UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357840 times)

mark s

• junky
On Twitter yesterday it was all #prayformuamba and thanking god he was still alive.a fair insult to the doctors who actually saved his life.

philo

• forum hero
I agree, I hate pascal's wager

philo

• forum hero
On a side note, has anyone got any figures on the numbers of heart attacks that happen to footballers?  I can remember a few occasions where players have had this happned on the pitch.  Some one linked me a really sad video on youtube which is not for the feint hearted.

NSFW  :

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
On Twitter yesterday it was all #prayformuamba and thanking god he was still alive.a fair insult to the doctors who actually saved his life.

There are worse things to say on Twitter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17416472

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
The Daisy Cutter has printed an 'Open letter to The Scum ' today ....... Well worth reading ..........

I'd post a link, but I'm a complete fuckwit when it comes to that there kind of thing ....... 

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
Aye .... That's the one ....... Cheers youth ...... 

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Possibly more a topic for Room 101, but anyone else really hacked off with this continued myth of Fergie's "mind games"?

Now, although as a Leeds fan, I have a congenital dislike for Man Utd, I have a lot of respect for Fergie as a manager.  The way he has succesfully rebuillt his teams and coped with the increase in player power is impressive.  It suggests he is a more subtle and progressive individual than the supposedly more forward thinking likes of Wenger - whose attitudes now look a little adrift of the modern world.

But.... that's no fucking excuse for his every fucking utterance being treated by journalists as a genius piece of mental warfare.  Often Fergies' rantings are just bad tempered responses to criticism.  Akin to the sulky response of a put-upon child.  References to rivals are nearly always blatant attempts to deflect attention from his own failings.  Yet journalists choose to treat them as gnomic proof of a game being played in a rarified mental dimension.... a tactical space crafted from pure thought and whisky fumes..... fawning fuckwits. 

There are only two Sir Alex statements: (i) "Our rival says we're crap...well I think they're crap and will lose"; (ii) "Our rival says we're great, well I think they're even better but can't slip up ".  Any rival who is genuinely discombobulated by those shouldn't be trusted with a toaster let alone a football team.  Yet football pundits treat the repetition of those two themes like Cold War analysts regarding signals fromthe Kremlin..... tossers.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Nice rant Moose.... It's only to get worse from here on in.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yes and it all goes back to Keegan who was hardly the most difficult person to wind up.

Dr T

• forum hero
Saurez is a disgrace to football - if he wants to use his hands he should have gloves on otherwise that should have been a sending off and a ban.

philo

• forum hero
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 01:17:09 pm by philo »

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

tomtom

• forum hero
Its a superb finish...

Sadly being Sjoke its at the end of a route 1 move rather than 20 odd passes....

Good few games for BHAFC Jasper... I'd have said you were out of it a few weeks ago and we were firmly in the playoffs.. look at how it all turns around... ho hum.... still, Wigan, Blackburn and loBnot will be easy grounds to get to from MrsTT's... ;)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It's funny we seem to be two different teams at the moment. Absolutely brilliant at home (the Derby game was probably our best performance of the season) and shocking away but still spawning a few points. Forest would have been seriously robbed if they hadn't got that 94th minute equaliser on Saturday, we had one shot on target (we undeservedly beat them 1-0 at the Amex too!).

I honestly don't mind that much if we make the playoffs or not. It would be great and an amazing achievement but whatever happens this has been the best season ever to be a Brighton fan and we have seriously punched above our weight. We had something like the 14th biggest budget in the division and are currently 4th.

Still very much all to play for tomtom. I think it will go down to the last day. Great stuff!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
With apologies to FD. What a fucking goal by Crouch:

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2012/03/24/video-peter-crouch-goal-vs-man-city-stoke-march-2012-volley-goal-video/

:bow:

No apologies needed. I don't think there's a City fan who would disagree with you - goal of the season contender for sure.  Just a shame we don't seem to start playing until we're one-nil down at the moment.

tomtom

• forum hero
#3942 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
March 26, 2012, 04:54:42 pm
Mourinho will sort that out next season ;)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
The next England manager - an idiot speaks:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17521225

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
When football becomes rugby union.
Sounds like it got abit interesting at full time at valley parade (:shit:). Not seen the footage but supposed to be a proper brawl not the usual pushing and handbags.
Sadfud kick off
 :boxing:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

tomtom

• forum hero
#3946 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
March 28, 2012, 02:47:13 pm
My giveafuckometer (tm) registers 0.000237 out of 10 concerning any news at all about England football team..

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
The news is more the utter bollocks pouring from Magic Al's mouth than it relating to England. Every time you think he surely can't say anything more stupid he surpasses himself!

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
the utter bollocks pouring from Magic Al's mouth

It's those incredibly tight trousers he wears on MOTD...

tomtom

• forum hero
the utter bollocks pouring from Magic Al's mouth

It's those incredibly tight trousers he wears on MOTD...

He has no balls to squeeze...

Its probably best for all that Dwight Yorke doesnt have a regular tight trousered pundits spot on national TV. Though Mrs TT may start more than feigning interest for MOTD if that were to happen..

(though my MOTD balance is now firmly in the pink after playing on the computer watching the Dancing on Ice final with MrsTT..)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal