UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357784 times)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
in fucking bruge?

at least you can party with two skanky hookers and a racist dwarf

I love that film

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Exactly tomtom, thought it might be a nice trip with Mrs but arranging kiddy care etc could be problematic, already used the grandparents card for the ATP finals in November and this might be a bit close.

What film is that Grubes?

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780536/

i was not a big Colin farell fan still aren't but its fucking hilarious

oh and barton signed for QPR http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14650167.stm

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Rob Scott wears his heart on his sleeve after defeat to Darlo this afternoon…

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 8)

Dr T

• forum hero
:wavecry:
(not hopeful for this afternoon)

Dr T

• forum hero
:wavecry:
(not hopeful for this afternoon)

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
hate to say it but I was right

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
So this morning I wake up and think should I call virgin media and order sky sports ... then I think nevermind I can watch F1 on BBC then watch a dvd.

I watch a great F1 race then watch inception. After this I think I should see what the score was ... WTF! I think I need puntering for not buying sky sports ... oh well MOTD today.

Great day for Manchester

philo

• forum hero

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Gary Neville. Just exposed himself as a fucking idiot.

Him. Merse. The "experts" in the box following the shellcking by the Scum of the Shitty Cheats.

Merson - close to incansescent with rage - and with good reason.

Neville - most  of the time, he was right. Decent summaries etc. "Arsenal were poor at the back, but United [sic] exposed it to the full"

And then came out with this shit.

"It was a bad game to watch for the neutral"

No. Utter and complete bollocks. areshole.

It was a team close to the absolute top of their game, albeit light of four of their allleged first sting demonstrating how the game shouuld be played.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
FD
Re. Man City. Carlos who? Tevez wouldn't get in that side. Bale looked good though. Need another left back?

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
FD
Re. Man City. Carlos who? Tevez wouldn't get in that side. Bale looked good though. Need another left back?

We only had the radio yesterday and didn't catch MOTD but City did sound awesome.  All credit to Mancini getting the team to gel so quickly.   :clap2:

Big Dave

• menacing presence
I'd 8-2 be an Arsenal fan right now.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Great piece here debunking the myth of Good Old 'Arry:

http://oneinthehole.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/why-harry-redknapp-is-no-longer-the-manager-to-take-spurs-forward/

The court case stuff seems to have gone quiet.

Didn't he get abn adjournment because he was busy "doing football" - yet here we are in a new season?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
You're right it has gone quiet but it's not going away:

http://thestory.ie/2011/08/03/harry-redknapp-tax-evasion-and-mandarics-offshore-account/

In other news:

http://www.24dash.com/news/housing/2011-08-18-Spurs-boss-avoids-social-housing-with-council-pay-off

Good Old 'Arry!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/politics/harry_can_build_seafront_flats_without_affordable_housing_1_2972427

‘For us to build 28 units elsewhere would cost £2.84m. We estimate the £600,000 will pay for just eight homes.

Pierfront’s original agreement with the council was that 28 of the 91 flats would be sold to a social housing provider.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Just got two tickets and day trip charter flight  for City away at Bayern.   :bounce: :icon_beerchug:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
 :blink:
Arsene again. ..
they have a shit defense. They are playing a lad called jenkinson who looks miles out of his depth and struggled to keep his place in the charlton team two leagues below.
I know I will wait till the very last day and sign a new striker who was a target of Fulham ... somebody I never heard of signs for arsenal

At least he is trying to sign a left back and a german defender who are proven in the premier league ... oh never played in premier league

At least he can go after jags on the last day of season he will get him cheap right? ? ?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
As the deadline day frenzy gathers pace (are we REALLY about to sign Vicente?!) Birmingham get a lifeline.

http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_content.php?id=1694085

But at 12% interest.  :-\

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
OK this is getting quite exciting. When I first read about us signing Vicente I thought 1. It's bullshit and 2. Hasn't he been injured for the best part of five years. However, 1. It seems it isn't and 2. According to Valencia fans he hasn't actually been injured much in the last 2 seasons (he played 45 games in 08/09) but fell out with the manager and has been restricted to mainly substitute appearances (and subsequently released).

This is a player who was voted the best in the Spanish league seven years ago and who was rated as possibly the best left winger in the world at the time. He was compared favourably to David Silva and kept Mata out of the team.

He's still only 30 and the Valencia guy who's been helpfully posting on the Brighton forum says he is still 70% of the player he was at his best. 70% of the best player in the Spanish league (& who Real Madrid once bid 36m Euros for) will be ok for us......

Hilariously a Brighton fan on Northstandchat reported that he'd seen Gus, Tanno and some other blokes going into an Italian restaurant in Hove and had spoken with Tanno about signing Vicente. So another fan went to the restaurant, pretended to be reading out the choice of pizzas to a friend on his phone while taking a photo of the Brighton boss and his assistant with Vicente and his agent:

http://twitpic.com/6dzmoq

Genius.

If we pull this off it could be the signing of the year and potentially Brighton's biggest signing ever. Although we have plenty of wingers already Vicente (if fit) is on another level, he can also play as a second striker.......

Here he is scoring a neat finish against Bilbao last year.

And some of his other stuff:

Fingers crossed.... :w00t:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal