UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1360559 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
great blog indeed, must catch up with that.

Great shots of Women's World Cup:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/07/womens_world_cup.html

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
So Tevez will he or won't he.
Looking like he is not at the moment. Saw this on SSN this morning. Corinthians back out of move
They are saying that there is not enough time to complete the deal as their transfer window closes 4am tomorrow morning. I am interested to see if this is just more games to get city to accpet an offer or they just can't be arsed any more. Is this good news for man city fans? If Tevez does stay what will the city fans reaction to him be after his comments about manchester over the last couple of months?

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Simon Grayson bans players from Twitter: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/twitter_anger_sees_grayson_shut_down_his_leeds_united_players_1_3591176
The United manager explained: “We have a club policy that players are banned from leaking any information. It shouldn’t have come out like that.
“There were certain people at the club who didn’t know (about Somma’s injury) and they should have been told before the people on that website. There will be major implications for any player caught using it.”

Also possible good news for Wednesday fans the local paper are suggesting you may be signing our Gary Roberts (I fucking hope not!). If you do you will get one of the best left wingers in the league. two footed can score and cut inside. Very skillful and very much a favourite. One of the first names on the team sheet.
Hudds Examiner
I would be pretty gutted to see him go after pilks went.  :no:

Plattsy

• forum hero
6-0 up in a friendly. Got a penalty and go for a bit of showboating.

Tik a boo son.

Subsequently booked, subbed and facing a long ban. Oops.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Why was he banned?

Re Tevez, he's a great player but he's such a prick.  :devangel:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Why was he banned?

Re Tevez, he's a great player but he's such a prick.  :devangel:

Disrespect

Tevez deserves no sympathy whatsoever, doesn't like Manchester so signs a 5 year deal there with just about the richest club in the world that includes a clause that he should always be the highest earner, then after his wages have escalated beyond belief he complains that he can't move because nobody can afford him.  I understand him missing his family but maybe he should try convincing his wife to try it for more than a couple of hours rather than try to whinge and whine his way to a transfer.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yeah he misses his family so much that he moaned his way to the club allowing him a holiday to go and see them in BA..........which he used to go to Tenerife instead. He's a prick.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
I'd forgotten about that, what a knob cheddar.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Latest in the "Dickheads" series and I must admit, I'm quite disappointed. Not with the subject matter of course, like any fan of football I fucking despise ITV's coverage, but with the delivery.

He shoots himself in the foot by using the Stewart Lee quote at the head of the piece as Lee's observation (unsurprisingly) is way more scathing, accurate and funny than anything that follows.

"[Watching him is] like being stuck in the buffet car of a slow-moving train with a Toby jug that has miraculously discovered the power of speech… A talking Toby jug full of steaming hot piss.”

Slagging off Chiles, Southgate and Townsend is shooting fish in a barrel so if you're going to do it then do it well. However, it's still worth reading:

http://magicspongers.blogspot.com/2011/07/dickheads-8-itvs-punditry-team.html

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

My first kiss was as 9 or 10 year old with a fellow Blue Joanne Parker, I bought her a City scarf and pendant necklace for her birthday & gave her a kiss in Bramhall park and laughed when I did it, unfortunately through my nose and a load of snot came out and ended up on her cheek.  She's now married to Paul Lake, the ex-City player and potential England superstar who succumbed to injury and never fulfilled his potential.

And they've just written a book together..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jul/20/im-not-really-here-paul-lake-review?CMP=twt_gu

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Having read the review, it sounds like finding out about you getting stuck into his Mrs may just send him over the edge.  :lol:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :lol: I was ten years old!

robertostallioni

• forum hero

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Great quiz question / stat from Opta Joe on Twitter:

Which two outfield players are the only to play more than 100 Premiership games without being booked?

Theo Walcott (114) and John Barnes (201).

I would never have got that and I just stumped my mate at work with it.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I would not of guess that but Theo makes sense I don't think I have every seen him put in a tackle (am I being harsh there?)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Chinese Arsenal fans send message to Barcelona:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Brilliant.

Theo's a nice boy, a bit posh, well spoken, probably already thinking about his media career.

Wouldn't have thought Barnes had played so many PL games, don't remember him much after early 90s.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Tomtom's 'favourite' player is in the shit Boulard suspended

I think Tomtom Tweeted something about him turning up drunk to training the over day.
Its strange what has happene to him. When he was at wigan he was touteed as the happiest player in the premier league. Someone who just loved the game.
The time he dived head first over a group of players always spring to mind when I think of him. Saying its not worked for him at Hull is an understatement 24 games in 2.5 years is pathetic for your record signing.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Woah, £50k/wk and still 2 years to go on his contract. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Bullard

Well done Woy

He's been seeking the type of contract we couldn't give him. I congratulate Hull and Jimmy on getting the contract he wanted. It wasn't just wage demands prompting Jimmy to go, but the length of contract too".
Bullard signed a four-and-a-half-year deal with Hull

Wonder how many benches he's worn out in that time?

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Jewell backed out of a bid because he could not afford bullard http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13779499.stm
In March, Bullard suggested he would be willing to take a pay cut to move to Suffolk, saying: "Finances aren't everything I'm about, football's my main prerogative."
But Jewell is not confident: "I spoke to Adam Pearson and I spoke to Jimmy at length. Jimmy was great for us and I think we were good to Jimmy.
"But finances speak at the end of the day. Jimmy's on a fantastic contract there, he's on a top Premier League contract, everybody knows that.
"He probably won't play here again. That's not through a lack of ambition, it's just through being realistic - we can't pay the money Hull and Jimmy are looking for.

tomtom

• forum hero
Tomtom's 'favourite' player is in the shit Boulard suspended

I think Tomtom Tweeted something about him turning up drunk to training the over day.
Its strange what has happene to him. When he was at wigan he was touteed as the happiest player in the premier league. Someone who just loved the game.
The time he dived head first over a group of players always spring to mind when I think of him. Saying its not worked for him at Hull is an understatement 24 games in 2.5 years is pathetic for your record signing.

Just got up ;)

There were all sorts of twitter rumours around earlier in the week. The most rumoursome (with some credibility) is that after training on mon or Tues he got the train to London from Doncaster (seen there getting in train) for a bender, then rolls out of a nightclub in London and pays a taxi to take him direct to training in Hull - where he racks up half cut and is told to go home...

Whether or nit this is all true, it does seem he turned up pissed for training and was sent home abs suspended as not being in a fit condition. Hcafc message boards are now hoping he'll do a 'Mutu' and we can cancel his contract etc.. He's a great player when it's all going well, but when his head goes down... Nigel Pearsons a hard bastard and he won't take too much cheeky chappy I'm a geezer shit in his dressing room I suspect...

Problem is 1. He represents himself - no agent. So no-one trying to get him a better deal properly..
2. 45k pw wages. Clubs still want us to pay a portion of that. The new owner has basically said no. All or nothing. Wed let him go for free...

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
on the brightside the longer he is suspended and the more he is fined the more money you save.

here is the highlights of his career?

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Has to be said that the short time he was with us last season he was bloody brilliant and ended up being voted Fans Player of the Year after playing 16 games I think. We would love to have him back at Ipswich as well (we seem to have ended up with Bowyer instead  :-\ ) but there is no way that we could afford him on even half his wages.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Bowyer's got himself sorted, family man now, good old pro, etc.  Scored some important goals for us last season and played some big matches, can only be money that stopped us keeping him, would have been a great player in this league.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal