Hull and Emu? Getting called "Emily" by mistake? Surely not.........

http://www.thefootballramble.com/latest/entry/emile-heskey-as-a-child-on-rod-hull-and-emu

Oh yes it is.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19819177

Seven-and-a-half year ban.

The inquiry found that the 60-year-old channelled payments from football clubs into his personal bank account instead of a company account.

Ooops. Sorry. - "nothing to do with football"

The finding does not relate to his footballing duties as chairman of various clubs.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
"These disqualifications should serve as a reminder that the Insolvency Service will investigate unacceptable conduct and deal robustly with directors who harm creditors by using unacceptable financial practice,"

Robustly? He's scammed HMRC for nearly half a million and got away with a slapped wrist!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal