UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357826 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Via @david_conn "Blackburn messenger who warned of relegation shot after relegation":

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2764924,00.html

:wall:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
And finally (sorry galpinos) re Blackburn (for now anyway), conspiracy theories anyone?

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/973/conspiracy-theories-and-rovers/

:popcorn:

galpinos

• forum hero
That’s alright Jasper, you keep turning the knife. I’m sure you can get at least another quarter turn.

I’m currently (over optimistically) hoping there is a plan to get back up. Last time we went down I was pretty sure we had a chance to bounce back, this time, I’m not so sure. In fact, I’m worried about hammering down through the Championship and ending up in league one. All the “Nelson’s crook for the season, oh no, he’s signed for Spurs” malarkey, Kean not being allowed to play players in case they got a performance bonus and the Venky/Kean/Players agent conspiracy hasn’t help build confidence.

WWJD? (Jack)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It's all very murky.

Here's a bit of light relief for you. Police to question Man United over Bebe transfer:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/10/portugese-police-manchester-united-bebe-transfer

Insert your own jokes.

tomtom

• forum hero
Whoever gets the job isn't going to last long if the board continue to see what Barmby said as a reason to sack someone.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Hull-City-harsh-end-Nick-Barmby-sin-naivety/story-16030336-detail/story.html

What a joke.

Yup. A Reet mess.. Still the owners have put in £16 mill and Guarunteed c. £30 mill of loans... Still not had my season ticket renewal! :/

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

tomtom

• forum hero
Whoever gets the job isn't going to last long if the board continue to see what Barmby said as a reason to sack someone.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Hull-City-harsh-end-Nick-Barmby-sin-naivety/story-16030336-detail/story.html

What a joke.

Yup. A Reet mess.. Still the owners have put in £16 mill and Guarunteed c. £30 mill of loans... Still not had my season ticket renewal! :/

Looks like Billy Davies is the fave so far...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Because he's well known for not being outspoken or complaining about the owners.......  :-\

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
The poor lambs:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9258810/Manchester-United-have-cause-for-complaint-as-unique-survey-highlights-Premier-League-errors.html

Manchester United have cause for complaint as unique survey highlights Premier League errors
Manchester United would already be celebrating retaining their Premier League title, rather than preparing to surrender it to Manchester City, if every key refereeing decision had been made correctly this season, a study has shown.

tomtom

• forum hero
Because he's well known for not being outspoken or complaining about the owners.......  :-\

:) Not sure our stern Egyptian shipping magnate owners would like anyone more outspoken than Nick Barmby.. who shouts about as loudly as a very very quiet person asleep, locked in a soundproofed room orbiting the moon...

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-18033018

"MUFC have a strategic plan for the continuing enhancement of the area surrounding the stadium and this holistic vision includes hospitality, conference, retail and visitor facilities.

"The provision of third party facilities such as those proposed could undermine this vision to the detriment of its deliverability."

You have, have you?

As  opposed to Trafford Borough Council - the people elected to decide and propose any "strategic plan" for the area?http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-18033018

"MUFC have a strategic plan for the continuing enhancement of the area surrounding the stadium and this holistic vision includes hospitality, conference, retail and visitor facilities.

"The provision of third party facilities such as those proposed could undermine this vision to the detriment of its deliverability."

You have, have you?

Because I thought it was the likes of Trafford Borough Council who were the only people legally entitled to do that kind of thing.

Especially on land that a third-party business doesn't own or have any authority over.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
The poor lambs:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9258810/Manchester-United-have-cause-for-complaint-as-unique-survey-highlights-Premier-League-errors.html

Manchester United have cause for complaint as unique survey highlights Premier League errors
Manchester United would already be celebrating retaining their Premier League title, rather than preparing to surrender it to Manchester City, if every key refereeing decision had been made correctly this season, a study has shown.

Fucking hell.... I had to read it twice to make sure it wasn't a joke. 

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
So.

Given the utter and total mendacity of footie fans - who do we want to be fucked off into the outer darkness that is the Europa Leagie?

Chelsea, and John Terry. Let's face it, the man's a cunt.

Tottenham Hotspur and Harry Redknapp. Let's face it, the man's a cunt.

Tough call.

:-\

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Chelsea, and John Terry. Let's face it, the man's a cunt.

Tottenham Hotspur and Harry Redknapp. Let's face it, the man's a cunt.

Tough call.

:-\

Easy call. Spurs, because it will not give the Skunks the expectation that you have EL one year and then the CL the next year  ;D

Of course they will still expect to win the CL next year even though they are not in it  ;D

Me, bitter? No. Of course not  ;)

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Bloody hell - what a way to finish the season! At 86 minutes my mate Mike was screaming at the TV asking the ref to blow the whistle as he could endure no more. Half an hour later:

One happy "bastard" by blue-brad, on Flickr

Congratulations to City - I was sat with Mike in the Red Lion on Chesterfield Road when Ipswich sent City down I don't know how many years ago - if I had known then what I know now I might have been slightly magnanimous in our victory then...  ;)

tomtom

• forum hero
Incredible... The only tenser end to a season (personally) was 2007-8 when HCAFC managed to survive their first epl season.. I was screaming at the tv in a hotel room in Ontario...

Well done City - good to see you get rewards at long last.

tomtom

• forum hero
“It’s time to move on, Nicky’s gone, we need to get behind his successor.” Jesus Christ. I mean, Jesus fucking Christ. I await a measured response from you when your wife leaves you, as she surely will, to my words of commiseration, “Well she was a good lass, very bonny too, but she’s been gone hours now and she’s not coming back, it’s time you got over it and tried to snare someone else who you’ll like a lot less and will be much less good for you. Cheer up!” You people are fucking mad.

http://www.ambernectar.org/blog/2012/05/opinion-the-disastrous-dismissals-of-adam-and-nicky/

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:27:16 am by tomtom »

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Barton: "I still dont think it was a sending off"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18054142
He added: "The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take one of theirs with me. It never worked but god loves a trier."

:wank:

rich d

• forum hero
God may love a trier but I think Barton will find it hard to find the same attitude with the FA panel. At least he's full of attrition and realises what he did was unacceptable! What a first class tool, be interesting to see how long his ban is.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

tomtom

• forum hero
God may love a trier but I think Barton will find it hard to find the same attitude with the FA panel. At least he's full of attrition and realises what he did was unacceptable! What a first class tool, be interesting to see how long his ban is.

Even MrsTT (who is fairly neutral and works as a probation officer - so deals with scrotes all the time) commented "surely he should never play again"...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Interesting Hull article that tomtom. Seems nobody has a clue why they've done this to the club. Madness.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Congrats to Rich for winning the Fantasy League this season, third time lucky lad!  :thumbsup:

A disappointing 8th for me despite a strong start. Need to finish a bit more like Everton next season...

tomtom

• forum hero
Interesting Hull article that tomtom. Seems nobody has a clue why they've done this to the club. Madness.

Yup - seems the owners are great at running a Marine Generator business, but dont know much about a football club. Mind you, given the bonkers state of football finance, it could be that they are right and everyone else is wrong!

Still not had my season ticket renewal through... they'll be haemorraging punters at the moment....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal