UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357818 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#3750 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 10, 2012, 05:23:03 pm
Brilliant :-)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#3751 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 10, 2012, 07:12:58 pm
Henry goes back across the pond next week. Why can't he fuck off on the early flight tomorrow  ;)

Hopefully he will save his adding to his legend until the CL game next midweek and not bring this mackem back down to earth tomorrow.

Dr T

• forum hero
#3752 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 11, 2012, 04:54:46 pm
Henry goes back across the pond next week. Why can't he fuck off on the early flight tomorrow  ;)

Hopefully he will save his adding to his legend until the CL game next midweek and not bring this mackem back down to earth tomorrow.

:dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:

can we at least agree on a weird hope from me - that the magpies lose this evening  :icon_beerchug:
(can't bring myself to type that I hope the winners of the evening match are......)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:00:47 pm by Dr T »

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#3753 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 11, 2012, 05:57:41 pm
The Skunks losing would indeed make the day less bad. They are 3-0 down after 30 minutes  :thumbsup:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#3754 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 11, 2012, 07:56:55 pm
The Skunks losing would indeed make the day less bad. They are 3-0 down after 30 minutes  :thumbsup:
things got even better for you, I also had adebayor in my fantasy football sadly not captain. Need a dzeko hat trick tomorrow

Good day out with Jasper today to Elland road great result too
 :clap2:

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#3755 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 11, 2012, 08:11:39 pm
A most enjoyable day spent in "That Leeds" in the company of

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=5400

and

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=1684

Thank you both very much indeed, gentlemen.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#3756 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 11, 2012, 08:22:35 pm
Hell freezes over

Taggart is right:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16996567

rich d

• forum hero
#3757 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 01:47:44 am
Hell freezes over

Taggart is right:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16996567
Fuck me hell freezes over twice - I agree with you after a Leeds loss (which you seemed to be at!!!) and Ferguson is right!!! First time since the scum played Galatasary that I've wanted them to win, I think Liverpool haven't done the right thing at all since the accusations first came to light.

Plattsy

• forum hero
#3758 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 08:12:50 am
Does Evra lower his hand at 38seconds? It looks like he does to me. I agree Suarez is a tool but can't help think he's been set up here a little.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#3759 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 08:26:53 am
Slightly but the hand is still there motd went over it from several angles suarez just skips him

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#3760 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 08:41:52 am
Suarez has his hand out to shake, Evra moves his hand away so Suarez doesn't shake it, then grabs his arm as if he is the injured party.  Cheating scum  :furious:

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
#3761 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 09:10:12 am
Suarez has his hand out to shake, Evra moves his hand away so Suarez doesn't shake it, then grabs his arm as if he is the injured party.  Cheating scum  :furious:

Andy mate that's the total opposite to what the opinion of the general unbiased view is. your opinion is the first ive heard of many that sees it this way.

Cheers
Tim

Dr T

• forum hero
#3762 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 09:19:39 am
Does Evra lower his hand at 38seconds? It looks like he does to me. I agree Suarez is a tool but can't help think he's been set up here a little.
hmmm the more I see it the more I'm inclined to agree...
who knows what's going on in their heads  :shrug:
maybe the prematch handshakes should just be binned
from time to time they seem more of a story than the game
 :worms:

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#3763 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 09:57:05 am

Andy mate that's the total opposite to what the opinion of the general unbiased view is. your opinion is the first ive heard of many that sees it this way.

Cheers
Tim

Tim, who benefits from the lack of the handshake? If the handshake had happened then it would appear that Evra had forgiven Suarez for what he claims was said to him. The fact is that Evra didn't go to shake Suarez's hand (watch the vids carefully, Suarez had his hand out, Evra makes no move towards him) but made it look like he was the innocent party just puts Evra in a good light and makes Suarez out to be the guilty party.
A handshake involves both party's moving, in this case only one went for the move, Suarez. There was only a very brief window of opportunity for it to happen, and when Evra missed it he then made out it was Suarez's fault by grabbing him after he had moved on.

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
#3764 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 10:04:04 am

Cheers
Tim

Tim, who benefits from the lack of the handshake? If the handshake had happened then it would appear that Evra had forgiven Suarez for what he claims was said to him. The fact is that Evra didn't go to shake Suarez's hand (watch the vids carefully, Suarez had his hand out, Evra makes no move towards him) but made it look like he was the innocent party just puts Evra in a good light and makes Suarez out to be the guilty party.
A handshake involves both party's moving, in this case only one went for the move, Suarez. There was only a very brief window of opportunity for it to happen, and when Evra missed it he then made out it was Suarez's fault by grabbing him after he had moved on.

Presume our respective bias will prevent us seeing clearly because ive seen all the views they showed on match of the day and in each one i can see evra holding his hand out and suarez never engaging in  a bodylanguage which implied he was ever going to shake, and then never meeting his eyes or holdign his hand to shake always positioning and moving hand towards de geia.

dont think dalglish did himself any favours with that sky reporter interview either to be honest.

Tim

Plattsy

• forum hero
#3765 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 10:39:30 am
Anyone who thinks Evra isn't culpable is living in cloud cuckoo land. He knew what he was doing. Suarez is hardly making an effort either, nor not. I think Evra's reaction is a kin to diving in trying to stitch up Suarez.

Evra's post match celebrating was a disgrace.
Dalglish is a tool.
They're all flipping tools.

tomtom

• forum hero
#3766 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 11:34:35 am
I think this sums up what I think pretty well. I'm a neutral tending towards a ManU disliker, but Sauarez has acted like a tool, and so has KD with his Wengeresque 'I didn't see anything' line.... I find myself agreeing with old red face on this one...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/feb/11/liverpool-kenny-dalglish-luis-suarez

tomtom

• forum hero
#3767 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 11:36:30 am
Glad Jasper, Grubes and ARtcRffFC had a good day :)
jasper, hull bhafc game is now on wed 24th.. Hour on the train from Sheff? Appreciate it's a school night etc...

tomtom

• forum hero
#3768 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 03:52:22 pm
Back around Luis and Kenny....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17004667

Glad to see Liverpool have realised how bad this made them look....

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#3769 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 03:56:28 pm
LS is only apologising to Kenny and LFC, not to PE. Or that's how I read his statement.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#3770 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 04:36:04 pm
I have always been anti-hand shake like my dad says what a bollocks waste of time? Just get on with the match. Football is not and should not be a friendly occasion! Hand shakes at the end but what's the point before hand.

tomtom

• forum hero
#3771 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 04:53:18 pm
I have always been anti-hand shake like my dad says what a bollocks waste of time? Just get on with the match. Football is not and should not be a friendly occasion! Hand shakes at the end but what's the point before hand.

Wow!

For me football is a sport - not war...

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#3772 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 05:18:33 pm
okay maybe was a bit too serious there but I stand by my point that I think the handshake is a waste of time.
You shake hands at the end as a sign of respect and to leave the issue of the game on the pitch plus it means you can not shake hands with someone if you do not want.

Being forced to shake hands is meaningless. Its not a sign of respect its a formality you are forced to do by the FA.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#3773 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 07:59:05 pm
looks like this kids going to be apology writing for his homework

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#3774 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 12, 2012, 08:32:20 pm
The Villa kid needs to villified and banned for ever as it was obviously a racist incident   :worms:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal