UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357793 times)

Dr T

• forum hero
:goodidea:  :please:  :goodidea: and at £7 mill' much better value than Cahill... if it's true....

Dr T

• forum hero
Lots of stuff around about "Etihad" translating as "United" although it appears it really means "Unity".

Load of fuss about nothing but I do like the comment on this article:

Aye, the fuss would have been avoided if they'd chosen the Arabic term for "the foundation" or "the military base": "al-Qaeda"!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Dr T

• forum hero

quality showmanship ;D

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
River Plate fan watches his team get relegated (nsfw if any speaks spanish/portugese)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I like the shaving foam idea but not a big fan of the pink card.
Personally a retrospective yellow card after the game would be a better punishment. i.e. a player dives gets a free kick but then is given a yellow card after the game so if he picked up a yellow card in the game it counts as a second booking and a ban.
If if not it adds up to the 5 /10 card bans

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
For anyone who likes a bit of non-league pre season friendly action @TheHovian 's blog has had some quality stuff recently. Not just for Brighton fans his photos and reports from our recent games against Burgess Hill and Horsham are a top read:

http://thehovian.com/2011/07/10/burgess-hill-0-3-albion/

Sometimes you’ve got to envy non-league football; grounds where you can take a pint out and watch the match, no police to be seen, and you can eat a homemade ham salad bap wrapped in cellophane and purchased from a tent.

Rowland Bergkamp looks the part, big and muscular, but has the touch of a rapist

http://thehovian.com/2011/07/14/albion-3-1-horsham/

The A2B is cosy, and with 1100+ spectators there, including a slack handful of middle-aged sad acts down from Horsham singing in front of their green and yellow banner

;D

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
For anyone who likes a bit of non-league pre season friendly action @TheHovian 's blog has had some quality stuff recently. Not just for Brighton fans his photos and reports from our recent games against Burgess Hill and Horsham are a top read:

Sometimes you’ve got to envy non-league football; grounds where you can take a pint out and watch the match, no police to be seen, and you can eat a homemade ham salad bap wrapped in cellophane and purchased from a tent.
Reminds me why I go watch hudds V AFC emley every year.
They sell corn beef hash in a tray with bread from a little hut next to the toilets for a £1. First time I went there I got lost looking for the toilet and ended up in the away team dressing room.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Rowland Bergkamp looks the part, big and muscular, but has the touch of a rapist

http://thehovian.com/2011/07/14/albion-3-1-horsham/

The A2B is cosy, and with 1100+ spectators there, including a slack handful of middle-aged sad acts down from Horsham singing in front of their green and yellow banner

;D

In a vaguely related vein (i.e. non-league) I quite liked flicking through these pictures of non-league games, some great backdrops to the pitches (remindsed me of the cricket pitch on the east coast of Arran with the mountains as a backdrop, brilliant).

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Ah, the pie 'n chips at Morecambe served from a foot square hatch, brilliant.  Could be a contender for best league food if they still do it since promotion.

Some great images there Slackers.  Had to go find one of the cricket pitch:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Ah, the pie 'n chips at Morecambe served from a foot square hatch, brilliant.  Could be a contender for best league food if they still do it since promotion.
pie chips and grazy at hartlepool was very good last time I was there. Fresh steak pie from a local butchers, propper chips and good thick gravy. must be in with a shout

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Completely unrelated to football but the mountain backdrop reminds me of Cape town Test cricket ground:

There could almost be another thread off the back of this.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

In a vaguely related vein (i.e. non-league) I quite liked flicking through these pictures of non-league games, some great backdrops to the pitches (remindsed me of the cricket pitch on the east coast of Arran with the mountains as a backdrop, brilliant).

Wonderful photos.  :clap2:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Thats the one nai.

Should have stuck this in in the first place (although it doesn't do the backdrop the justice of the one you've found).

Most picturesque cricket ground in the coutnry? by slack---line, on Flickr

Anyway a bit  :off:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
 :off: but still interesting.

Oddly the club doesn't have a picture of the setting on their website, someone there needs a  :spank:.

Guessing it must be Goat Fell behind with Cir Mhor up the valley, did you do South Ridge Direct while you were there?

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Back on topic. Anyone know what the food is like at sheffield FC? Hudds are playing there tonight so if i can convince my Dad to drive (see NNFN) I may head over

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Guessing it must be Goat Fell behind with Cir Mhor up the valley, did you do South Ridge Direct while you were there?

In the picture you posted the peak/ridge on the left leads down from North Goat Fell, the one on the right is the ridge leading up to Caisteal Abdhiel, and Cir Mohr is indeed the peak in the middle.

I combined two horseshoe walks into a "W" walk, going up North Glen Sannox and round to Caisteal Abdhiel, down and then up Cir Mohr, down to the Saddle between Glen Rosa and Glen Sannox, then up to North Goat Fell before turning back along the ridge and down past the cricket ground in Sannox.

T'was a great walk, only saw about eight other people in as many hours (in contrast Goat Fell seemed to have a constant stream of people trudging up and down), and gorgeous clear blue skies.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Back on topic. Anyone know what the food is like at sheffield FC? Hudds are playing there tonight so if i can convince my Dad to drive (see NNFN) I may head over

I don't know but it should be ok now they have £881k to spend.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Completely unrelated to football but the mountain backdrop reminds me of Cape town Test cricket ground:

Made me think of exactly the same thing. had a fine afternoon there in 1996 getting hammered on free food and booze and watching Paul "Gogga" Adams rip through England's batsmen.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

I don't know but it should be ok now they have £881k to spend.

Sponsored by McDonalds, does that mean they do the catering too?

http://www.sheffieldfc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=15&Itemid=66

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Also sponsored by Blundells. Does that mean they're a bunch of cunts?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Interesting piece (by a Scum fan but not particularly bitter!) about City's sponsorship / commercial income. Worth reading the comments for those of us who might not have realised (or really understood) the worth of the investment to the investors. I learnt something anyway:

http://andersred.blogspot.com/2011/07/look-at-manchester-citys-commercial.html

This comment and the one below it particularly:

http://andersred.blogspot.com/2011/07/look-at-manchester-citys-commercial.html?showComment=1310600773757#c3096304587799321710
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:32:08 pm by Jaspersharpe »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal