UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357770 times)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
What have we sacked already :great:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
this is supposed  to be velly intelesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01d7kd7

Yes I read a great review of that sometime last year. I'll be setting the magic box to record.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
 Ah yes I remember posting the trailer for this. Good heads up rs.

tomtom

• forum hero
#3878 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
March 04, 2012, 01:45:38 pm
Just said on bbc1 that AVB has 'parted company' with CFC...

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Always likely to be a bit of a Clough to Leeds scenario wasn't it?

There's only one man with the respect of that group of players, are they waiting to see if he's available come the summer?

tomtom

• forum hero
RRRRRR RRRRRR RRRRRR RRRRRR RRRRRRR RAFA BENITIZ!!!

Laugh, I nearly pissed myself...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Good deconstruction of 'onest 'arry's achievements 'ere .

Dr T

• forum hero
Good deconstruction of 'onest 'arry's achievements 'ere .
Interesting read though it did miss out managing to almost unite Saint's and Pompy fans in a mutual hatred of the man - an achievement in itself...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Doncaster Rovers 1997/98. The worst team in league history:

http://thetwounfortunates.com/hopeless-football-league-teams-7-doncaster-rovers-1997/98:

Excellent writing, I remember the season well. The first one groundsharing with Gillingham, we were actually worse than the previous season when the last gasp draw at Hereford stopped us dropping out of the league (and sent them down) but thanks to Donny we survived again. We were really shit but they were worse!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Newcastle United turn a profit.

Or "did Mike Ashley know what he was doing all along"?*

*No of course he fucking didn't.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Breaking news first person ever has failed the fit and proper person test
turns out Craig whyte is not a person.  :alien:

Plattsy

• forum hero
Probably an oldie but I've not heard it before.

Cristiano Ronaldo: "God sent me to earth to show people how to play football".
Lionel Messi: "I never sent anybody"

galpinos

• forum hero
It’s a big weekend for those of us wallowing at the bottom of the PL. We’ve got Wolves away and Bolton are hosting QPR. Hopefully the northwest will prevail and the mighty Blackburn and Bolton will eek themselves out a little breathing space. Being out of the relegation zone on goal difference isn’t comforting; some points would be much appreciated.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I thought Blackburn fans hated Bolton?  :shrug:

galpinos

• forum hero
I thought Blackburn fans hated Bolton?  :shrug:

I’m not really that kind of fan, there’s no team I hate. I like to see all the teams in the North West (bar the scousers) do well enough to stay in the PL. I’d prefer Wigan to stay up than Bolton, they play a lot more attractive football, but I think they’re a lost cause.

Don't get me wrong, beating a local rival in a derby match is great, but if they go down, then there's no more derby matches. I'd prefer Bolton to stay up and have Blackburn hammer them twice a season than them go down.

It wasn’t long ago the Premier League was made up of teams only from the North West and London (nearly, and I’m including the scousers this time).

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Don't get me wrong, beating a local rival in a derby match is great, but if they go down, then there's no more derby matches. I'd prefer Bolton to stay up and have Blackburn hammer them twice a season than them go down.

Yeah that's how I feel about Palace. A healthy attitude I reckon and better than that which many fans have (e.g. witness some of the comments from Southampton supporters on articles about Pompey's demise).

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
We generally do shit in Tyne-Wear derbys so I don't have that comfort. Hence I would be happy to see the Skunks go down to the Conference. And of course they have some kind of "we are one of the biggest clubs around" mentality. No you are not, you have won nearly fuck all ever, a couple of FA Cups 60 years ago and a Fairs Cup. We have won more League titles than Chelsea or Man City but I don't think we are one of the biggest clubs around.

On the other hand we generally have the upper hand over the Smoggies and are far more likely to be above them in any table, so quite happy if they got promoted.

;D

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
This might have already been posted, but if not, its worth watching. Seven minutes of footballing genius.

:popcorn:

As for MCFC today  :spank:.... What was I saying earlier on this season about us dinking the ball around and not attacking.  FFS  :wall:.  Utd are going to be 4 pts clear by the time we play our next game.

tomtom

• forum hero
#3894 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
March 11, 2012, 07:55:42 pm
All down to the derby then! Prepare of Sky hype overload!

Dr T

• forum hero
As for MCFC today  :spank:.... What was I saying earlier on this season about us dinking the ball around and not attacking.

As I said earlier in the season - you buy all the gunners you'll end up sounding like a gooner...  :lol:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Dead right.  I think if we scroll back a few pages you'll find me moaning about playing like Arsenal against Arsenal.  Nasri FFS  :slap:

galpinos

• forum hero
Hopefully the northwest will prevail and the mighty Blackburn and Bolton will eek themselves out a little breathing space.

BOOM! We've now got Sunderland (H) and Bolton (A) as the next two matches so I'm hoping for at least 4 points from these. After that we've got some big teams to deal with.

On a side note, I can't see us hanging onto Junior Hoilett over the summer!

tomtom

• forum hero
Good result Galpinos - From this neutrals perspective, from the bottom 5 I hope Blackburn stay up. Not out of any great allegience etc.. more that Keane has had so much shit this season, I'd love to see him confound the nay-sayers and keep them up...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
If Man United win the league this season then it really shows the Premiership up for what it is. A stagnating swamp of cash and very little else.

When I've seen them play this season The Scum have been mostly appalling but have managed to do the usual and spawn / grind out results. I find it unbelievable that so much money can be chucked at the league and that's still the best we can produce.

It's embarrassing actually. Come on City FFS.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal