UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357780 times)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

tomtom

• forum hero
Well Butters, looks like you've got yer man!

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/HULL-CITY-Bullard-pens-year-Ipswich-deal/story-13201454-detail/story.html

Hope it all works out for him there.. (except when we play you! ;) )

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
We have indeed - if he plays as well as he did on loan last season then it is a huge signing for us.  Also signed a centre back last night (thankfully). :great:

tomtom

• forum hero
We have indeed - if he plays as well as he did on loan last season then it is a huge signing for us.  Also signed a centre back last night (thankfully). :great:

You might not be so thankful when you actually see Sonko play... (he was on loan with us for a season) ;)  Harry Rednaps mum would get a look in...

I'll happily be corrected if he's an inspired signing...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Slurring cunt agrees to ramble incoherently to national broadcaster seven years after throwing toys out of pram for them pointing out that his son was a crook. Which he was:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14664803.stm

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :lol:

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters

You might not be so thankful when you actually see Sonko play... (he was on loan with us for a season) ;)  Harry Rednaps mum would get a look in...

I'll happily be corrected if he's an inspired signing...

There is always that but given the shortage of centre backs we have at the minute I suspect that Harry's mum will also be announced as a new signing later today.  ;)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
The most recent BBC world football podcast has some interesting background on this move and life in Dagestan:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/wswf

If you've not listened to it before, World Football is reliably pretty good  - well worth making a regular date with.  Though it's a shock to hear Alan Green sound enthused and interested in the game, rather than like a man who's being forced to watch a game he resents.

tomtom

• forum hero

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Adebayor to spurs Anyone know if adebayor is up on FF? I tried to sign him last night but could not spot him

Also the door is now open the first manager has left (Jackson resigns) who will be the next manager to go bet that upset all the people who put money on Neil warnock to be the first. I guess he could still be the first premier league manager to go but the new owner is keen to keep him.

I feel a bit sorry for Jacko just a couple of days ago he was talking about bringing in some new players (on loan from us and elsewhere) trying to sort out the tactics but I guess either his heart was not in it or he cared too much for his boy hood club. Saying that I guess he could of been sacked and the board are just trying to make it look like it was his decision

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
No I can't see Adebayor on the FF list.

Plymouth on the brink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-14648404

Very sad. However, if the worst does happen at least the fans have a model for starting over in AFC Wimbledon.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
What get some ugly wanker as an owner and move to some where miles away? how about kendal?

I think they would be better to go under.

Sorry just felt the urge to have a go at mcDons Inc

All the best to plymouth with risdale there you will need it

(not sure what went on with my last post did not look like that when I wrote it)

tomtom

• forum hero
Is that Bullard?

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
pete winkleman (mcDons chairman                                                                                 Jimmy bullard (entrepeneur including investor in physio's, professional drinker, part time footballer, fisherman, darts player, craven cottage highjump champ, golfer etc etc)

Fuck me they look a like
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:02:06 am by Grubes »

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
What get some ugly wanker as an owner and move to some where miles away? how about kendal?

No, the opposite! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Wimbledon  :)

tomtom

• forum hero
Thats uncanny... dutifully rt'd to the #hcafc massive..

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
As I got RT'ed sick of Fergie talking to the BBC already

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14678931.stm
Uefa loves us but the FA hates us I spoke out of turn to some jornos and gave the referees no respect and I got punished for it.
I feel I have been hard done by ...  :'(  :boohoo:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It's funny how he says this shit to produce a "them and us" attitude for United's fans and players when, for anyone else who takes even a passing interest in football, it's so obvious that it couldn't be further from the truth. The reality is that the complete opposite is actually true.

United gain more dodgy decisions than any other team and Ferguson gets away with more bad behaviour than any other manager precisely because of the weight the club has to throw around. The FA and Premier League are terrified of upsetting their most valuable asset so unless the players or the manager cross the line to such an extent that they are forced to act (the cases stated in the article) they turn a blind eye.

He knows this, they know this, we know this but still he bleats on to sustain the myth.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
85 year old mentalist Brighton fan tries to cross dual carriageway on scooter:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9217608.Albion_fan_tries_to_cross_A27_in_mobility_scooter/

tomtom

• forum hero
It's funny how he says this shit to produce a "them and us" attitude for United's fans and players when, for anyone else who takes even a passing interest in football, it's so obvious that it couldn't be further from the truth. The reality is that the complete opposite is actually true.

United gain more dodgy decisions than any other team and Ferguson gets away with more bad behaviour than any other manager precisely because of the weight the club has to throw around. The FA and Premier League are terrified of upsetting their most valuable asset so unless the players or the manager cross the line to such an extent that they are forced to act (the cases stated in the article) they turn a blind eye.

He knows this, they know this, we know this but still he bleats on to sustain the myth.

Yes, you're spot on there Jasper. I watched the fat red faced cnut on Manchester local news at lunchtime, and not being a sky person its the first tiem I'd seen him talking in a pre match conf for ages.. what an arrogant twat, just sat back holding court. I wish he still banned the BBC.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
I trust none of us have been so shallow as to have spent the day unsuccessfullly supressing hearty guffaws at the news that it's not yet September and the Sweaties are out of Europe already?

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Ferguson - still the same old charmer, eh?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14678931.stm

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
I trust none of us have been so shallow as to have spent the day unsuccessfullly supressing hearty guffaws at the news that it's not yet September and the Sweaties are out of Europe already?

Too busy getting excited about a possible trip to Brugge.  Have been given a pass but not sure I can justify it, suspect it'll be the most popular of the three away trips too so a ticket might be a problem.

We've drawn Rangers' conquerers, NK Maribor, so it'll be interesting to see how we do against them.  I'd convinced myself I wasn't bothered until the game started last night and sadly I am.  My club, in Europe, stuff of my dreams.  I'll even take another relegation for the sake of it.

tomtom

• forum hero

Too busy getting excited about a possible trip to Brugge.  Have been given a pass but not sure I can justify it, suspect it'll be the most popular of the three away trips too so a ticket might be a problem.

We've drawn Rangers' conquerers, NK Maribor, so it'll be interesting to see how we do against them.  I'd convinced myself I wasn't bothered until the game started last night and sadly I am.  My club, in Europe, stuff of my dreams.  I'll even take another relegation for the sake of it.

Bruge sounds like a good trip away.. nice looking city, plenty of culture (even enough to displace the -ve culture impact of 1000+ brummies ;) ) and all the way on the Eurostar...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal