UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358186 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Not sure what went wrong there. Here's another go. The logo on the back below the collar is a bear for the Childrens Hospital I think.

I still can't see anything and if I copy the link into my browser I get nonsense!

Edit - is it this?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

tomtom

• forum hero
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2011697/Mario-Balotelli-blasted-controversial-T-shirt.html

Saw that Fail article earlier (linked by someone on Twitter slagging it off). What a load of bollocks.

yes more qwalidy churnalism from the room of primates on typewriters otherwise known as the Dail Mail newsroom

"And Balotelli added to his crime sheet by visiting a Mafia stronghold in Naples during his summer break."

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
They've got it in for Balotelli. I know he brings a lot of it on himself but "Balotelli wears t-shirt" is just stupid and not a story.

All together now...... OOOHHHH BALOTELLI! He's a striker. An allergy to grass but when he plays he's fucking class, he drives around Moss Side with a wallet full of cash. OOOHHHH.........

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Fascinating stuff going on at Malaga (great article):

http://anotherprickinduhwall.blogspot.com/2011/06/warm-breeze-from-costa-del-sol.html

Interestingly, it seems "Stage 2" may already be underway as ESPN have reported today that:

10.02 Nouveau riche La Liga side Malaga are reportedly ready to rival Chelsea and Man Utd by making a €35m bid for Inter Milan star Wesley Sneijder.

Like City shaking things up in the EPL, this can only be a good thing. As mentioned in the article, the hegemony of Barca / Real in La Liga is boring in the short term and completely unsustainable in the long term. The tv cash needs to be more fairly distributed (something which is already being tentatively done) and the emergence of a third power in Spanish football will surely hasten the process.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

tomtom

• forum hero

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
This is just the start.  There's a long running thread on Blue Moon with various insiders from the council, architects, developers leaking information on the plans for East Manchester.  To say the plans for the club are ambitious would be an understatement. 

The online/new media stuff planned is fascinating.  Augmented reality blobs on season cards for next year, live matchday video to smartphones, loads of stuff.

Quite surreal really.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Private jets, augmented somethingorothers, live streaming of Balotelli shagging Ferdinand's Mrs.....

Yeah yeah but do you bake your own pies!

http://www.brightonvisitor.com/brighton-news/albion-pies-at-the-amex-stadium/

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Lots of stuff around about "Etihad" translating as "United" although it appears it really means "Unity".

Load of fuss about nothing but I do like the comment on this article:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1426178_manchester-city-stadium-does-the-arabic-word-etihad-really-mean-united-in-english

i dont care what etihad means in english. what it means for city is success and that is all that counts. anyway, united in english means scum

:lol:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
That, right there, is what the game's all about.  One of the key things that makes the matchday experience more enjoyable is a decent pie, locally sourced or freshly baked rather than the mass produced shizzle most stadiums offer gets a big  :great:  Albion seem to be getting a lot right both on the playing side and behind the scenes, great stuff.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Serving local real ales too.

I'm just gutted that it's going to be virtually impossible to get a ticket. There was mayhem when tickets for the reserves in the SSC final and some friendlies went on sale the other day, massive queues down the road outside the club shop and jammed phonelines.

Fortunately my stepmum has relatives with season tickets so I'm going to have to do some blagging.....

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
That, right there, is what the game's all about.  One of the key things that makes the matchday experience more enjoyable is a decent pie, locally sourced or freshly baked rather than the mass produced shizzle most stadiums offer gets a big  :great:  Albion seem to be getting a lot right both on the playing side and behind the scenes, great stuff.
Completely agree football is all about the pies!!! oh yea and the beer  ;D and giving you an excuse to moan about something other than the shitty weather.

Can't wait for the season to start now. I can almost taste the meaty liquid now ...  :bounce:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

I agree.... On a not unrelated note  Oldham athletic have a deal with MCFC where City season card holders get half price and free kids tickets to all Oldham home games so when City are away or playing to Sky schedules people can still go to a game and Oldham get a load of support.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Serving local real ales too.

If Carlsberg did football catering....

Plattsy

• forum hero

Not sure what went wrong there. Here's another go. The logo on the back below the collar is a bear for the Childrens Hospital I think.

I still can't see anything and if I copy the link into my browser I get nonsense!

Edit - is it this?

That's the badger.

Dr T

• forum hero
Console yourself with the Rumour Mill?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/07/the-rumour-mill-arsenal-benzema-lavezzi

I'm trying to cheer myself up, but I'd rather have a 17million center half and a midfielder who can kick lumps out of people, than another 2 strikers.

Hmmm not likely from this off the arsenal website.....

“My responsibility is first of all not to lose players and then to add and make us stronger.
Let’s hope we can bring in one or two more additions of top quality.”

I hope he's trying to play things down so as to not fuel the inflation that comes with the hints of desparation but who knows...
Wonder who'll be wearing red when I'm there for the Emirates cup

If Almunia starts in goal with Bentner up front I might just walk off in a huff......

Dr T

• forum hero
If Almunia starts in goal with Bentner up front I might just walk off in a huff......

Well at least it seems we're getting rid of the arrogant and the useless....

now please can we have Mata, Benzima and Samba....
 :please:

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Arsenal transfer strategy flowchart.... it's funny because it's true

http://www.surrealfootball.com/2011/06/20/arsenals-transfer-strategy/

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Looking like I (Hammers fan for those that don't know) will going to be setting the new season off with a bang with a visit to Donny Rovers for the second game of the season...talk about adjusting to life in the lower leagues.

As for my main team, Blyth Spartans (Blue Square North), exciting times ahead for the new season - we've got a new manager, a wholesale clearout of the team and we've even signed made an international signing!

http://blythspartansafc.co.uk/new_php/?p=6157

Dr T

• forum hero
we've even signed made an international signing!

French - tick
Scored in lower leagues - tick
Unproven at higher level - tick
Age - oh 25 so that's why Wenger hasn't snapped him up

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
we've even signed made an international signing!

French - tick
Scored in lower leagues - tick
Unproven at higher level - tick
Age - oh 25 so that's why Wenger hasn't snapped him up

I'm sure Cuggy'll let him go for a few million come next transfer window!

Let's just hope he's not another Ali Dia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Lots of stuff around about "Etihad" translating as "United" although it appears it really means "Unity".

Load of fuss about nothing but I do like the comment on this article:

Aye, the fuss would have been avoided if they'd chosen the Arabic term for "the foundation" or "the military base": "al-Qaeda"! 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal