UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357795 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
#3725 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 08, 2012, 08:39:58 pm
Fabio who? Whats he done on grit eh!

And England? do they have a football team? I dunno what all the fuss is about.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#3726 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 08, 2012, 08:43:48 pm
sad news is probably Stuart Pearce will be in charge for the Euro's

no fucking chance.  The FA haven't gone to all the trouble of fixing Harry's trial and forcing Capello into resigning to let that happen. Fair play to them, saving on compensation payments this time will help them get their man.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#3727 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 08, 2012, 09:51:16 pm
Let's face it, whoever comes in, it's going to make 0% difference to England's chances in the Euros.

Just found this on the Guardian site, neatly sums up the current crop:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3728 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 08:58:37 am
The only thing I'm concerned about is that Spurs are probably going to be looking for a new boss. Hopefully they'll consider Poyet to still be too inexperienced.

rich d

• forum hero
#3729 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 04:18:19 pm
So the great hope for the demoralised, un creative, not particularly good and under performing England team is Harry Rednap? A man who cleared his name in a tax avoidance trial by proving he was too thick to organise himself and had the handwriting and spelling of a four year old, and that he'd deliberately lied to the media. Who has won exactly Football Association in his managerial career.
I'm sooooooooo excited where do I get my tickets for Euro 2012? FFS

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#3730 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 04:29:06 pm
Who has won exactly Football Association in his managerial career.

He won the FA Cup with Portsmouth.  True that he practically broke the club simultaneously but a win's a win, right.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3731 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 04:40:27 pm
But how is 'onest 'arry going to submit his application to the FA when he can't write or use email?

Good piece here on the strange significance of the England captaincy:

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7557222/the-mysterious-complexity-england-captaincy-andi-thomas

rich d

• forum hero
#3732 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 04:42:03 pm
Forgot about that. Well he's still only won one trophy in his entire career. Hopefully Spurs won't let him go and we'll wait for the special one to finish winning his trilogy of league titles in england, italy and spain (I know he's done it in Portugal) this summer.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#3733 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 04:50:04 pm
But how is 'onest 'arry going to submit his application to the FA when he can't write or use email?

maybe he can borrow Martin O'Neills old powerpoint presentation...

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#3734 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 04:53:04 pm

maybe he can borrow Martin O'Neills old powerpoint presentation...

I am not having that as the FA might accidently give the job to MO'N. He is ours and no one else is getting him

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3735 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 04:56:56 pm
Forgot about that. Well he's still only won one trophy in his entire career. Hopefully Spurs won't let him go and we'll wait for the special one to finish winning his trilogy of league titles in england, italy and spain (I know he's done it in Portugal) this summer.

I can't see Jose taking the job as much as I'd LOVE him to. Purely from a comedy point of view.

I am not having that as the FA might accidently give the job to MO'N. He is ours and no one else is getting him

How about 'arry for England and M O'N to Spurs?

:jab:  :devil-smiley:

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#3736 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 04:59:36 pm
I thought Jose was off to Leeds?

rich d

• forum hero
#3737 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 05:11:18 pm
We might get the current Huddersfield manager at Leeds which might nearly be as good as Jose - purely to watch the Huddersfield fans have some sort of fit.
I heard that Capello had created the row and quit once the Leeds job was up for grabs ;)

tomtom

• forum hero
#3738 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 05:42:49 pm

I'm fucking sick of all this bollocks. TomToms view:

1. FA are wankers. They basically went behind fabio's back dumping Terry from the captain without involving Fabio. Its like a load of tinkering fuckwits meddling in the background. I think Terry should be out of the squad - but what the FA should have done is gone to Fabio - say "look its untenable him being captain" etc.. "but you need to tell him and the world" etc...

2. No wonder Fabio walked. I suspect he felt this was the last straw working for an arcane bunch of tosspots. I'm not sure whether or not he's been a good manager for England or not - I think he's done alright. He may be a bit wooden, he may be abit 'aloof' from the players - but so what! SAF doesnt get down with the spit roasting with the ManU players does he? I think Fabio has walked away from this with his head held high - and I respect him for how he's handled this (unlike the FA)...

3. The press. FFS. What a bunch of Sir Anthony's... They hound out a manager because he can't speak good English (I bet he understands plenty!) but now want a manager who can barely write - can't text and has never written an email. The press are hyporitical cocks. Fucking twats.

4. The England Captaincy. WHO GIVES A SHIT. (apart from the press)... Its not the same as in cricket or rugby that require far more on the pitch organisation. You've got the manager and assistants on the touchline bellowing instructions...

5. 'arry. Dyemond fukin Geeza. ee'z a good bloke, probably a great man manager which is what the job needs. But if I was him I wouldnt touch it with a fucking 20 mile long shitty stick remotely controlled via satellite. If he thinks a tax evasion trial is an invation of his privacy he 'aint seen nuffin yet... poor bugger.

6. Tail wagging the dog. Rio, Michael Owen, Defoe, the old man walking his dog, are all on twitter giving it their two penneth worth, about how Harry should get the job.... give it a rest... it wont make any difference as those syphylitic old puss bags in the FA will pick Phil Brown to do it.

7. Mike Bassett England manager is scarily closer to reality than fiction.

Over and out. Sorry for the TALKSPORT stylee rant, use of caps and swearing.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#3739 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 06:52:34 pm
re point 1.  If they'd wanted rid of Capello, which I suspect they did, they couldn't have handled it much better than they did.  Once the Terry trial was delayed it all fell into their laps.  By cutting him out of the decision they must have suspected it would cause conflict and this would be his ultimate reaction. 

And re p2, sort of. He must wonder what was going on at the World Cup, players wanting to drink after games and disappear to the golf course after training.  Six to eight weeks of their lives is all they have to sacrifice such things for to give themselves the best opportunity possible of winning the world cup but they can't see beyond a few pints and a bit of a hit.  Even the most amateur of amateur sportsmen know what you need straight after exercise with another big performance needed in 4 days but the best paid, most professional sportsmen in our country seemingly don't.  He gave them the platform to perform but their attitude was shit and I suspect he lost all respect for the players and the country right there and then.  I guess what I'm trying to say is he could have been very good if he'd had the right materials to work with..

rich d

• forum hero
#3740 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 07:13:53 pm
Everywhere else he'd been he was an excellent manager - suggests that it's not him and it's the shower of shit he had to work with.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#3741 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 08:00:40 pm
This Redknapp-pushing in the media is starting to get on my teats....and, and

..and I don't feel sorry for Tottenham. They knew when they hired him he would be off when the FA came knocking, and they knew when. If things played out, they would always lose him after the Euro's anyway as Fabio's contract expired, which for Spurs is basically no different to this current situation. ie. Season ends-Harry leaves-new boss in for next season.

To be fair to any England manager, I don't think success will come with this current crop until they lose the "playing with fear" mentality thats become prevalent. All that midfield/defence sideways passing does my nut.  :chair:

and relax.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#3742 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 08:51:04 pm
This Redknapp-pushing in the media is starting to get on my teats....

Sorry, but this is a good piece

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#3743 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 09, 2012, 09:10:19 pm
that was good.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#3744 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 10, 2012, 10:04:42 am
Right catching up on stuff went to depot last night and missed this.
1. FA are wankers. They basically went behind fabio's back dumping Terry from the captain without involving Fabio. Its like a load of tinkering fuckwits meddling in the background. I think Terry should be out of the squad - but what the FA should have done is gone to Fabio - say "look its untenable him being captain" etc.. "but you need to tell him and the world" etc...
Disagree if a director says I want this employee not to be something in any company. The manager may disagree but he would toe the line. Fabio was a twat who spent too much time not in the real world (i.e. in football)
2. No wonder Fabio walked. I think he's done alright.
completely disagree but compared with Mclaren he was not too bad
3. The press.  Fucking twats.
agree but they are just doing there jobs. If they did not someone else would.

7. Mike Bassett England manager is scarily closer to reality than fiction.
but he got england to the world cup semi final I am all for giving him+bensen and hedges another chance

We might get the current Huddersfield manager at Leeds which might nearly be as good as Jose - purely to watch the Huddersfield fans have some sort of fit.
:wall: :shit: :chair:

rich d

• forum hero
#3745 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 10, 2012, 10:17:53 am
Hi Grubes, bet you're looking forward to that possibility!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#3746 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 10, 2012, 10:58:40 am
meh if he goes we might get Warnock back which would be great.

He was last manager to get us out of this league and second best manager we have had since I started watching them. Then again it is a who's who of shit managers.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:06:39 am by Grubes »

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3747 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 10, 2012, 11:03:02 am
This Redknapp-pushing in the media is starting to get on my teats....

Sorry, but this is a good piece

I'm not going to go into the details of the trial, because who cares, but it involved secret bulldog-based code names, a 73-year-old Serbian tycoon called "Milan Mandaric," and — weirdest of all — Peter Crouch. All in all, the crown spent five years and £8 million chasing unpaid tax revenue on around £200k. Sherlock Holmes is face-palming in hell.

Brilliant.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3748 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 10, 2012, 02:15:44 pm
Portsmouth - still in the shit:

http://www.ipswich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=270136

'We have about £800,000 a month and we never paid December and the club certainly is not in a position to pay this month so it`s a total of £1.6m. We`re waiting to see what the Revenue will do...."

And on it goes......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16979199

The points deduction from administration would put them in with a good chance of going down although that's the least of the club's worries.

tomtom

• forum hero
#3749 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 10, 2012, 03:30:54 pm

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal