UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357802 times)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
What's/where's the code for the UKB league?

rich d

• forum hero
What's/where's the code for the UKB league?
it's several pages back it's fantasy.premierleague.com and the league code is 306635-89634

tomtom

• forum hero
Where's Adam? We need someone to have some Manu players.. ;)

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
Regular lurker, not really posted much however i have already have a fantasy premier league team and will join the league provided i'm not going to upset all you regulars that don't know me from Adam.

Dr T

• forum hero
well hoo-fucking-ray about fucking time too
go back to Camp Nou and keep a bench warm whilst your mate Xavi wins you a medal or two
he was shit last season anyways - sulking like a little school boy
so he was injured at the end of the season - so was Stevie G
Last game Stevie G was in the away end with the fans - where was captain fab? - the Spainish GP
great leadership there kiddo...

Fear not the future's bright - the future's Jack
(and Aaron, Alex, Ryo, Gervinhio, Wojciech, Frimpong etc with a little experience from RVP, Thomas, the Verminator etc even Andrei the Meerkat seems to have lost weight and found some hunger!)

did I leave anyone out? oh yeah Samir - he can sod off too - he should have lead the line back end of last season - he couldn't be arsed - wet, cold Saturday afternoon syndrome

And do I believe the money will get reinvested as promised - "In Arsene We Trust"
He wouldn't give in without knowledge of something coming in (I hope)...
Just a Mata of a little Spanish winger/mid-field magician (hope he turns out less "kidnapped"  than the last one) and a Cahill or Samba shaped lump at the back

Now if we could just get some fool to take Bendtner and Squillaci off our hands... please....

Be nice to have a team where the senior players actually have some pride in the shirt, some unity and some loyalty to the fans

here endith the rant....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Regular lurker, not really posted much however i have already have a fantasy premier league team and will join the league provided i'm not going to upset all you regulars that don't know me from Adam.

More the merrier!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Now if we could just get some fool to take Bendtner and Squillaci off our hands... please....
News for bendtner
Reading through those links arsenal are planning on paying stoke £11m to take bendter off of there hands. So you may get your wish. (Well I guess that must be it cause I can't imagine anyone paying more than £1m for a striker who thinks the goal is between the cornor flag and goal post

Any news on a centre half? Or a strong centre mid who can takle? the two key signings you needed this summer?

:sorry: but in my opinion you will not progress until arsene either changes his tactics, the board invests and you sign a players for this season not for in three years time. Or you sack Arsene
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:20:47 am by Grubes »

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Just on SSN, Arsenal open talks with Blues about Scott Dann, he'd be what you need to add a bit of steel (and class) at CB.

Hope that deal gets done, it'd be a shame for him to end up at Stoke, or worse Liverpool and not get European football at all

Read that Bendtner was asked by a Danish reporter about Stoke and laughed at the possibility, arrogant twat, let's hope he does end up there so we can continue to mock him.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
a sad day for football? Spurs v Everton Postoned

So the rioting has effected the start of the premier league season. This is seriously damaging to the britsh reputation to stage big games if we can't even manage to stat our season on time!

Is it a good thing we did not get the world cup? of course bloody not fucking Fifa, bribery, scum

tomtom

• forum hero
a sad day for football? Spurs v Everton Postoned

So the rioting has effected the start of the premier league season. This is seriously damaging to the britsh reputation to stage big games if we can't even manage to stat our season on time!

A good day I think - shows we still have some perspective on what matters most etc..

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee

More the merrier!

I'm in!

I used the auto-complete as well and it gave me a halfway-decent team...made a couple of tweaks so hoping for success in my debut season!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
That's looking a bit healthier, 15 so far. Must admit I love the eloquence of tomtom's team names. "useless cunts" last season and the charming "Pearsons Piss Flaps" this time.

;D :lol:

Just five more needed and we have a proper Premier League. Where's Mr Lincoln?!  :shrug:

tomtom

• forum hero
:) its a way of venting my HCAFC rage :)

Anyway, some hot transfer gossip, apparerently Tottenham have signed a new Italian striker, Grabatelli..

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee

Dr T

• forum hero

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.com/2011/08/interview-daniel-taylor-from-guardian.html

Interesting interview with Gavin Taylor of The Guardian, mainly about City also on the media's relationship with clubs, agents and fans.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
great read that FD really you get such an honest and detailed responses out of anyone. A great insight.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.com/2011/08/interview-daniel-taylor-from-guardian.html

Interesting interview with Gavin Daniel Taylor of The Guardian, mainly about City also on the media's relationship with clubs, agents and fans.

Very good that. I've followed him on Twitter for a while and he always seems to have his finger on the pulse with stuff to do with City and United.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Thanks Jas (dont know who Gavin is! :slap:) I'll do the same.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Press conference from Mancini this morning.  With Utd categorically denying a bid for Schneider and Nasri probably on the move it could be interesting.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
And tomorrow the proper football starts.

Those of us who support PREMIERSHIP teams.

SYP bus/tram/train pass to Donny sorted, onward train to place where football, and I mean PROPER football is appertaining, none of this "Football League" shite, and then, when 11 sportsmen all have tested themsevles against equal men and,  having found the better (or their equals) and shaken hands upon it, returnèd home.

tomtom

• forum hero
And tomorrow the proper football starts.

Those of us who support PREMIERSHIP teams.

SYP bus/tram/train pass to Donny sorted, onward train to place where football, and I mean PROPER football is appertaining, none of this "Football League" shite, and then, when 11 sportsmen all have tested themsevles against equal men and,  having found the better (or their equals) and shaken hands upon it, returnèd home.

watch out for 3T (aka TommyTwoZone) who'll be in the away end...

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
I'd not heard of Braintree Town until now, have a great day, may your pie be homemade and wholesome.

tomtom

• forum hero
I'd not heard of Braintree Town until now, have a great day, may your pie be homemade and wholesome.
?? Braintree Town? I was assuming (probably incorrectly) from the destination that Alice_X_ was off to Donny?

So who's in the UKB championship pool then? we should have an internal league :)

Nai > Brum
Butters > Ipserwich
Me > 'ull
TTT > W-Ham
RichD > Leeds

anyone else?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal