UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358083 times)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
New Manager same shit:

GK – Hart, Green, Ruddy
DF – Baines, Cahill, Cole, Johnson, Jones, Lescott, Terry
M – Barry, Downing, Gerrard, Lampard, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Parker, Walcott, Young, Milner
S – Carroll, Defoe, Rooney, Welbeck

Stand-by list - Butland, Jagielka, Henderson, Adam Johnson, Sturridge.

:wall: :wall: :wall:
Fuck off England  :wank:

Plattsy

• forum hero
Glad you did in the end FD  :)
Grubes do I win a fiver for predicting you against the blunts at Wembley ?
Must admit
I've got mixed feelings here. On one hand I'd love some more Steel City derbies, but then again would be great to see the pigs beaten by another Yorkshire team in blue and white stripes at Wembley  :-\
I was musing over this exact quandary last night. An additional angle is if the Blades win perhaps Jordan Rhodes will fancy joining his pops down Hillsborough.  :thumbsup:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
New Manager same shit:

GK – Hart, Green, Ruddy
DF – Baines, Cahill, Cole, Johnson, Jones, Lescott, Terry
M – Barry, Downing, Gerrard, Lampard, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Parker, Walcott, Young, Milner
S – Carroll, Defoe, Rooney, Welbeck

Stand-by list - Butland, Jagielka, Henderson, Adam Johnson, Sturridge.

:wall: :wall: :wall:
Fuck off England  :wank:

Amazed that Butland makes the standby list, although a Blues player and has worked with the new England GK coach, Dave Watson, a lot he still a 19 year old having only played at Cheltenham in L2.

Apart from terry and downing (how after his season?) doesn't look all bad.... I mean it looks bad but that's what we have... it looks as good as it could... quite a lot of versatility in the defence and midfield.... lot to prove up front, especially with our Wayne missing the first two.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
apart from terry and downing (how after his season?) doesn't look all bad....
Lampard? Milner? Even gerrard has been shit this season.

Ashely young?
Micah Richard?
Johnson only a stand-by but downing in?
Carrick knows how to win big games?
In am guessing scholes must opf said no again

Sturridge left out who has played this season but defoe who rearely has in?
Grant holt?

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Lampard? Milner? Even gerrard has been shit this season. lampard and gerrard were never going to be left out.  Ever 

Ashely young? could win some penalties or free kicks for becks, oh wait
Micah Richard?  Him or Phil Jones,, RH chose JOnes, more versatile, CH. RB, midfield
Johnson only a stand-by but downing in? An anomoly, crazy although SD does have a decent england performance record
Carrick knows how to win big games? Maybe should have been in, injury record?
In am guessing scholes must opf said no again.  Wishfull thinking

Sturridge left out who has played this season but defoe who rearely has in?  Yes but proven, fresh?  Sturridge proved what a sulky little shit he is this season
Grant holt? YOU MUST BE FUCKING JOKING

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Grant holt? YOU MUST BE FUCKING JOKING
I was but Carroll + dafoe got in there so any british striker must have a chance, no? Same thing with a shout

tomtom

• forum hero
England team selection is like walking into a swanky night club expecting to be surrounded by gorgeous women, but instead you realise its grab a granny night at the Ritzy...

Usual suspects. Still, Roy's used to making a pigs ear out of a sows ringpeice - or however the saying goes...

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Just thinking - if / when Rooney gets injured or misses matches due to blowing a fuse and picking up yellow cards or a red...England could be lining up in a must-win game with Carroll and Defoe up front.

Available as a lay for the Euro 2012 winners on Betfair at 13 gents...form an orderly queue. Could be the easiest tenner you ever earn!

tomtom

• forum hero
Oooh... King Kenny's done one....

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Just thinking - if / when Rooney gets injured or misses matches due to blowing a fuse and picking up yellow cards or a red...England could be lining up in a must-win game with Carroll and Defoe up front.

Available as a lay for the Euro 2012 winners on Betfair at 13 gents...form an orderly queue. Could be the easiest tenner you ever earn!

rooney already banned for first two matches. Unless he gets crocked in training his first appearance will be a must-win game. Then we'll go home....

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
England team selection is like walking into a swanky night club expecting to be surrounded by gorgeous women, but instead you realise its grab a granny night at the Ritzy...
Nice analogy.  be interesting to know harrys squad, suspect at least 20-21 names would be the same cuz there is what there is. And i bet a pigs ear is a delicacy in Poland. Or is it a trotter?

tomtom

• forum hero
Nice analogy.  be interesting to know harrys squad, suspect at least 20-21 names would be the same cuz there is what there is. And i bet a pigs ear is a delicacy in Poland. Or is it a trotter?

:) Not sure why everyones so against Fat Frank and Cashley... they've both had cracking 2nd halves of the season. Aside from Cashley being an odious little twat he is a world class left back..

Good luck on Saturday by the way... you going? I hope you go up - as I'd rather have Blackpool to play in the league next year! (a backhanded compliment if ever there was one!)...

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
are you confusing me with 3t? Blackpool knocked my team out.  So, no, not going...

FF & Cashley would be certs for any manager, they'd be mad not to take them, whether FF starts is another thing given that Gerrard clearly will as captain and Roy likes a holding midfielder which you'd imagine will be Scott Parker. Good player to have on the bench although maybe not as good as Fabregas  :-\  :no:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Black armbands and a minutes silence at Anfield 1st game of the season?  :slap:

tomtom

• forum hero
are you confusing me with 3t? Blackpool knocked my team out.  So, no, not going...

Fuckety fuck... sorry Nai... having a bad day... got as far as Leeds on my Manc > Hull commute and realised I'd left a bag of marked dissertations in Manc... back around....

FD, it would be VERY funny to see the look on the Anfield faithful if Roy did well as England Manager :)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Great thread on Bluemoon from neutrals and other fans.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=257022

tomtom

• forum hero
Great thread on Bluemoon from neutrals and other fans.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=257022

Glad to see you're still trawling through the news about it :) I would be :)

Of course, now that you've had your long overdue success, next season most neutrals will see City as money bags bunch of mercenaries ;) So who's lined up in the transfer market? Van Pirshole would be a good buy... Some YaYa cover? (he so reminds me of Petit how he charges up the field - in a not french without a blonde pony tail kind of way!)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Black armbands and a minutes silence at Anfield 1st game of the season?  :slap:

Why, has Suarez called someone a n****r again?  :P

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Given the utter and total mendacity of footie fans - who do we want to be fucked off into the outer darkness that is the Europa Leagie?

Chelsea, and John Terry. Let's face it, the man's a cunt.

Tottenham Hotspur and Harry Redknapp. Let's face it, the man's a cunt.

This is a really tricky one however I think I've got the answer.

Bayern have to beat Chelsea because otherwise John Terry will actually get to lift the European Cup. Spurs may then get loads of money for qualifying (they'll have to win the qualifier first) but they aint ever gonna win the fucking thing so, however funny it would be to see the nightmare scenario unfold for 'onest 'arry, one must go for the lesser of two evils.

On the other hand you could see it as a win win anyway as one of the cunts is going to be disappointed whatever happens.

Now where are my Lederhosen?

tommytwotone

• forum hero

I'm liking them for a punt as well, with a bit of outside money on French...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

I'm liking them for a punt as well, with a bit of outside money on French...

While you're probably right that the Germans will do well at the Euros, think Jasper's meaning he'll be supporting Bayern against Chelsea. While I'd like to see Bayern win Chelsea lose my magic seaweed points to an Extra Time victory, here's hoping it's wrong.  It's a shame Terry isn't playing as he could get crocked ahead of the Euros, miss another penalty or make some calamitous mistake that he would always be remembered for, the European-Cup-Final's-greatest-own-goal-ever. or something.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
It's a shame Terry isn't playing as he could get crocked ahead of the Euros, miss another penalty or make some calamitous mistake that he would always be remembered for, the European-Cup-Final's-greatest-own-goal-ever. or something.

Strange you mention it - we were discussing just that this morning. I was saying that I'd have liked the poetic justice of him picking up some horrific groin injury. Potentially while launching the deciding penalty into row Z.

Duma

• forum hero
get. the. fuck. in.

:dance1:

Duma

• forum hero
and my boss is a spurs fan

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal