UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1360597 times)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Quote from: Jan the Man
the players taking on board the managers principles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17533203

“It's not clear what sparked this free for all…”

No comment.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Quote from: Jan the Man
the players taking on board the managers principles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17533203

“It's not clear what sparked this free for all…”

No comment.

Bollocks.

HighlandPark o'clock already, and as a result he's quoting verbatim from another messageboard.

Dr T

• forum hero
 :wall:
Why do the Barca players feel the need to continually dive and play act like fools
They're clearly one of, if not the, most talented squads in the world.
If they just play they'll win by a mile most times but the play acting takes the piss.
And the fact that the itv commentary team fawn over them like lovelorn teenagers...
 :wall:

rich d

• forum hero
The constant diving, play acting, ref baiting, cheating on every decision has progressively ruined my enjoyment of football. The fact that the commentators/pundits don't even comment on it and just constantly tug one off over the microphone for whoever is the greatest player/team today/minute/second makes it even worse. The over hyping of every single game makes it worse. The fact that the refs have all the rules to stamp out what's wrong with the game, but don't makes it worse. The fact that I'm a Leeds and England fan makes the whole thing fucking unbearable. (Thank fuck for rugby league)

tomtom

• forum hero
Feck, am I watching a different game? - for me its enthralling!

I'm loving the possession dinky footy of Barca vs the more cynical regimented, compact Milan..

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Got round to watching this last night:

It's really good and even kept the not that into football Mrs S interested.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
He plays he scores
Striker available in june by then will have 40 goals in a season. Place bets on where and how much he goes for?
I reckon Fulham £5m will get a regular spot in the team and could link up welll with dempsey

Jordan Rhodes just can't stop scoring (thankfully) good lad too met him a few time and played football with his brother. He has currently scored 37 (or 38 if he can claim that other one last night) in 36 games.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
The "Henry Kissinger is a cunt" view needs no ammunition as it's correct. But....

http://www.channel4.com/news/dr-henry-kissinger-and-footballs-longest-unsolved-riddle

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Dr T

• forum hero
An interesting (if old - so apologies if it's been up before) view on atmospheres inside English grounds
Maybe a little over simplistic but there are elements of truth there.
I haven't been to loads of grounds but the best I've ever been to in terms of atmosphere is certainly Dortmund's Westfalenstadion
Was there for a friendly against Real where they got hammered but it was still amazing - I wasn't in die Südtribün but we had got seats within spitting distance of it and the atmosphere was immense.
I know the seating vs standing debate has raged forever but it does seem to work there - possible as it is semi-penned in.
If the premier league is "the best in the world" it would be fitting to have the cauldron atmosphere's of the Westfalenstadion or the San Siro to match but I doubt that will ever come to pass....

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
So.

Rovvrum.

Evans.

Then?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Worth revisiting this I think:

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=8698

I don't know anything about the current setup at Rotherham (other than that they have a shiny new ground in the pipeline) but this seems a very odd move to say the least.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
And here's a very nicely written view on the appointment from a Rotherham fan:

http://thetwounfortunates.com/rotherham-united-no-longer-the-same-club/

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
The Importance of Being “King Kenny”:

To lose one goalkeeper before an FA Cup semi-final smacks of misfortune.

To lose two smacks of carelessness.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Man City have West Brom at home tonight. Let's see if we can regain some fight and dignity after the implosion that was Sunday.

I fear Mancini has sown seeds of discontent in the dressing room through his backing of Balotelli all season and playing Tevez ahead of Dzeko on Sunday. 

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'm still trying to work out how we lost to Reading last night. After a few poor performances we pulled out probably our best game of the season and battered the best side in the division for long periods. We'd already had two decent penalty appeals turned down before they scored from an outrageous deflection and continued in similar fashion after the goal with only the angle of bounce off the bar keeping them in it.

Then, when we finally got a penalty the usually so reliable Ashley Barnes decided to alter his run up to one step and knocked it wankly to their keeper (ok it was a decent save). Even after this we created loads of chances but the Reading goalie was having the game of his life and we just couldn't beat him.

I'm not complaining as we've ridden our luck plenty this season and nicked plenty of points with late goals but still, it was a crazy game. Anyway, it goes to show that we are capable of mixing it with the best in the league and that we need to hang on to Vicente and keep him fit as he's not just the best player in the Championship but when he's on form he's on a completely different level to anyone else.

Snoops

• obsessive maniac
Man City have West Brom at home tonight. Let's see if we can regain some fight and dignity after the implosion that was Sunday.

I fear Mancini has sown seeds of discontent in the dressing room through his backing of Balotelli all season and playing Tevez ahead of Dzeko on Sunday.
Whilst I don't disagree with you, Mancini often reverts to his Italian style as was the case on Sunday.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Not precisely football, but Nigel Worthington produced a gem of a mixed metaphor on 5Live a night ago:

"Except for Newcastle. no-one's grabbed the baton by the scruff of the neck and put their stamp on it"

Genius.... on a related note, does anyonewant to fund a study into whether there's an aspect of the game that destroys the brain's language centres, particularly the ability to use "-ally" adverbs  ("he kicked that fantastic").  Is it just a general footballers' work-related disability, do Itallian / Spanish footballers have analagous symptoms?  If not, it must be peculiar to the English game; maybe all the big defensive headers and headed knock-downs.  A quick loan of an MRI scanner should sort it out.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Looks like someone's a bit miffed…

Peter Harrison:

http://www.mannyroad.co.uk/component/k2/item/105-peter-harrison-an-open-letter-to-phil-gartsi

https://twitter.com/#!/agentH058

He really doesn't like Allardyce, Redknapp (père), or Phils Gartside and Brown, does he?

[Far too much RATS to repeat it all here]

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
As Damien Comolli leaves Liverpool for "family reasons" an interesting article about him:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/12/damien-comolli-liverpool-arsene-wenger

And a very interesting one on the "Moneyball" tactics which he may have advocated at Liverpool:

http://tomkinstimes.com/2012/04/moneyball-statistics-and-damien-comolli/

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
They got rid of the wrong man. they need to get that cunt ian ayre back out of football!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal