UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357857 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Very very harsh. What the fuck are the FA playing at?

It appears we would have been better off letting the club go bust back in January and start again as a phoenix club.  At the moment we are neither dead or alive, and as this evening's news stated, we are infact a zombie club. This situation is actually encouraging clubs in future to go bust at the first opportunity, fighting to try and pay off your debts and give your club some diginity back does not work in your favour.

It certainly doesn't enourage people to do the right thing. I said at the time that it was a risk putting all that money in and that they might have been better to let it die and start again but you have to admire what they've tried to do even if it fails / has failed.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Very very harsh. What the fuck are the FA playing at?

It appears we would have been better off letting the club go bust back in January and start again as a phoenix club.  At the moment we are neither dead or alive, and as this evening's news stated, we are infact a zombie club. This situation is actually encouraging clubs in future to go bust at the first opportunity, fighting to try and pay off your debts and give your club some diginity back does not work in your favour.

It certainly doesn't enourage people to do the right thing. I said at the time that it was a risk putting all that money in and that they might have been better to let it die and start again but you have to admire what they've tried to do even if it fails / has failed.

The money the fans put in via the Crowdcube model back in January is being refunded - it's then up to individuals to decide whether they want to plough it into the CIC.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
And now it's Bishop, not  Shildon.

And purely co-incidentally a higher-graded ground

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9736049.QUAKERS_LATEST__Club_to_play_at_Bishop_Auckland__not_Shildon/?ref=twtrec

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Anyone fancy a Euro2012 FF competition?

http://www.twatball.co.uk/

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Good shout. This twatball looks like a nice alternative ff league :)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Like it, I'm in!

rich d

• forum hero
As a Leeds fan this is definately my area of expertise

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
League is here.
http://www.twatball.co.uk/?item=group&plain=1&id=38

(There seems to be a remarkable presence of a certain England defender in the teams so far, doesn't there?

It'd be a shame for all of us if the repugnant little troll behaved himself, wouldn't it?)

rich d

• forum hero
Lampard out now, he'd have made my FF dirty boys team.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Mission Statement: Football Club Gelsenkirchen-Schalke 04 e.V.

http://www.schalke04.com/club/mission-statement.html

Some blinding quotes in that:

Just a few highlights.

2. Our club colours are and will remain blue and white. Whenever possible, this should also be the playing kit of the club's teams.

4. FC Schalke 04 began as a colliers' and grafters' club. For this reason our club shall within the financial means at its disposal enable its supporters from all social backgrounds to participate in the life of the club and attend matches

9. Our collective goal is sporting success. In pursuit of this goal, however, no one may endanger the existence of our club or violate the values set forth in this mission statement.

[My italics]

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
<elepant in the room>

This thread has been quiet for a few days ...
So what do people expect from today?

I fully expect :yawn: or a good :spank:

I am going to that hell hole in birstall to buy shit swedish furnature in there sale to avoid watching ... I will probably have 5 live on though. I get the pleasure of a trip to leeds in rush hour at 50 mph all the way if I am lucky. Still sounds more intersting than woy team

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Read the ox may start ahead of downing. Maybe something good can come out of this, with a bit of experience for a youngster! I'm quite looking forward to the game, have enjoyed the first half of poland v greece and the whole russia czech game so far. Germany portugal could have been better if portugal had decided to play before leaving it too late. I expect us try and stifle then nick something via a mistake!

tomtom

• forum hero
Season finished a few weeks ago didnt it? ;)

The elephant in the room Grubes is referring to is of course the mighty Tigers new manager Steve Bruce (albeit a red nosed elephant..) ;)

Who according to most fanzines, websites and people I've spoken to seems to be a good appointment on the balance of issues. +ves are expereience, 'big name', contacts in the game, gravitas to draw players to an unfashionable city, experience of promoting sides. -ves are being Steve Bruce, acting like a cock and having left clubs rapidly in the past.

Myself, I think he's far from perfect - but judging by his statements seems hungry and has a point to prove to a few people in the game (and in the Media) and if we get the best out of that drive then great. He's still a red nosed tool though ;)

Other business.. 1:1

Vive la France ;)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

tomtom

• forum hero
Pointless statistics

First, I was going to say aren't all statistics pointless?
Then I noticed the link was to 'signficancemagazine' and I wondered if it had featured in have I got news for you ;)
Then I read the article and quite liked it ;)

rich d

• forum hero
Don't think it matters which team he puts out as we'll be fairly poor and get beaten by any of the decent sides. Still looking forward to watching it though.  :icon_beerchug:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
The elephant in the room Grubes is referring to is of course the mighty Tigers new manager Steve Bruce (albeit a red nosed elephant..) ;)
My commiserations. Looking forward till we play hull. he has not managed against us since he was sacked all those years ago. I am sure he will get a great reception ...  :wank:
Who according to most fanzines, websites and people I've spoken to seems to be a good appointment on the balance of issues. +ves are expereience, 'big name', contacts in the game, gravitas to draw players to an unfashionable city, experience of promoting sides. -ves are being Steve Bruce, acting like a cock and having left clubs rapidly in the past.
[/quotes] -ves pays £1m for george donis (who?) instead of getting a young up and coming centre half on loan named john terry (he was not as much of a twat then), complete arsehole, tactically inept?, left behind the times, inability to change, No plan B

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Good to see a half decent performance. Lots of people put a shift in and we a t least crafted a couple mor chances than the goal. Shame about hart not dealing with nasri's goal but France definitely deserved at least a point.

I just hope we can continue to look solid against Sweden and maybe make some better decisions around their box. Thought welbeck played really well and the ox didn't let anyone down.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Can some one do a twatball update I can't access it at work.
Interest to see how its going after the first round of games

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
If you had Poland's keeper, you're sorted...

Forge Albion (Brett Walder) - score: 64
Grubers Loser (Luke) - score: 56
Woys wankas (Richard Hession) - score: 54
Bartons Bad Boys (Andrew Smith) - score: 54
Stoke wonna be's (Dave Holmes) - score: 44
Engerlorious bastards (Richard dickens) - score: 42
Roygues Gallery (Ian Thomas) - score: 40
Ellies Arse Holes (Ellie Boylan) - score: 24
Real Rejects (Mark Young) - score:

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
If you had Poland's keeper, you're sorted...

Forge Albion (Brett Walder) - score: 64
Grubers Loser (Luke) - score: 56
Woys wankas (Richard Hession) - score: 54
Bartons Bad Boys (Andrew Smith) - score: 54
Stoke wonna be's (Dave Holmes) - score: 44
Engerlorious bastards (Richard dickens) - score: 42
Roygues Gallery (Ian Thomas) - score: 40
Ellies Arse Holes (Ellie Boylan) - score: 24
Real Rejects (Mark Young) - score:

But is he going to score any more points in the tournament?

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
probably not  (did he get 2 matches - straight red?) but most keepers won't match his points total (especially if you picked the false no.1 who isn't actually first choice  :wall:)

Loz!

• regular
Yeah I was gutted when he conceded, gave away a pen and a straight red! Not too big a gap to bridge at the top of the twat league though! Balotelli and van Bommel have lived up to expectations so far  :clap2:

I may be wrong but I think you only get a 1 game ban for a red this tournament so szechny could be back for the last group game, in which case it was a brilliant choice of keeper!

(crouch)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal