UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358148 times)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
https://twitter.com/twatball/status/212664875489574912

Off-pitch twatpoints have been awarded to Antonio Cassano for his bumbling homophobic press conference.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Via a friend on Twitter...

The inspiration behind Wayne Rooney's new hair cut.....

NSFW  :

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
If you had Poland's keeper, you're sorted...

Forge Albion (Brett Walder) - score: 64
Grubers Loser (Luke) - score: 56
Woys wankas (Richard Hession) - score: 54
Bartons Bad Boys (Andrew Smith) - score: 54
Stoke wonna be's (Dave Holmes) - score: 44
Engerlorious bastards (Richard dickens) - score: 42
Roygues Gallery (Ian Thomas) - score: 40
Ellies Arse Holes (Ellie Boylan) - score: 24
Real Rejects (Mark Young) - score:

Bollocks!

Valera costs me 20 points by scoring winner.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
-20 for a goal :ohmy:   I really should have read the rules of this "competition" before entering

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
-20 for a goal :ohmy:   I really should have read the rules of this "competition" before entering

-2 for a goal.

-10 for "throwing away two goal lead"

- I had two Portugal players.

Mind you -

Schweinsteiger - 2 [goal]
Van Bommel -  2  goals[4] + subbed [2]
Robben - 2  goals[4] + subbed [2]

= another 14 points.

And the Netherlands can still qualify!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Hurry up Harry; and clear your desk!

Big Dave

• menacing presence
BREAKING NEWS:

Polish fans have been officially warned that if they cause any more trouble during Euro 2012 they will be deported back to the UK.

Big Dave

• menacing presence
Harry Redknapp's severence pay from Tottenham is said to be £3 Million before tax............and £3 Million after tax

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Oh come on Harry. You're being far too modest.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/news/redknapp-people-at-top-didnt-like-me-38639/

Nobody else likes you either.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
England game. Red button. "Moyles Commentary"

What the fuck?

And then at haf time it's expanded.

"Chris Moyles and Comedy Dave"

Just how fucking shit have you got to be at your job for it to be labelled?l

"Comedy" Dave my arse.

fuck off.

You're "Dave"

"We", and by that I mean your audiennce will decide if you're "Comedy" or not.

I don't know.

You may be witty, smart, funnny, amusing.

But you're name isn't "comedy" Dave, and you've just been promoted to 17th against the wall when the revolution comes.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
England game. Red button. "Moyles Commentary"

What the fuck?

And then at haf time it's expanded.

"Chris Moyles and Comedy Dave"

Just how fucking shit have you got to be at your job for it to be labelled?l

"Comedy" Dave my arse.

fuck off.

You're "Dave"

"We", and by that I mean your audiennce will decide if you're "Comedy" or not.

I don't know.

You may be witty, smart, funnny, amusing.

But you're name isn't "comedy" Dave, and you've just been promoted to 17th against the wall when the revolution comes.

Soory but Dave is 18th against the wall, just below the people who decided to have the Red Button with Chris Moyles on the screen during the whole fucking game tonight. Nearly spoiled my whole night. Room 101 for them I reckon (I assume Moyles is already in there)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Quote from: Giovanni Trappatoni
It is not my habit to be critical of other colleagues as coaches or managers, but for Roy Keane I'll make an exception…

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
That Moyles banner thing looked enormous on my tiny Lansleyvision™ screen so it must have been well intrusive on a proper tv.

Very enjoyable game but England are kidding themselves if they think that scraping a win means anything other than that they're still in the tournament. Unless we suddenly develop the ability to pass the ball to each other and defend set pieces any half decent team is going to murder  (Sweden are shit).

Welbeck's goal was pure class though. Favourite moment was Terry getting skinned for pace by Zlatan but then flattening him. Very funny and sort of summed up England.

danm

• junky
Well, that certainly put paid to the naysayers whinging about England being boring! OK, we really are rubbish, but we do it so entertainingly! During that match I went from bored yet satisfied, to shocked and aghast, to wide eyed and jubilant. You don't get that with your Spain's and Germany's do you? England are the best value for money at the tournament so far - looking forward to another emotional rollercoaster against Ukraine.  :bounce:

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Get yourself to the Banner Cross on Tuesday Dan, great footy pub

rich d

• forum hero
I thought we were worse against Sweden than we were against the French. I was hoping that we'd push on in the second half, but we did the usual English thing of forgetting to defend and being pushed backwards, our ball retention was appalling against a team who were very very poor. I know there seems to be a buzz about team spirit and coming back etc etc but I was totally fed up by the time we were 2 1 down and couldn't even raise a cheer when we won. I'm already disillusioned and bored, and the fact that the majority of them seem to be fairly repulsive cunts off the field isn't helping. If we're looking for Rooney to be the catalyst towards turning us into a decent side we're in real trouble. Saying that I could see us continuing to scrape through just to piss me off.

richieb

• menacing presence
Well, that certainly put paid to the naysayers whinging about England being boring!
Agree. At least we were involved in an entertaining/exciting competitive game for the first time in about 10 years, even if the quality wasn't all that.
It stuck me how pretty much the first time in 2 games one of our players backed himself to take someone on in the box (Walcott), we scored the winner.
Not a good sign that we couldn't score the 4th when we had that breakaway at the end. Germany would have been ruthless in that position, as they were against us in 2010.
That might be the only sort of chance we get against better teams.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
If, as tomorrow's newspapers seem to allege, England's tactics at "defending corners and set pieces" had been passed to the Swedes; how come the England team hadn't seen them?

lukeyboy

• forum abuser
Right, I'm clearly missing something here but please help me out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/european-championship/2012/groups-schedule

Russia and Greece both ended the group stage having won, drawn and lost a game, so 4 points each. Greece's GD is 0 whilst Russia's is +2. How do Greece then finish above Russia...?

tomtom

• forum hero
Because it follows the CL model not the world cup model.
So before GD it comes down to head to head performance. Greece and Russia were equal on points, but Greece beat Russia sogo through...

rich d

• forum hero
I alwys think it'd make more sense to do goal difference first and then use the mini league thing next. Made it very exciting last night though.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
I alwys think it'd make more sense to do goal difference first and then use the mini league thing next. Made it very exciting last night though.

The head-to-head between the tied teams seems a pretty logical way of deciding it to me: splitting them by the most direct  measure of their relative prowess.  Using goal difference can unfairly advantage the team lucky enough to play the group's whipping boys in their last match.  It's much easier to run up a huge scoreline against a crap team that are already knocked-out.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

The head-to-head between the tied teams seems a pretty logical way of deciding it to me: splitting them by the most direct  measure of their relative prowess.  Using goal difference can unfairly advantage the team lucky enough to play the group's whipping boys in their last match.  It's much easier to run up a huge scoreline against a crap team that are already knocked-out.

Scotland would still always be eliminated at the group stage though.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I think he meant Ireland.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal