UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1364247 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
yup, he's turned out to be exactly the forward we've been missing for years decades, forget all that hard work, running, holding, hassling etc.  He does fuck all for 100 minutes then just happens to be in the right place and knows how to score.  Watching last night was so frustrating seeing Rooney and Zigic squander chance after chance throughout the 2nd half, 10th minute of injury time actually quite happy with a draw then there he is again to finish off another King cross, quite a partnership they're developing.  Loving this Euro adventure, hopefully going to the next home tie.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Good news for all fans of mavericks, reports of Balotelli's new-found maturity may have been premature:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/22/mario-balotelli-house-fire-fireworks

Balotelli's reportedly organising the MCFC Christmas Party: The. Best. Present. Ever!

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Chris Brunt's penalty miss, oh dear!

Roughly about 1.19

tomtom

• forum hero
#3403 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
October 23, 2011, 12:23:00 am
:) :) :)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

Ohh Balotelli hes a striker, he's fuckin class, Sets fire to his gaff throwin rockets from his bath. He Doesnt give a fuck he just does it for a laugh!! Ohh Balotelli

:devil-smiley:

tomtom

• forum hero
#3405 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
October 23, 2011, 12:45:41 am
Superb... Good interview with Noel gallagher today on 5live.. Saying 1:1 with Mario scoring would be a great result :)

What a day today at the KC.. Watford were shit. We were shitter. Last minute winner.. 3:2  incredible... Mental atmosphere at the end. Still buzzing... It's days like this that remind me why I LOVE football :) *drunkard*

tomtom

• forum hero
#3406 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
October 23, 2011, 12:46:28 am
You going to the derby Tomorrow FD?

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Nope, it's at the Swamp and don't have away tickets.  I reckon it might be a bit of a let down though with it coming so early in the season, both managers playing it cagey.  I'll be happy with a point and I reckon most Reds would including Fergie himself also so it could be a rather dull European style game.

When they come to our gaff in the New Year though it could be a proper six pointer.

Glad you had fun today. It's great when you win having not played well and spending the day stuffing yourself full of beer & pies and swearing & shouting a lot is such a contrast to shuffling quietly around a crag getting angsty about conditions, clipping ones nails and feeling righteous about brushing off tickmarks and picking up litter.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Good news for all fans of mavericks, reports of Balotelli's new-found maturity may have been premature:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/22/mario-balotelli-house-fire-fireworks

Balotelli's reportedly organising the MCFC Christmas Party: The. Best. Present. Ever!

Police said it was an accident and have decided not to take any action.

Officers confirmed Balotelli, 21, was inside the property in Mottram St Andrew but it is believed he did not set off the firework

"At this time the cause of the fire is being examined by fire investigators and police. However, it is not thought to be suspicious."

tomtom

• forum hero
#3409 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
October 23, 2011, 09:42:52 am
Super Mario even made the you are the ref cartoon this week!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/20/trevillion-hackett-ref-mario-balotelli#

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Balotelli, what a legend... guess MOTD2 will be worth a viewing today  :beer2:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 8)

And....

:punk: :clap2: :alky: :dance1: :pissed: :bounce: :bow: :beer2:

tomtom

• forum hero
I switched off the radio when it was 1:3... WOW what did I miss! WHAT a way to build up the goal difference and grind SAF's nose into it... I wonder if he left the ground early to miss the traffic!

A long long way to go (1/4 way through the season) but its looking like city's to lose now!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#C4News Exclusive: The press complaints commission (PCC) and Amnesty International are to investigate claims that  footage of a red faced, failed and despotic dictator being beaten, humiliated and embarrassed up to and during his execution on Sunday afternoon were broadcast by Sky Sports.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I reckon it might be a bit of a let down though
After a long weekend away I come back to tales of Man U losing 6:1 at old trafford to local rivals.  :-[

[ useless fact]
My local paper (clutching at straws of past glory) points out that the last team to put 6 past united at old trafford was Huddersfield in 1930 we won 6-0 with hudds finishing 5th that year and Man utd were relegated with L**ds (scum) Utd. Sounds like a good year. [ /useless fact]

Anyway well done city. What else did I miss this weekend?

tomtom

• forum hero
#3415 Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
October 24, 2011, 08:36:21 am
I witnessed the mighty Tigers win 3:2 at home with a last gasp winner. :)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Another late Blues goal cemented a 5th straight victory  :)

big test on Wednesday now as we start our games-in-hand catch up vs in-form Leeds then it's Brighton at the weekend.

Hope all these league games don't compromise our European form   :P

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Ipswich lost to Crystal Palace and Jordan Rhodes (may Roy Keane's labrador's piss on him for selling him) scored his 75th goal* of the season for Huddersfield.

It may only be 74 but the sentiment remains the same

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Followed the game yesterday via a mixture of internet, Talk Sport and most of the second half on tv.

Fucking hell.

I can't remember seeing the scum so thoroughly spanked since Newcastle did them 5-0. The significance of this is much bigger though being City, where they are respectively in the league and at Old Trafford.

Redface has called it his worst day in football which by proxy makes it one of my best. Thanks City.

;D

Ipswich lost to Crystal Palace

Don't talk about that. Some big upsets in The Championship, such a close division, let's hope we can produce another tonight......

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I saw that butters managed to get enough reception in the car park of nont peris pub to check town score before I lost it.

Hes definately having a purple patch strangly the game he score two for us that started this run of 13 goals in 5 games the guy sat behind was shouting for him to be taken off ...

Could be interesting to see two of last season league one top scorers starting up front for scotland at the next match. one from watford and one from oldham

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Excellent piece by Sid Lowe on Javi Varas and his last minute save v Messi at Camp Nou:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/oct/24/barcelona-sevilla-varas-la-liga

Plattsy

• forum hero
From twitter "Balotelli is currently driving around Manchester City Centre in convertible Bentley (music blaring, top down), high fiving City fans"
 :lol:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I really hope that rumour is true.  :bow:

Big Dave

• menacing presence
Story of the day

I've just heard a Mario Balotelli story that betters Tesco & the fireworks...

OK, so his mum's over from Italy, asks the cleaner if she has everything she needs.

Cleaner: "No, I need all the practical things - iron etc."

Mario's mum: "Where can we go to buy these things? Write me a list and we'll go and buy it all"

Cleaner: "John Lewis."

So Mario's ma sends him & his mates to John Lewis with a shopping list in hand...

Mario returns to the house 5 hrs later...empty-handed.

Cleaner: "Er, where's the iron, iron-board etc?"

Then a big John Lewis van arrives...van contains nothing from the shopping list but the following 'practical items': -

giant trampoline, Scalextric, 2 Vespas, table tennis set'

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Man City take hardline stance with Tevez:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/26/carlos-tevez-manchester-city-fine

Good. He's a twat.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal