UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357789 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yeah he is a cunt I was just kidding (and crowbarring in another great Marina article).

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
And here's a very nicely written view on the appointment from a Rotherham fan:

http://thetwounfortunates.com/rotherham-united-no-longer-the-same-club/

And here's tthe view of the Crawley players themselves:

Dr T

• forum hero
refereeing howlers and video play back
discuss....
again...

surely it's a no brainer  :worms:

tomtom

• forum hero
refereeing howlers and video play back
discuss....
again...

surely it's a no brainer  :worms:

I think it was actually alot closer than the ITV (knobend) commentators have said - the spurs defender on his arse in the goal poked it away with the sole of his boot.. to me it looked like it was 'on' the line...

But yes - camera's would have solved all of that... Chelski look like they want the game more than Spurs to me...

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Chelsea:

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2736577,00.html

Well said and well done at releasing this so quickly.

“Chelsea Football Club is extremely disappointed that a very small minority of fans embarrassed the club today by not honouring the moment's silence before kick-off.

“Chelsea FC believes all moments of respect should be honoured and today we pay our full respects to all those that suffered as a result of the Hillsborough disaster 23 years ago.”

Now take the next step and ban anyone involved you can identify from attending matches.

Dr T

• forum hero
Now take the next step and ban anyone involved you can identify from attending matches.
:agree:

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Neil Lennon,

Twat

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Random stuff in the post.

An application for a Rotherham United season ticket.

I shall have to ponder whether I want to take them up on this offer…

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Having chosen a shit captain for the last 2 weeks it looks like the ukb FF title is still up for grabs with week 36 looking a bit pivotal being a double game week. Good luck Ben and may the best luckiest person win  :boxing:

Dolly

• forum hero
My favourite moment from Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid last night (apart from the football - especially Robben who is ace IMO) was when Rob Hawthorne said in his West Midlands accent "Sergio Ramos - he likes a tackle"

Still making me smile this morning

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I was speaking with a blade at work about Ched evans potentially going to prison for a long time (see here)
It got me think how have so many of these fuckers got away with it?

The biggest shock was obviously woodgate http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1701493.stm more shockingly this was 2001 (makes sense as they were still in prem)

Gerrard caught on video attacking some one and gets away with it (Pay off?)

'onest 'arry blames the dog and gets away with it ...

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Great day of footie results yesterday though I felt sorry for the Wolves fans, getting relegated is horrible. 

I've also got tickets for the Mcr derby next Monday  :bounce:

A win ees very eempartant

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Why do I get the horrible feeling that you're going to beat them and then fuck it up?

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
That would be typical City, beat Utd, win at 4th place Newcastle then draw at home with QPR, the result denying City the league and relegating the visitors.

One game at a time though, beat Utd and it's on  :please:

Pretty pleased amazed with Blues making the playoffs after all that's happened, just hope we hold on for 4th or 5th now, feasible to beat Blackpool or Cardiff but wouldn't fancy West Ham (or Soton) over two legs.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
More than ever before the playoffs will be impossible to call.

They often throw up crazy results and all the talk of relative points differences or who goes into them "on a decent run" tends to mean absolutely nothing. This year it's even worse as there seems to have been more of a race not to get into the top six than to get into it (Brighton, Hull and Boro being perhaps the most guilty of this). The inconsistency shown by all the teams who will (or may) be contesting the playoffs mean "form" really does go out the window.

You'd say West Ham should be favourites (or Saints if they balls it up) but the pressure will be on them whereas (say) Cardiff, Blackpool and Birmingham will all just be feeling lucky / happy to have made it this far. Not only because West Ham have seemingly blown it from a position where automatic promotion should have been attained but because anything less than going up this season for them is a huge failure.

Should be interesting anyway.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Not sure if everyone's form is that bad. Blackpool have lost two of 10, the other three only one of ten. But all four clubs have recorded lots of draws.  We've drawn four on the trot but three of those were away and at least two we'd have taken the point beforehand.  Biggest downside is that we lead I them all and conceded late in them all, whether that's a sign that 59 games and counting is catching up with us I don't know.

Should be interesting anyway and the usual lottery, a wrongful sending off, four goals in 10 crazy minutes and a misjudged attempt on goal when the corner flag beckoned in the 92nd minute of the 2nd leg all spring to mind from consecutive seasons just over 10 years ago.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
What a douche!

:wank:

Guess it proves Chelsea are better with out him? Wonder if England will follow suit?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
What a cunt.

Duma

• forum hero
Terry is an odious twat, and I'm glad he'll miss the final, but it's saddening to see the only two posts on last night's game are about him, and not the astonishing defensive display put on by the rest of the team. show's how much we're hated  suppose. Anyway, best team in the world? Can't beat 6th place in the premier leage with ten men and no central defenders. Gutted for Ramires, his goal was great.

:great: :bounce: :dance1: :clap2:

Dolly

• forum hero
Yes Ramires did score a great goal.
Yes Barca should have tried to do something different.
But, Chelsea did have 9 men within 20 yards of the goal line - ie as the supremely irritating, one dimensional Gary Neville pointed out -it was more like a training exercise than a football match. For obvious understandable reasons of course Chelsea weren't  trying to score.
The reason I can't stand Chelsea is because of their collective arrogance. As you rightly say Terry is an odious twat, as is Cole. Lampard is a different sort of twat and despite being a great footballer, Drogba is a cheat. Remember Ballack as well.
I wanted Barca to win right until the end and I'm gutted they're out.

Duma

• forum hero
But, Chelsea did have 9 men within 20 yards of the goal line . For obvious understandable reasons of course Chelsea weren't  trying to score.

So what? they're trying to win, not to entertain. I love the way Barca play too, but they weren't good enough. I appreciate that the neutral wants to see attractive football, but if that's not effective (even against a massively weakened team) then the issue is with the attackers, or the rules of the game, not those playing to their strengths to try and win. Drogba is no more or less a cheat than loads of footballers, some of whom play for barca. he gets stick cos he's big and strong, and doesn't play that 'pretty' - somehow this disallows him from making the most of every tackle. I'm not defending it, but it's certainly true of many other players who get nothing like the stick he does. Cole is offensive as a person, but is a great footballer, and not a cheat. Terry is a twat off the field, but that hardly disqualifies him from professional football, I'm glad he'll miss the final because of his actions on it. Barca couldn't score for 45 min at home against 10 men and no centre backs - they didn't deserve to go through.

It was an epic performance against the odds by an english team and the only comments on here are gloating at Terry's red card, that was my issue

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I don't support teams in Europe just because they're English. In fact while there might be certain teams I would support Chelsea against, I'd never support Man United whoever they were playing.

Dolly

• forum hero
But, Chelsea did have 9 men within 20 yards of the goal line . For obvious understandable reasons of course Chelsea weren't  trying to score.

So what? they're trying to win, not to entertain. I love the way Barca play too, but they weren't good enough. I appreciate that the neutral wants to see attractive football, but if that's not effective (even against a massively weakened team) then the issue is with the attackers, or the rules of the game, not those playing to their strengths to try and win. Drogba is no more or less a cheat than loads of footballers, some of whom play for barca. he gets stick cos he's big and strong, and doesn't play that 'pretty' - somehow this disallows him from making the most of every tackle. I'm not defending it, but it's certainly true of many other players who get nothing like the stick he does. Cole is offensive as a person, but is a great footballer, and not a cheat. Terry is a twat off the field, but that hardly disqualifies him from professional football, I'm glad he'll miss the final because of his actions on it. Barca couldn't score for 45 min at home against 10 men and no centre backs - they didn't deserve to go through.

It was an epic performance against the odds by an english team and the only comments on here are gloating at Terry's red card, that was my issue

Ok fair enough. I don't really disagree with anything you say (apart from maybe Drogba) I even agree that Chelsea deserved to go through. I just don't see much to celebrate in that fact really.

tomtom

• forum hero
Kerching.... £45million for Champoins league TV revenue for Chelski..
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/25/chelsea-record-tv-money-windfall

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
I was supprting Chelsea if it's any consolation. Mainly in the hope of seeing them come up against Jose in the final and beating him... but I reckon Bayern could be too strong and catch Real on the counter tonight.

It was a good effort and incredible to see Fernando find his way between those 2 white sticks!

The only british team I would wish ill in Europe would be the scum.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal