UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358155 times)

Dr T

• forum hero
overplaying the ball in front of the goal? 
wish our players would shoot more often rather than pass the ball in front of the box. 

Sounds like the past musings of my fellow gooners...  ;D

Reasons to be cheerful.... R.V.P
[where's the finger's crossed smilie??]

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
That's what I said two weeks ago when we played The Gooners.... Martin turned to me and said "We're turning into fucking Arsenal"  :lol:

philo

• forum hero

Enjoy the evening Philo and Graeme  :)

sess should never shoot, did you see the shot that nearly hit the corner flag?  Was a lucky result but our defenders put the work in, going into it without bramble and bardsley and using a two mids as wing backs.  I hope wes isn't out for long with the groin injury too!

I still want city to win the league, cant stand united

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Ah well.

It looks like going out and rattling the buckets won't be enough this time around.

http://darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=754

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
It gets worse -

http://darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=758

With the club being officially skint The Northern Echo have paid for the Team Coach to travel to our at Barrow this Saturday.

Darlo fans are now collecting to buy the lads food and drink for the journey over as a thank you for their efforts.

2012 and we've got professional sportsmen relying on goodwill and acts of charity from their supporters.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Very bad indeed.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Although gameweek 20 is still in progress I am chuffed to have sneaked past Ben and Steve to top of the UKB FF league! Doubt I'll be there come the end of the season but it would be great to break the streak of 2nd place finishes of the last 2 seasons  :boxing:

Noticed Jasper has steadily chipped away at the gap between the top 3 breakaway and the rest. I can see it bunching up with another couple of dodgy gameweeks! Good efforts all round :)

tregiffian

• stalker
  • Struggling
The Green Army came through administation and they are not the first and willl not be the last.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
The Green Army came through administation and they are not the first and willl not be the last.

Ive a horrible feeling that this might just be once too often.

There's talk of voluntering and working for free at the next match, but seeing as stewards need "certificates and that" for "Health and Safety", and that one of the redundancies is the groundsman I'm not hopeful.

(The "whip round for the lads" btw was intended to raise a copule of hundred quid for a round of beer and presumably fish and chips on the way home just as a way of thanks. It currently stands at three and a half grand!)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
(The "whip round for the lads" btw was intended to raise a copule of hundred quid for a round of beer and presumably fish and chips on the way home just as a way of thanks. It currently stands at three and a half grand!)
Good effort
Being in admin sucks Town were close to the brink. Thankfully we are now settled and have a passionate town fan in charge (with a fair bit of cash). I hope it all works out for you. Having been to your stadium I have to say its a fantastic place to visit better than several prem stadium I have been to.

FA cup this weekend
Man city's midfield is down to its bare minimum according to Mancini. Plus united hav e lost 2 in a row and will be seeking revenge for the old trafford battering
For once I am wanting the arse to win ...

Town are on Sky tonight in a league match. It could be interesting as I got told a rumour that lee clark was going to resign after tonights match no matter what teh result. I do not know why? He has been a great manager and offered stability when we need it. there is a post on 606 but I am not believing the shit on there.
I hope he doesn't as hes a good manager.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
can anyone recommend a site to stream live sky sports matches?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yeah SkyGo;)  :P

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Yeah SkyGo;)  :P
What about us cheap bastards poor people that have virgin and are too cheap can't afford to pay for sky sports?
 :tumble: :boohoo:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I've pm'd you.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
yup got it cheers

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Dr T

• forum hero

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
It's nights like tonight that must really piss of ipswich fans.
 :jab:

also barmby has retired to focus on management http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16451894.stm

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
It's nights like tonight that must really piss of ipswich fans.

Not as much as poor grammar...  ;)

Seriously - the only "good" thing to come out of Rhodes doing so well is that we have a 10% (I think) sell on clause. However given that we will probably piss any money we make on old ex-Premiership players who will make both halves of fuck all difference on the pitch it is a very small consolation indeed.  :'(

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
If any one is up ssn are just about to do a segment on darlo

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Derby day!  I feel  :sick: and :bounce:

Hope it's as good as the last one.  Today could be a watershed moment if City win. When was the last time Utd were beaten three times on the bounce?  They'll be all out for a win today.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Not quite sure what the point of this is but it's quite funny

Last week on Norwegian Channel TV2, hosts Johan Golden and Henrik Elvestad, of the Golden Goals show, conducted a football experiment called: Electroshock football (in Norwegian:Â Elektrosjokkfotball). They played a small sided match between a host of Norwegian football legends, many of whom are well known in England, in what can only be described as a sadistic experiment.
Hosts Golden and Elvestad were sitting on the sidelines and thanks to gadgets usually employed to discipline dogs they were able to shock the footballers on a scale of 1 to 6.
The referee also wore an electroshock device on his leg and the brutal hosts spared no one on the pitch, especially Jan Aage Fjortoft whose pain threshold appears to be very low indeed.
Afterwards a smiling Golden said: “It was very fun to sit as a spectator and physically able to influence what happened on the pitch.”

tomtom

• forum hero
#3622 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 08, 2012, 10:42:37 am
Have you a ticket FD? I've already pre-booked my tv/sofa time with mrsTT.

Speccy flying wizard, or teen angsty vampire films will be banned from the front room for a few hours :)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Superb turnout for Darlo at Barrow yesterday - we made up half of the crowd.

Great thanks for the attitude of the fans and the club at Barrow

PA made many references to us and our plight - players deliberately came out separately before the start to take their applause from their own fans, and a long banner displayed along the side of the pitch

"A FOOTBALL CLUB IS FOR LIFE NOT JUST FOR BUSINESS"

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Have you a ticket FD?

I do indeed  ;D

Getting picked up in 30 mins.... Can't wait!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal