UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358214 times)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#3800 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 15, 2012, 03:30:19 pm
Been there and done it last manager to get us out of this league.
Not many managers have his record of getting teams promoted in the lower leagues

As I previously said he is the best manager town have had since I have supported them. But its a shocking list

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#3801 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 15, 2012, 03:43:31 pm
Fair enough, I was also surprised to see Steve Bruce mentioned favourite for Wolves after the slating he got folowing his Sunderland sacking.  I guess employing a proven lower league manager is one thing, despite his shortcomings at a higher level, but a PL team going in for Bruce would surely be madness.

Still a lot to do at Darlo then, that many shares could be quite tricky to shift.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#3802 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 15, 2012, 04:07:40 pm
don't care where brucey ends up as long as it is not town he is high up on my town worst manager list ... Geroge fucking donis what was he thinking?

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

Dr T

• forum hero
#3804 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 15, 2012, 07:39:32 pm
scarf on
Optimisum at usual Gooner levels
 :popcorn:

tomtom

• forum hero
#3805 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 15, 2012, 07:43:51 pm
scarf on
Optimisum at usual Gooner levels
 :popcorn:

OK, what is optimism at usual Gooner levels?
Guessing by 5live phone in's, its utter desolation after winning 1:0, moaning about Walcott and rambling about Wenger being your favourite person ever ever ever but sack him.... with some Oxlade-Chamberlin love fest coupled to an Arshavin lynching?? Mind you, at least most Gooners are from London - just like most ManU fans, except at least the club is based in london ;)

I'm tuned in, but my waters say 0:0... you never know though...

Dr T

• forum hero
#3806 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 15, 2012, 07:51:13 pm
Levels = need 5 minutes to check which Arsenal turns up
To probably mis-quote the Milan manager
the brillant or the scared....

Always fear the worst and love it when it doesn't happen

as for Wenger - le Professor has my backing

and yes Arshavin does get my goat at times but given his skill going forward he could get back in my good books with a tackle or two....

Actually liking the look of the back four - lets hope they stay injury free for 90 mins

Dr T

• forum hero
#3807 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 15, 2012, 07:58:41 pm
Plus I remember what the unpronouncable/unspellable Swede did to us when in Barca colours...

Dr T

• forum hero
#3808 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 15, 2012, 08:46:39 pm
1st was awesome... :bow:
2nd was definitely off-side...  >:(

tomtom

• forum hero
#3809 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 15, 2012, 08:51:29 pm
Yup first was superb. Game of two halves though...

Dr T

• forum hero
#3810 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 15, 2012, 08:56:00 pm
Yup first was superb. Game of two halves though...
you were saying.....  :'(

tomtom

• forum hero
#3811 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 15, 2012, 09:24:50 pm
I'll get me coat...

Master chef time..

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#3812 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 16, 2012, 07:55:30 am
okay news about why Lee Clark may have been sacked from the from the inside (sort of):

Rumours I have heard none of these may be true:
He had applied to leeds job - from some one who works at the stadium (calendar reported that one apparently also)
He had been talking to liecester all along when he said he was not - again from some one from the stadium
Been seen in a mess regually in a week day after talking to a pint in a shitty pub
Abusing the white powder - originally told by a mate his daughter hasd seen him snorting coke up in newcastle about 18 months ago. Someone else told me it had be come a problem yesterday.

As I said though none of these may be true and just rumours.

People thoughts from twitter:
Neil warnock is bookies and fans favourite. Last time he left it was because of a fall out with the chairman at the time in the summer after gettin promotion.
Andrew Gail YCCC captain (big town fan):
interesting day of sport, people who don't watch town will see the clark sacking as madness but real fans can see why. Get behind hoyle.
also he replied to some one when asked for details: average performances, chop and changing, chairman is gambeling for the run in.

LMA are involved and trying to discuss the reason for sacking Clarky with the owner and how they are going to dis miss him i.e. pay out gardening leave, etc (reason dependant I guess), local rep for LMA Terry Dolan (Ex player and was at Sheff U match as a fan).

I am pretty interested to know the true reason why he got sacked but more important that we get back on track. We have a nice long gap till the next match (exerter at home 25/02) so plenty of time. Local BBC radio bloke has said he does not believe we are in a hurry to replace him.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak

Plattsy

• forum hero
#3815 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2012, 09:39:24 am
BBC are reporting Mandaric is interested in Rangers. I don't think one person/company can own two English league clubs can they? Does that include SPL though?

tomtom

• forum hero
#3816 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2012, 11:31:30 am
Pompey gone into administration...

again..

tomtom

• forum hero
#3817 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2012, 11:32:46 am
BBC are reporting Mandaric is interested in Rangers. I don't think one person/company can own two English league clubs can they? Does that include SPL though?

For Rangers fans, I suspect the only sentence that could send a larger shiver down the spine than "Mandaric is interested in Rangers" would be "Mandaric and Peter Risdale are interested in Rangers"...

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#3818 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2012, 11:40:27 am
 :-\ The day pompey go into admin for the second time in a short number of years Milan Manderic shows an interest in buying another football club  :-\

He must be on the list of people in football who should not be allowed anything to with football along with Sepp Blatter?

tomtom

• forum hero
#3819 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2012, 11:46:14 am
:-\ The day pompey go into admin for the second time in a short number of years Milan Manderic shows an interest in buying another football club  :-\

He must be on the list of people in football who should not be allowed anything to with football along with Sepp Blatter?

The mind boggles at this Grubes...

Plattsy

• forum hero
#3820 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2012, 12:04:11 pm

The mind boggles at this Grubes...
Lest you forget he stopped Wednesday going into administration and paid off all our debt. What future holds I can't say but for the time being we're clearly in a better position financially than we were.
The club have announced the BBC report is a load of old tosh. We shall see.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#3822 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2012, 12:47:58 pm
rumours now going round that new manager will be announced at tea time tonight

rich d

• forum hero
#3823 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2012, 05:05:53 pm
Betfred and a couple of other sites have suspended betting on the new leeds manager, Whorecocks odds have gone 1/3. Hopefully it's wrong - you're welcome to him Grubes. 

Plattsy

• forum hero
#3824 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2012, 05:41:09 pm
Posted by a mate on FB.

On The Fall Of Fabio Capello.

by Gildas the Monk

AND LO!

The kingdom of Ing-er-land was in ferment and distress and everywhere the people were afflicted by pestilence, the Danes, the Germans, the Franks and even the Andorreans! For no great King could be found to lead our brave albeit somewhat overpaid useless and stupid lads to any effect in battle!

Many years ago in the year of 966 it had seemed that Ing-er-land would be swallowed whole by the barbarians, and King Sir Alf the Great was forced to live in a boggy hole and live on a diet of burned cakes! And yet with the Will of God he rallied his reeves, thanes and lampreys and in a tactically astute wingless formation routed the invading Teutons at the Battle of Wemberly (4-2) and Ing-er-land was TOP NATION!

But then sad years of decline followed, for King Sir Alf The Great became old and frail, and no Good King could be found to replace him, and the land was wasted and there was no harvest of cups and trophies, but only failure and non qualifications! Oh folly!

Oh the groans of the Ing-er-lish to be afflicted so! My son!

And so the Witan, which is the Council of so called Wise Men of the FA, meaning "those who were blazers", did convene again and again to choose a new King who could rescue the land of the Ing-er-lish from despair and yet ever their choice was unrighteous and ill counselled! For no man could be found who could be King and manage the lads.

For their first choice was Ron of the Green Wood, but he was too fat and had no personality at all.

For their next choice was Bobby, Rob’s Son, but although he was brave and noble, he was most unlucky in battle, and they betrayed him, and yet he became much beloved of the Common Wield when he grew old.
For their next choice was Graham the Tailor Man, but he was castigated by a plague of turnips, and grew sad and old. But once again he became beloved of the Common Wield.

And then there was Glenn the Confessor, in whom much promise of technical kingship was spoke of, but he devoted himself the Religious Way, and it is said that he made his Household Troops pray 23 hours a day, and wear strange and mystical symbols, and he was accused of WICCA CRAFT and deposed!

And there was Terry the Disqualified, who although cunning in battle was sly, and prone to [illegible].

And there was Kevin, Prince of Scunthorpe, who had been a valiant warrior in his youth, but died of a surfeit of shell suits and nerves.

And all the while the Danes and Germans and Franks and Brazilians went freely where they wished in our penalty area and scored when they wished and took our silver and there was no one to contest them on the field of battle. And the Land was sad!

For when the ball was in the midfield our midfielders were in their penalty box. And when the ball was in our penalty box our players were in the midfield! And so great silver was granted to others and none to our lads!

And worse still, in all this time the country was effected by a plague of ill luck. Omens of evil in the form of fiery dragons of storms smote the land, there were blood red sunsets. And this proved true as we won not one penalty shoot out, for there was evil in the air, and the people were sore afflicted.

AND so it came to pass that there was no Ing-er-lish man left to lead the country of Ing-er-land! And the so called wise men of the Witan at the FA donned their blazers and ties and at last chose a foreign King, Sven the Boneless from Scandinavia, to heal the country.

And yea, he was smooth and oily, and both men and women did fall prey to his Scandinavian charm. But as a former weather girl discovered, he did promise much and yet deliver little, and when battle was truly joined he was found to be dull and uninspired, and sod all use, frankly, and once again the nation of the Ing-er-lish were put to the sword.

And for all this the Witan of the FA did pay a great price of silver and gold known now as "Sven’s Geld". And every man and woman in In-ger-land did pay much.

And so in disarray did these so called wise man turn to an Ing-er-lish man, Steve the Wally, but it was no use, and he was sent into exile in the land of the Dutch.

And so once again the land of the Ing-er-lish was in turmoil, and once again the Witan of the FA turned to a foreign king, Count Fabio of Tuscany, and a huge wagon of silver, nearly 400,000 pounds in weight, was raised and sent to persuade him. And he came with great ranks of advisors and there seemed to be no end of their number and of their number there were too many to be counted. And all were to be paid!

Duke Fabio was stern of countenance and had proved strong in war. And yet when he was King he treated his men with disdain, and he was Tactillium Fuckwittardus, which means from the Latin that he did not set his team up right, and unnready, which is in Old English "ill counselled", "bad counselled", and unwilling to speak in the tongue of the Ing-er-lish, his subjects and those who paid him tons! Oh unhappy people!

And when his men went into battle against the hated Teuton they were massacred, and the nation groaned. And he spoke not in Ing-er-lsih yet.

Yet curiously of this the Witan of the FA said nothing at all . But when his Captain, John of Chelsea was accused of calling someone "a nasty little Mercian sh*t" there was a great furore, for there can be no worse insult than calling someone a Mercian. And at last Fabio behaved with honour and defended Terry, who had as yet been convicted of no offence.

And yet it came to pass that having spent all the Gold and Silver on these ill counselled Kings, the Witan sent Fabio into Exile. With more gold!

But by God’s great mercy, there strode forth Harry Ironsides, a mighty warrior and chirpy son on Ing-er-land who had been undergoing a little difficulty about the small matter of £183,000 in an offshore bank account.

The king is dead. Long live the King!

VIVAT! VIVAT! VIVAT!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal