UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357770 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

tomtom

• forum hero
Paddy Kenny gets pissed up and sends abuse to former employers:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1140336/qpr-make-complaint-about-leeds-goalkeeper-paddy-kenny?cc=5739

;D

It doesnt suprise me that Kenny and Warnock get on well...

tomtom

• forum hero
The Grauniads 'secret footballer' is doing a webchat thing (answering comments) right now.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/aug/23/secret-footballer-answers-questions-live?commentpage=4#start-of-comments

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Been following TSF for a while. It's quite an insightful bit of writing and he comes across well. Nice to see there are eloquent footballers about... I guess they generally keep their heads down/remain anonymous to avoid the banter of the moronic majority!

Will likely get the book even if their identity is revealed (seems like a fair few people are convinced it's dave kitson).

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Interesting that. The book should bee a good read.

This is a good piece about why Barton to Marseille could be a good move. Have to agree as it's a town full of criminals!

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/2012/08/23/lyttleton-bartons-move-to-marseille-will-work-out/

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
He should of stayed at Wigan
Jimmy B is now at MK Dons
His career seems to of been in a downwards spiral since leaving wigan ...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
He should have stayed at Wigan
His career seems to have been in a downwards spiral since leaving wigan ...

It's a good job ARFK is on holiday or he'd be all over this like a grammar / spelling Nazi......  ;)

Tis a real shame about Bullard, such a wasted talent. I suppose we'll never know if it was the beer that was the major cause of the injuries or vice versa. That £5m / £50k per week transfer must be the worst deal Hull have ever done..... tomtom?

tomtom

• forum hero
He should have stayed at Wigan
His career seems to have been in a downwards spiral since leaving wigan ...

It's a good job ARFK is on holiday or he'd be all over this like a grammar / spelling Nazi......  ;)

Tis a real shame about Bullard, such a wasted talent. I suppose we'll never know if it was the beer that was the major cause of the injuries or vice versa. That £5m / £50k per week transfer must be the worst deal Hull have ever done..... tomtom?

fuckety fuck. Just typed a 10 min reply and deleted it. Tit.

Yes Bullard, great player, but injuries screwed him over and gave him the chance to fritter away months/years in the pub (the Weir in Hessle to be precise...).

But, we should not have bought him (medical showed a dodgy knees but we took a punt anyway) and less than 10 games for £5 million (no resale) and half that again in wages... Mind you, he did something unlike non-legend PL purchases such as Kamel Ghilas... (who you ask...? Precisely - £2.5m of who...)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Tis a real shame about Bullard, such a wasted talent. I suppose we'll never know if it was the beer that was the major cause of the injuries or vice versa.

But, we should not have bought him (medical showed a dodgy knees but we took a punt anyway)

Remember reading something about/by Roy Keane who said that recovery from his knee injury/ies was prolonged by going in the piss every night, standing around & walking between pubs putting too much stress on them despite using crutches, and inevitably doing daft things when pissed.  So maybe not the initial cause of the injuries but perhaps the ongoing reason he never recovered fully.

tomtom

• forum hero
Great picture:

I'm missing the combat jacket though...

mrconners

• menacing presence
Great picture:

I'm missing the combat jacket though...

But not the Nazi salute, thankfully.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Today is a sad day  :wavecry: Jordan to Rovers
All the best to the lad he deserves the pay rise and the acclaim. I am a little dissappointed we sold to a team in the same league as us.

However we now have £8m that is an entire season funded plus new players.
The rumours of players we are after are:
DJ Campbell - Not too sure about this one
+
Fraiser Campbell - Would be nice to bring the lad home got a mate who went to school with him to text him to find out about this one.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Berbatov to Fulham for £5m.... when Stephen Fletcher fetched around £14m?!!! Okay, I'll admit that Berbatov is getting on, but he had no pace to lose... how much fitness does insouciant strolling require?

And Nigel de Jong to Milan for £8m?! Seems a waste, especially when you consider how much Arsenal (or Man Utd) need that type of  player (considering the number of players they have gained from Arsenal).  Bit of a bizarre few week's business really - de Jong, Adam Johnson and Adebayour out.  Sinclair and Rodwell in - lots of money for no appreciable increase in quality (though perhaps an increase in diligent application).  Maicon for only a few £m might be decent bit of business for some experienced cover though.

Still, as a Leeds fan, this is the first deadline day I have not spent consumed by excitement and fear... as we have already sold every decent player and have no money.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
However we now have £8m that is an entire season funded plus new players.

Figure won't be that high as there is a sell on clause included which was the only part of the Jordan Rhodes sale that Ipswich managed to get right....  >:(

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Roy Keane's legacy lives on ...
At least he wont't playing against you tomorrow.
He will however be playing at Elland Road

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
and in an example of the circularity of life.... Beckford might well end up with Town.....

I do like the way transfer deadline day comprises all these utterly madcap, yet finely balanced moves.  It all fits together yet makes no sense whatsoever.  Like a jigsaw puzzle solved with a hammer.

.... Liverpool have got Adam and Carrole off the books, so might move for Dempsey, but if Chelsea get Schurrle they might loan Sturridge, if Liverpool take Sturridge - will Dempsey go to Villa... but wait... rumour is that Berbatov is now at Spurs.... who are selling van der Vaat to Hamburg.... 

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Probably just as well Rhodes won't be playing against us tomorrow as we only have two centre backs at the minute and one of those is a bit rubbish by all accounts.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I do like the way transfer deadline day comprises all these utterly madcap, yet finely balanced moves.  It all fits together yet makes no sense whatsoever.  Like a jigsaw puzzle solved with a hammer.

Think it was the last January deadline day that SSN surpassed themselves by showing live coverage of Jim White arriving at the studio.

Not the same without an 'Onest 'Arry car window interview though.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
I reckon 'Arry won't be able to help himself and will buy a few players anyway.  Perhaps, store them in the garage, allowing them out occasionally to do odd-jobs

....my Dad had a dream of borrowing money to buy talented but lazy players; expensive flops whose value had fallen through the indiscipline and love of cakes that often accompanies prolonged bench-warming.  He was then going to keep them in the garage (after clearing some space out between the bikes and freezer) and subject them to a training regime of running, brainwashing, and punishment beatings.  Then, next transfer window, the now whippet-lean and obedient victim would be sold for a handsome profit.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
and in an example of the circularity of life.... Beckford might well end up with Town.....
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
Jermaine c***ing Beckford
 :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank:
I would be extremely tempted to cancel my trip away to give that twat the reception he deserves.
Arrogant piece of useless shit.

If beckford signs I will feel more than justified in not renewing my season ticket.
That cunt epitomises what I hate about football. Useless over paid over hyped over rated twats who think they are better than they are. Fell they can be complete pricks and do what they want.
I was slightly turning from my anti grayson thoughts but this rejuvenates my disappointment in him being Town's manager.

[/rant] and breath.

tomtom

• forum hero
#4371 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
August 31, 2012, 04:11:50 pm
Don't hold back Grubes!

We've picked up Quinn from the Blades and Elmohalmandy (sp?) on loans from Slunderland..
And sent Cameron Stewart on loan to Burnerley when we spent half of last season resisting 2.5 million bids from the foxes for him.

I dunno.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Stoke seem to be the footballing equivalent of Royston Vasey, they're forever buying players but nobody ever seems to leave, just disappears and is never mentioned again.

I was slightly turning from my anti grayson thoughts but this rejuvenates my disappointment in him being Town's manager.

Do you want Clarke back? What would I give for a match long unbeaten run right now?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#4374 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 03, 2012, 03:26:26 pm

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal