UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357842 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Another good episode in the "dickheads" series sees someone getting rather irate about everyone's favourite / most hated little fat Argentinian:

http://magicspongers.blogspot.com/2011/07/dickheads-5-diego-maradona.html

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Thanks for the link to the Red/City blog and comments.  The good threads on Blue Moon have a lot of this in detail, it's just a shame the press don't report it in the same way and we're left with the likes of David Gold to comment on the sponsorship deal and FFP  :wank:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Remember Curtis Woodhouse? He's fighting for the WBO Intercontinental welterweight title tomorrow:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/934181/from-left-foot-to-left-hook:-curtis-woodhouse-interview?cc=5739

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Good stuff from Iain Macintosh on why Arsenal are not "in crisis":

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/iain_macintosh/07/13/arsenal.crisis/index.html

Dr T

• forum hero
Good stuff from Iain Macintosh on why Arsenal are not "in crisis":

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/iain_macintosh/07/13/arsenal.crisis/index.html

a good read - I feel better now...  :) 

Dr T

• forum hero
Ok. I admit it. I'm fed up with it.
If Cesc wants to go he should go.
He needs to man up and hand in a transfer request.
Right now his silence speaks like a petulant teenager.
Arsenal gave him his chance when Barca didn't want him.
He should feel some club loyalty but clearly doesn't.
And fair enough if that's him, he should go.

The team is bigger than one player.
Lets face it he was hardly useful for most of last season.
Admittedly if Nasri and RVP go to then we're in trouble.
But lets see...
I know "in Arsene we trust" is wearing thin with some.
I'm still a believer....

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

Dr T

• forum hero

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
This'll make Jasper happy  ;D

I don't think he's quite got over eulogizing Gary Hart over on Twitter yet!

Dr T

• forum hero
:bow: Presumably I am the only person on UKB who watched?
Not at all - one of the best cup finals I've seen for a while.
A slow burner to begin with but then whoo.....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
That's fucking brilliant:
Mancini has also asked City's billionaire owners to buy Arsenal's Emirates Stadium and rename it the 'Arsene Stinks Of Piss Stadium' as the cherry on the top of his elaborate prank.

:lol:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

This'll make Jasper happy  ;D

Yep. Made up about the Lua Lua signing. It's been dragging on for weeks so it's great to finally get him. Our squad is looking pretty awesome from an attacking point of view. Just need to strengthen the defence a bit and we could be on course for a good season.

I don't think he's quite got over eulogizing Gary Hart over on Twitter yet!

For those who weren't following my drunken rantings, it was the first game at The Amex on Saturday as Brighton's development squad took on Eastbourne Borough in the Sussex Senior Cup Final.

Gary Hart, who was released by Brighton at the end of last season, had been invited back by the club to captain the side for the game in recognition of his 13 years service. Hart joined the albion when we were at our lowest point, groundsharing with Gillingham, and has been through everything since scoring some massively important goals (including the first ever at The Withdean) and always being a favourite with the fans. He was never the most talented (we signed him for £1000 and a set of kit) but his commitment could never be questioned.

Of course, 70 minutes in:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/9144032.Hart_scores_Amex_opener/

.... and we won two nil and Hart lifted the trophy ( having been subbed to a standing ovation).

Cue me banging on about it on Twitter all night and posting the Gary Hart "Posh Spice" song......  :alky:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Your squad looks awesome, you don't want to believe this just yet this but strong contenders for automatic promotion.

If you hadn't seen there's a Channel4 thing tonight exposing Captain Marvel's dodgy dealings:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/8643816/Bryan-Robson-caught-up-in-foreign-ownership-scandal.html

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Cue me banging on about it on Twitter all night and posting the Gary Hart "Posh Spice" song......  :alky:
yea my twitter feed was a mixture of you going on and on about gary hart and our new signing Danny ward retweeting every single post he got a mention in. Was a bit of entertainment on an otherwise dull saturday night.Oh well thats football

on the brightside Danny ward has played one game as a full time player for huddersfield (not on loan) and scored 1 goal. I hope he can keep that record all season.
In other related news small club tries to hide shit season ticket sales with lies
Quote from: 'HTAFC.com today'
Season ticket sales hits 8,500
Season ticket cards went on sale in late march and the sales are in line with last season
er ...
HTAFC.com 25/06/2010 = Chairman is happy with sales already approaching 9000

Last season ticket sales were 11000 with two weeks till the season starts we are at 8500 how is that in line with last year. Just accept the fact a lot of fans have lost the faith
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:04:45 pm by Grubes »

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Your squad looks awesome, you don't want to believe this just yet this but strong contenders for automatic promotion.

I am quietly optimistic about how the tractor boys are shaping up at the minute and according to the local rag we are still bidding on at least two other players. Automatic promotion is a possibility (not that I would be putting any money on it) but top six at the end of the season would be a better bet IMO.

Plattsy

• forum hero
Dispatches tonight undercover investigating a company who claims to be able to buy football clubs. No real surprises from a business point of view other than my team SWFC getting a mention.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/4od#3212204

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
So Tevez will he or won't he.
He's said he wants to leave.
Man City have said they have accepted an offer off of Corinthians
Corinthians have said that city had not accepted their offer.
I guess its all business but its dragging on abit. Also if city don't get the offer they want will they just let Tevez rot on the bench?

Anyone been following the Modric situation?
Modric has been the talk of the transfer window and spur have put them selves in a bad position now by saying we will not sell him for any price. What will they do if an over inflated offer comes in for him?
The thing that confused me most was when his agent came out and said Modric will not hand in a transfer request just a few days before he did. Normally its the agent who pushes for the player to put in a transfer request.
Modric seems to have been put in a bad situation by Levy. As he claims to have gentlemans agreement that if a genuine offer comes in that Spurs will negotiate. An offer came in and they just flat out refuse to talk. So Modric feels he has been lied to, cheated and is now trapped in a contract. This must make other players in the squad wonder if any promises made to them was bullshit too.
I guess this is an issue of player power v a fixed term contract.

It will be intersting to see if these players get sold or not
 :popcorn:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
trapped in a contract

come on, really.

I'll never have any sympathy for a player wielding the trapped-in-contract card.  Don't suppose there was a gun to their head as they signed their four year £100k/wk deal.  Then a better offer comes along and they're reeling out the kind of excuses a you'd expect from a schoolboy who hasn't done his homework.

Not been following it too closely, no doubt Modric will get his move but Levy is good at these games and will get the better of the deal.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yes it's a bit like players (cough *Nasri*) saying they want to leave for the chance of winning trophies when in reality it's for an extra £30k a week or Rooney throwing his toys out of the pram over "a lack of ambition" when all he was really doing was saying City will pay me £200k a week so you'd better match it.

Wankers.

As you say, Modrich wasn't pressured into signing a contract which will make him a multi millionaire over it's course. Are we really supposed to feel sorry for him because the club want him to honour it rather than fuck off to their rivals for the sake of being even richer?

I can understand players in the lower leagues wanting to maximise their earning potential (even Glen Murray). But when the same cliches (it's a short career Brian) are rolled out for young men in their early twenties who already never have to work again I have to laugh. The power is 100% with them, when a club stands up for itself in these situations it's generally a good thing.

Modrich will probably end up going to Chelsea.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Dr T

• forum hero

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
I can live with the fact that he tries to style his hair like a cross between Tintin and fat Ronaldo at the 2002 World Cup, while ending up with a bald patch resembling the Solent.

A style of haircut so famous that it is known as  Alan Shearer's Island!

tomtom

• forum hero
thats a great blog :) For a moment I wndered if that was a bit of shameless self promotion for a blog you write Jasper, but the language is a bit too clean ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal