UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358203 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
 :agree:

City were by far the better team last night.

Please, please don't screw it up now!

Strange goings on at Hull tomtom.  :shrug:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
In other news - Super Super Saints! I'm not really a dedicated fan, but got a very drunken call from my brother Saturday afternoon at the match and I think that's what he was saying.

:2thumbsup: few years since I lived down there, but good to see them go up. Hope they'll still play like that next year, and get the rewards for the ambition as Swansea have done. Would be pretty difficult to be a dedicated fan from Aberdeen Chris!

I'm originally from Daarzet, and used to go to the occasional match with my brother when I lived down south, but yeah, otherwise dedicate support would mean a lot ofc ommuting!

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
I have all fingers and toes crossed for City in the next 2 games! Loved seeing Ferguson getting as good as he gives by Mancini on the touchline  :boxing:

galpinos

• forum hero
I really enjoyed the match last night. City certainly deserved it, I don't think United actually had a chance on goal; they always seemed a man short up front. They left it too late to bring on Wellbeck and Young (has Young always been that skinny? He looks anorexic). City worked their socks off closing United down. I spent the whole match thinking United would only get one chance and they’d convert it. Glad they didn’t. My only criticism of City is they need a striker or they have to convince their players to actually shoot. All that possession and lovely build up play and the goal comes from a header from a corner.

I was pretty neutral at the start, just hoping for a good game of football, but the pub was a lot more red than usual (normally 50/50) and there was a group of total cuntish United supporters. I enjoyed watching the small cadre of City fans celebrating at the end as the Reds slunk out of the back door of the pub.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Andi Thomas on what happens when arseholes win football awards (feat. Ched Evans and Frank Lampard):

http://thefcf.co.uk/2012/05/01/it/17173/

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
A bit of good news with regard to football and money (for a change):

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/8544/38/

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Something of a growing inevitability over the last few weeks:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9681212.Quakers_to_leave_Darlington/

tomtom

• forum hero
Hodgson for England!! Better bet that Redknapp anyway IMO!

He'll be a headline writers favourite... "wally with the bwolly" etc.....

Pointless job. Pointless team. FA have somehow managed to make the poisoned chalice even worse....

Oh dear. I had hoped I would be wrong...  I like Roy, I wish him well in the job. The existing team seems to contain a fair few tossers and I hope he can whip them into shape...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
This book might be of interest to some The Fix by Declan Hill.

cofe

• forum hero
Toot toot! All aboard the Marina Hyde nail on the head common sense train

"And try as I might to overcome that undoubted affectation, there is just something unfortunate – upon which I could not possibly put my finger – about giving the job to a man who opened a Monaco bank account in the name of his dog."

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'm sick of her pinching all my ideas and writing them down immeasurably better than I ever could.

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
Hodgson for England!! Better bet that Redknapp anyway IMO!

He'll be a headline writers favourite... "wally with the bwolly" etc.....

Pointless job. Pointless team. FA have somehow managed to make the poisoned chalice even worse....

What a totally offensive front page ........

Oh dear. I had hoped I would be wrong...  I like Roy, I wish him well in the job. The existing team seems to contain a fair few tossers and I hope he can whip them into shape...

cofe

• forum hero
I'm sick of her pinching all my ideas and writing them down immeasurably better than I ever could.

I tell you what, if she was a man, and I was a woman.......

tomtom

• forum hero

I tell you what, if she was a man, and I was a woman.......

What about the beard?

cofe

• forum hero
she could borrow my clippers

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Was really nervous before the game with Newcastle on Sunday but City played like they wanted the title.  The Newcastle supporters were great according to the City fans I know who went to the game.

Just QPR now...... 44 years of waiting for a English league championship trophy.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
With the way Newcastle have been playing recently this was a big big test especially coming off the back of beating the scum. Impressive. Just don't fuck it up now!

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
SO lee clark favourite for the hull job.

What to expect ... hard to say. I guess it will depend on his back room staff.
Terry McDermot - He helped clark stay focussed did not seem to do much but except the odd interview when clark as having a bad time.
Derek Fazackerley - Noticably the players fitness dropped when he left to join Liecester.
Steve black - was a big influencer on clark and helped him keep the attrative positive football going. When he left for personal reasons (rumours he pissed off the chairman or called his a twat or something) the tactics went a little negative. Spoke to Steve a couple of times while he was setting up cones on the pitch for warm ups. Overly positive and put that into the players.

Managerial stats:
178 games 87 wins 51 draws lost 40 (mainly cup matches) 48.88%
Before this season the win rate was much higher he really struggled with his team leaving him.
I am also surprised at the number of games lost.

If he gets his full team in there for support it could be fantastic also if he has the backing of the chairman (who ever it maybe).

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Whoever gets the job isn't going to last long if the board continue to see what Barmby said as a reason to sack someone.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Hull-City-harsh-end-Nick-Barmby-sin-naivety/story-16030336-detail/story.html

What a joke.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal