UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357817 times)

philo

• forum hero
its like Barcelona, people don't know how to play against them in europe but look at their home league, they let them pass it around their own box. Barcelona

rich d

• forum hero
Mr potato head has received a 3 match ban, so will miss all the group games. Hopefully Capello will leave him at home.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Not likely he went to two finals with brokens toes.
He will be sat on the bench

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Mr potato head has received a 3 match ban, so will miss all the games. Hopefully Capello will leave him at home.

There.

I've corrected that for you.

rich d

• forum hero
No unfortunately we'll get through the group stages playing poor dull football. But I will slowly somewhere inside start to believe that we might have a chance - especially when drunk - and I'll start watching the idiots play again surrounded by massive media hype.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
latest Tevez Saga according to my quick watching of SSN :-
West ham want to sign him stating its his only chance to play football before January - They say he loves the club  :???: (sounds a good deal for west ham but him playing championship football?)
Mancini has a meeting until 1 am asking tevez to apologise for his behaviour publically and it will be forgot - Tevez says no.

So as the resident man city fan FD whats your take? If it was my club I would just fuck him off not like you cant afford just

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yes it's very odd:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/13/carlos-tevez-talks?newsfeed=true

Mancini made his position totally clear, Tevez was finished. Now this which seems like a total U-turn and more importantly who has briefed the press in such detail?

:popcorn:

Big Dave

• menacing presence
It's the Manchester derby next weekend...I can see him playing now!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
just watching MOTD ... Oe Balatelli

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
A good day for my chosen teams, firstly the Hammers are up into automatic promotion place with a rout of Blackpool, and secondly the mighty Blyth Spartans progressed in the FA Cup thanks to a 2-1 win over Whitby Town FC.

I was there with my camera and got an couple of good shots, this being the best of the bunch - captured a split second before the first goal went in.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Sadly though,  Droylsden went through.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Sadly though,  Droylsden went through.

...and Spartans have drawn them away in the next round!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
You poor sods.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
wouldn't you love it though if....

if it became a reality, NFL style closed shop like the yanks want...

Then a few years later, with City in the ascendancy, the Glazers decide the north-west is a bit over represented.  There's no teams in East London and a big, empty stadium doing nothing.   So they uproot the Red Devils United franchise and move to an athletics stadium perfect for off-field entertainment.

wouldn't you love it....

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Never mind the North-West. What if "England" is over-represented in the Euro-League?

There must be some major population centers [sic] on the Continent crying out for top-level soccer representation.

Hell. We could even get the various civic corporations to prostitute themselves to atttact the franchises.

(Or alternatively, offer them inducements re local taxation and attitute to planning regulations to remain where they are)

tomtom

• forum hero
wouldn't you love it though if....

if it became a reality, NFL style closed shop like the yanks want...

Then a few years later, with City in the ascendancy, the Glazers decide the north-west is a bit over represented.  There's no teams in East London and a big, empty stadium doing nothing.   So they uproot the Red Devils United franchise and move to an athletics stadium perfect for off-field entertainment.

wouldn't you love it....

It'd be nearer their fan base ;)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Just got back from City v Villareal.  Interesting game (although we missed both the opener due to traffic and the winner by having to leave early to get out of the car park as I'm up at 5am tomorrow) - one of the downsides of midweek games and a demanding job.

The Champs League is so different from the Prem, it's like playing in custard at times, especially against a side like tonight.  I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable to explain why but it's to do with formation, possession and tactics (err no sh*t Ben! :slap:).

Dzeko, Ya Ya Toure and Nasri were all rubbish tonight and could have cost us the game and potentially a place in the knockout.  It's no coincidence that the winning goal came from Barry, Milner and Aguerro, Mancini's three subs tonight.

Sorry I've not answered some of the questions about Tevez and Mancini posted earlier but I was away with no Internet over the weekend and works been mental as usual.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Stuart Pearce confirmed as coach of GB team for the Olympics. I'm not even sure why I'm pointing this out.
 :tumble:

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
The Old Long Firm?

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Man United about to be hit with a bill for £3,292,526,639?

http://www.mcfchistory.com/2011/10/why-united-owe-us-3292526639-probably.html

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
The Old Long Firm?

The documentary comes just days after Rangers announced it was withdrawing all co-operation with the BBC.

Or "doing a Ferguson" as it's more commonly known.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Wish I was waking up with a big Brugger of a hangover rightabout now, what a night it must have been - 5,500 in the ground and as many more just along for the party.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Cracking. See Chris Wood scored again.

Balotelli interview:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/20/mario-balotelli-manchester-city-united

Re the wallet full of cash song:

"I like it, it's funny," he says. "It's the best song I've had sung to me."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal