UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357770 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
#3625 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 08, 2012, 10:53:11 am
Have you a ticket FD?

I do indeed  ;D

Getting picked up in 30 mins.... Can't wait!!!

Excellent! Hope it's a good one...

clm

• forum hero
They win when they cheat. :worms:

tomtom

• forum hero
They win when they cheat. :worms:

Despite ManU winning, I think in some ways City will come away as the happier side... They fought long and hard to get back into it - I dont think Mancini could have expected any better after the sending off skewed things. Fergussons side should have buried them.. and he'll know that...

2nd half was much better entertainment than I expected after the first - overall the match was a credit to both teams, and showed what a complete tool the ref was.

Plattsy

• forum hero
Agree with all that T. Except Kompany was the tool. Going in with two feet is professional suicide. I wasn't surprised at the colour of the card at all.

tomtom

• forum hero
Agree with all that T. Except Kompany was the tool. Going in with two feet is professional suicide. I wasn't surprised at the colour of the card at all.

Yeah, Kompany made it easy for the ref to make that decision... though on a soaking pitch you have to give a bit of lee-way for things sliding around with less control (both player and ref I guess..).

I didnt like the way Rooney went running to the ref arms akimbo, then indicating and saying two feet off the ground to the ref... It had a lot less needle between the players than previous derby's and I felt that made it a better game.. I didnt feel it was a dirty game, and most of ManU's yellows were pretty daft/innocuous..

Anyway - waiting for the draw now :)

Dr T

• forum hero

Liverpool : Man Utd
The herd is being thinned
could be another suprise year
 :popcorn:

tomtom

• forum hero
#3631 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 08, 2012, 06:26:12 pm

Liverpool : Man Utd
The herd is being thinned
could be another suprise year
 :popcorn:

Ahem...

Hull City v Crawley Town

:) we may progress further in the cup than in years!! Though they're a banana skin in waiting...

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Warnock Sacked seems harsh to say the least

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I read that Tony Fernandes is thinking of pumping a load more cash in but didn't trust Warnock's record in the transfer market. But yeah, it does seem harsh!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Hull City v Crawley Town

:) we may progress further in the cup than in years!! Though they're a banana skin in waiting...

Hope you thump them.

After our reserve side threw it away against Wrexham we now have a big incentive to go and win the replay as we'd have Newcastle at home which would be a cracking game.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Oh dear.

http://www.darlingtonandstocktontimes.co.uk/news/9461193.Darlington_Supporters_Trust_chairman_quits_over_hate_mail/

DARLINGTON Supporters Trust board members Tony Taylor and David Taylor have resigned with immediate effect. Tony Taylor was the trust’s chairman, but a statement from the trust last night confirmed his departure and said it came following hate mail and abuse.

:wall:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I was tempted to offer ken davy's name into the coty thread but its abit obscure.

For those not aware (basically anyone who does not support hudds). Ken davy was our former chairman who took over the club when we went into admin back in 2003. He only bought the club to protect the rugby club which he owned.
The fans were greatful and cheered his name 6 months following the take over. Then the footballs clubs 40% ownership of the stadium was moved from the club to Ken davy's personal company for £2. This caused issues with the fans but nothing could be done even with constant questions and pressure the fnas had no answer for 5 years.
Dean Hoyle (deano as he is lovingly called) bought the club after an approach from Adam Pearson had fallen through but only bought the club the shares were left in davy's company.
Deano then bought the stadium shares in 2009 with terms agreed two months later. After everything was sorted Davy moved the goal post (being the cunt that he is). This eventually went to arbitration and a deadline was set for Dec 2011. Davy refused.

The stadium ownership is a major issue even though money is not really an issue for our owner the reules about a clubs finances being limited is. We pay 75% of the stadiums running costs being in the third teir of football. The rugby team in the equivelent of the premier league pay 25%. If we get promoted we then have to pay a greater percentage of the stadium costs as our rent increases.

we are now left with two options grin and bear it as the owner of the stadium decides how the rents are paid whatever way most benefits his rugby team or we leave.
Deano has not been clear what his next move is but I do think at the current stand point maybe the galpharm is not the future for huddersfield town.
Our rent is currently decided by the formula where the more people attend the more we have to pay for rent. It feels odd that the more people who attend our matches the more we suffer for it.

The fans are showing there support and are boycotting the food and drink at the stadium as this does not benefit our club. Also there are potentially going to be protests at the brentford game (21st jan) as this is on sky.

Gaurdian article from 2009
http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2009/may/06/huddersfield-town
Our charimans statement following the collapse of a deal end of last year
http://kappa.ecommzone.com/lz/HTAFC/0061JZ/06ec73151587eec4714f68c9490a0f0055/story1.htm

I know this pales in comparison to darlo's troubles.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

clm

• forum hero
An "Error of judgment"?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-16511735

There's a lot of this separating the act from the person going on. Homophobic comment but not a homophobe, racist comment but not a racist. Discuss. :worms:

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Jasper - just a quick heads-up - the current 5 live football daily podcast, dated Friday 13/1/12, has an interview with Gus Poyet - starts at around 1:10.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/5lfd

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Cheers moose.

Dr T

• forum hero
 :'(

tomtom

• forum hero
#3645 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 15, 2012, 06:33:59 pm
Sounded like a cracking game though... I know you lost but it's great we have promoted teams who don't just 'do a Big Sam' when football playing opposition show up... I doff my football hat to you Swansea.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Made a major boob this week not subbing Ba or Silva and Mrs FD (Nik ST/Ari's Gold) has shot from near bottom to 4th place in two weeks.  This morning she said "I'm beating Jasper!" (she has a vague remembrance of you from the early nineties but gets you mixed up with Ian Harrison  :lol:).

Dr T

• forum hero
Sounded like a cracking game though... I know you lost but it's great we have promoted teams who don't just 'do a Big Sam' when football playing opposition show up... I doff my football hat to you Swansea.
:agree:  :bow:to the swans for playing football (and to Norwich to a slightly lesser extent too)
I listened to the radio and, as much as you can get from that, it was a cracker.
I guess it's just the realisation that, after a terrible start, the revival that looked like a top four is spluttering out.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
The Arsenal vs Swansea games was very pleasing, admirable how much Swansea continued to attack when most teams with would have tried to defend their result. 

I might change my attitude though if I have to listen to one more f'ing pundit wibble on about "triangles"....... Hasn't it occurred to them that you can form a triangle from any three players (unless they are in a line obviously).  It doesn't necessarily mean Barcelona-like skills are being exercised.  What next "Incredible discipline there - two players in a straight line - no detectable warping of space-time whatsoever - remarkable given the concerns about post Christmas weight gain".

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Made a major boob this week not subbing Ba or Silva and Mrs FD (Nik ST/Ari's Gold) has shot from near bottom to 4th place in two weeks.  This morning she said "I'm beating Jasper!" (she has a vague remembrance of you from the early nineties but gets you mixed up with Ian Harrison  :lol:).

:lol:

I'm actually clinging on to 4th by 3 points after yesterday.

I kept Silva in after reading that he was likely to be back. Could do with a big win for City tonight as I have him, Aguero and Clichy.......

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal